Home kit 16/17

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Right so lets give less of your wages to you and more to tax and see how it's still a good deal ??

the boycott is leverage to get a deal more agreeable to both terms. Against every fans wishes, but it's for the greater good 

All im saying is, lets draw a line under this sports direct crap. Us boycotting his shops isnt going to change one thing.

Ashleys making £3million a day from Sports Direct. This deal is short change to him. 

King and co have exercised our right to end the contract, which will take another 6 years notice i believe. Whether its right or wrong, thats the nature of the contract. Anyone can see that contracts crooked, and totally unjust. 

Ashley will get whats coming to him. The government are on his case about paying below the minimum wage, working conditions, etc.

Id like to just see fans going out and buying the top for their sons, daughters, nephews. Let the fans wear the top with pride, forget about the politics in this instance.

It was the highlight of my summer pre ordering the new top. Wearing it every day, getting it washed every night and dried for the morning to wear again. 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Can buy the new home top for £60 on the Puma website

£60?? Is that the price in sports direct for tops as well? 

£60 is ridiculous for what essentially is a shitty quality t shirt. Even though it is a smart top. Can buy a nice Paul Smith polo or something for that kind of  £.

L

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Yeah football strips have gotten way too expensive these days.

Used to be £40 a couple season ago then went 50 now 60

The increase in price represents £1.60 to the club yrs ago and £2.40 at today's prices. Its a 50% increase in income from shirt sales. No other club could secure such a lucrative deal. We'll do very well at these prices :sherlock:

If Mediums and Large have sold out already that makes me think they must be testing demand first before making in bulk. 

Obviously all the talk of boycotting the new kits there's no point in producing 10s of thousands that no one will buy. Probably wee batches at a time so they're not left with loads of stock.

Am I right in saying that Rangers were accountable for costs of unsold shirts in this current deal? Thought I read something along those lines a while back.

7 year deal. If we can't change that in some way then the guy has us beat. Can't ask a whole generation of wee bears to go without their Rangers strips.

The club need to get the word out on their plans. I thought we'd withdrawn the rights of this lot to use our badge? Anybody update me so I don't need to go through the whole thread for the answer?

Nice bit of kit too

40 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

f Mediums and Large have sold out already that makes me think they must be testing demand first before making in bulk. 

Obviously all the talk of boycotting the new kits there's no point in producing 10s of thousands that no one will buy. Probably wee batches at a time so they're not left with loads of stock.

Am I right in saying that Rangers were accountable for costs of unsold shirts in this current deal? Thought I read something along those lines a while back.

Yeah I remember that. Think it was up to a certain amount although not sure if it's the club who gets to set the number or if it's down to the board of RFC Retail each year.

5 hours ago, gersandy said:

All im saying is, lets draw a line under this sports direct crap. Us boycotting his shops isnt going to change one thing.

Ashleys making £3million a day from Sports Direct. This deal is short change to him. 

King and co have exercised our right to end the contract, which will take another 6 years notice i believe. Whether its right or wrong, thats the nature of the contract. Anyone can see that contracts crooked, and totally unjust. 

Ashley will get whats coming to him. The government are on his case about paying below the minimum wage, working conditions, etc.

Id like to just see fans going out and buying the top for their sons, daughters, nephews. Let the fans wear the top with pride, forget about the politics in this instance.

It was the highlight of my summer pre ordering the new top. Wearing it every day, getting it washed every night and dried for the morning to wear again. 

So, you don't care about Rangers having the piss taken out of them by Sports Direct with this deal.  You don't care about the boards stance or their efforts to get a better deal.  You want your new t-shirt and that's all that matters?

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

So, you don't care about Rangers having the piss taken out of them by Sports Direct with this deal.  You don't care about the boards stance or their efforts to get a better deal.  You want your new t-shirt and that's all that matters?

What is the the board's stance?

That's right you don't lnow.

Then have, fill yer pockets Whitney and his goons intimidating fans and families outside the shop?

Nay bother!

8 hours ago, Broxi said:

Yeah football strips have gotten way too expensive these days.

Used to be £40 a couple season ago then went 50 now 60

I remember getting English league strips out the Rhyl market in North Wales for £3 in the early 80s. Umbro kids box sets aswell. Happy happy days.

8 hours ago, brazz1972 said:

If Mediums and Large have sold out already that makes me think they must be testing demand first before making in bulk. 

You are right in saying that which is why I believe the club have not ordered any to be sold in the mega store therefore there can't be a shortfall in numbers should we fail to hit any targets. 

Did I see someone say £60? £60 for a football top? Jesus fucking Christ.

If that's an accurate figure, then the world has gone mad. Football is being taken away from the average punter. I don't buy the tops, but what about a father of two who wants to pick himself up one, plus his two boys? Mental and unfair.

7 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Just on puma website there, really like the new top, reminds me of the late 80s home top 60 is far to steep, it'd only be 46 in Sports Direct, such is life.

Yeah I'm no paying £60 for it.

Tops are £45 at the most when I get them.