• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Craig Gordon checking online after the game like "for fucksake, no again!"

Craig-Gordon.jpg

Fluke goal my arse :lol:

Yeah that's the third time in about a dozen games Barrie has scored one of those "one off" goals.

He had a great game and will be a big player for us this season. If he keeps this form up he will attract a lot of attention from the EPL . If he does ever get sold £10 mil is not out of place when you see what some of the players go for down there. 

4 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

So you agree he should be on a contact comparable with a £10 million pound player? Say £60k a week 

Nobody said that. Weve undervalued our players for years. Whilst over the other side Tierney was worth £8million after 5 games, then £15mill, then £30mill before the old firm:lol:

I assume Wanyama was on 60k a week before he moved for £12mill? No. 

We should be valuing our best assets at prices like this, its change to EPL teams and will boost us significantly. 

Not that am wishing our players away but we need to stop being happy with getting a tenth of the money some of our players went for over the past 10 years or so

Fast becoming our most valuable and important player within our squad.

I don't want to be putting any sort of valuation on his head as I don't want to even contemplate him leaving anytime soon.

I was never a fan to be honest, but last season he proved me wrong and his first touch is now a delight to watch, if he has a really good season this year then we will find it very hard to hold onto him as I could see a £5m vid coming in for him.

The only wish he would try and get players booked early doors to stop players marking him booting lumps out of him, again yesterday some of the tackling was a disgrace on Halliday in particular. 

6 hours ago, johanhentze said:

The truth is that we need to stop underselling our players.. Far less talented players go for far more. Every cunt seems to be worth 30m these days.

Yes but making outlandish valuations is simply embarrassing.

Barrie is potentially our prize asset but even then he's nowhere near that figure. That's not underselling, that's simply the reality.

13 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yes but making outlandish valuations is simply embarrassing.

Barrie is potentially our prize asset but even then he's nowhere near that figure. That's not underselling, that's simply the reality.

Why is KingKirk' valuation of him embarrassing to you?

Just now, AlBear85 said:

It is the whole basis of the discussion you're having. :lol:

What a players valuation?

It's more in general than one solitary post because you know there are more opinions than that of one post on here. Social media for one.

Just now, The Godfather said:

What a players valuation?

It's more in general than one solitary post because you know there are more opinions than that of one post on here. Social media for one.

Why do people's opinions on social media in general embarrass you then?

Hypothetically, if Barrie was highly sought after and the club said we want £10 million would you be embarrassed then too?

Just now, AlBear85 said:

Why do people's opinions on social media in general embarrass you then?

Hypothetically, if Barrie was highly sought after and the club said we want £10 million would you be embarrassed then too?

McKay has played a handful of games in the top flight, never played in Europe, he's only had a sporadic appearance on the international scene and has spent the majority of his career in the lower leagues in Scotland. If you think that warrants those kind of valuations then fair enough but be prepared to get laughed at.

Hypothetically...

I'm talking about reality here not wee made up situations in your head ffs :lol: