I Blame The Officials

LOUDnPROUD

First off I'm not making any excuses on behalf of the performance of the team, the defending was atrocious and the goal we scored was jammy. (Cheers Darren) We where also unlucky with hitting the woodwork on a three occasions, but the finishing should have been better.

HOWEVER at the start of the game about 4 mins in, we had a STONEWALL penalty ignored because the prick of a ref didn't want to make such a big call so early. then in the second half it was CLEARLY a handball in the box and again no penalty.

It beggars belief how we didn't get at least one of those, what do we pay these officials for it seems they are the cunts who need to go to specsavers instead of promoting it.

We probably didn't deserve to win but with that being said we didn't deserve to loose either, in fairness it should have been a draw if one of the two clear cut PKs where awarded and scored.

Thoughts?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first was a penalty. The handball wasn't.

Have to expect decisions to go against you at times, though.

Think spending too much time on the ref in this game misses the point.

If it is the handball I think it was I was shouting for a penalty when the defender grabbed Wallace by the arm and hauled him down. Wallace managed to get a touch on the ball which then hit a hivs player on the arm but I think that was too close for him to get out of the way of it.

But again I thought the original "tackle" on Wallace was a penalty.

if these so called "officials" had decided to make the goal just half an inch wider and half an inch taller we'd have won that game easily, and what the fuck were they thinking when they just let that ball get blasted over by washorn, should have pulled that back for a penalty - sick of it

First off I'm not making any excuses on behalf of the performance of the team, the defending was atrocious and the goal we scored was jammy. (Cheers Darren) We where also unlucky with hitting the woodwork on a three occasions, but the finishing should have been better.

HOWEVER at the start of the game about 4 mins in, we had a STONEWALL penalty ignored because the prick of a ref didn't want to make such a big call so early. then in the second half it was CLEARLY a handball in the box and again no penalty.

It beggars belief how we didn't get at least one of those, what do we pay these officials for it seems they are the cunts who need to go to specsavers instead of promoting it.

We probably didn't deserve to win but with that being said we didn't deserve to loose either, in fairness it should have been a draw if one of the two clear cut PKs where awarded and scored.

Thoughts?

Ist was indeed a stonewaller - if the 2nd had been given against us Id have been raging.

When you have so much of the possession and still end up losing the blame lies within - we only have ourselves to blame.