Is the old firm game coming to early?

KingKirk

35 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You said they were playing shite just now as well. I felt that part was delusional given the amount of goals they're scoring.

Do I think we can beat them with Waghorn back and if Garner hits the ground running? Absolutely.

You didn't state which part of my OP was delusional?

In my OP i said bring them on any day of the week, i see no reason to fear them.

What's delusional about that?

Btw i never once said they were "shite"

I said we haven't been great and neither have they.

Stop getting a hardon over a few results for them fs.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You didn't state which part of my OP was delusional?

In my OP i said bring them on any day of the week, i see no reason to fear them.

What's delusional about that?

Btw i never once said they were "shite"

I said we haven't been great and neither have they.

Stop getting a hardon over a few results for them fs.

Not "getting a hardon" over any of their results. They're currently playing better football and are far more clinical in front of goal than us. I said unless we improve drastically then the game has come too early for us. I've said that Garner and a fit Waghorn may be the solution to that.

I don't see how this is difficult for you to process. It's a difference of opinion, it generally happens on a forum. Move on and stop quoting me now, thanks.

7 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Not "getting a hardon" over any of their results. They're currently playing better football and are far more clinical in front of goal than us. I said unless we improve drastically then the game has come too early for us. I've said that Garner and a fit Waghorn may be the solution to that.

I don't see how this is difficult for you to process. It's a difference of opinion, it generally happens on a forum. Move on and stop quoting me now, thanks.

Fuck up and stop mis-quoting me then ya muppet.

You still haven't told me what was 'delusional'??

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Fuck up and stop mis-quoting me then ya muppet.

You still haven't told me what was 'delusional'??

You said they weren't playing great either. I've already explained that I felt that was delusional due to the amount of goals they've been scoring. This is the 2nd time I've explained it now, hopefully it'll sink in. If you do require a 3rd one though I can write it on a piece of paper in crayon and draw a diagram along with it and upload the picture to this thread for you?

Form doesn't mean a lot in OF games. We weren't playing well at all going into the semi and we got a deserved win. Granted they aren't the same team, but we have strengthened too. We have our problems but I have confidence that we can iron out these issues before the 10th.

26 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You said they weren't playing great either. I've already explained that I felt that was delusional due to the amount of goals they've been scoring. This is the 2nd time I've explained it now, hopefully it'll sink in. If you do require a 3rd one though I can write it on a piece of paper in crayon and draw a diagram along with it and upload the picture to this thread for you?

Fuck up ya spastic, you quoted me as saying they were playing "shite" 

Which is a lot different from "not great".

Do you want the difference wrote down in crayons and uploaded?

Do yourself a favour and establish some facts before trying to shoot down my,or anyone elses posts.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Fuck up ya spastic, you quoted me as saying they were playing "shite" 

Which is a lot different from "not great".

Do you want the difference wrote down in crayons and uploaded?

Do yourself a favour and establish some facts before trying to shoot down my,or anyone elses posts.

And I've since corrected that and still said that to say they've been "not great" is a bit delusional given the amount of goals they've been scoring. This is getting a bit repetitive now.

And since your only replies are now either abuse or repeating the same shit I've said to you already, I'll assume you don't have the brain cells to construct a proper argument and leave you to it.

Cheerio now x

35 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

:atie:

1 minute ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

And I've since corrected that and still said that to say they've been "not great" is a bit delusional given the amount of goals they've been scoring. This is getting a bit repetitive now.

And since your only replies are now either abuse or repeating the same shit I've said to you already, I'll assume you don't have the brain cells to construct a proper argument and leave you to it.

Cheerio now x

So you admit to fucking up your argument but i am the one without the brain cells to construct a proper argument?

You're a funny guy.

Until our defence is sorted... I worry.  That said, I expect nothing less than 110% from our lads.  Losing to that mob is unthinkable.

On the day, we'll be ready.  Our midfield will be too good, too strong -- and will provide protection as well for our back 4.  We need to work as hard as we ever had here.  I expect a couple of epic performances.  Joey for one.  Needs to show Brown up and shut him up as well.  Also expect wee Barry to play a blinder and of course King Kenny to score. Big Wes to also have a standout performance on the day.

Nervous -- but quietly confident.  Old Firm matches are not about present form.  Won on emotion and taking chances.

WATP and GSTQ (tu) 

2 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

You said they were playing shite just now as well. I felt that part was delusional given the amount of goals they're scoring.

Do I think we can beat them with Waghorn back and if Garner hits the ground running? Absolutely.

Without a doubt, we'll play our normal possesion game and Joe, if he starts will score. Our defence also know from the semi that there will be sustained attacks but that's time they will need to play it out. We've a good chance of staying top and maintaining this until 55. 

24 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Without a doubt, we'll play our normal possesion game and Joe, if he starts will score. Our defence also know from the semi that there will be sustained attacks but that's time they will need to play it out. We've a good chance of staying top and maintaining this until 55. 

I'd be surprised and disappointed if he didn't start. I'd hope that Senderos starts too if he signs as I don't doubt that our defence would be a lot stronger with him in it rather than Kiernan and Wilson/Hill.

We'll go into this as the big underdogs but we played them off the park at Hampden with a weaker starting 11 than the one that will start this game. The players should remember that and take confidence from it.

Being honest I would bite your hand off for a draw but if we go there and turn them over again it will be a huge result for us even at this early stage of the season.

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I'd be surprised and disappointed if he didn't start. I'd hope that Senderos starts too if he signs as I don't doubt that our defence would be a lot stronger with him in it rather than Kiernan and Wilson/Hill.

We'll go into this as the big underdogs but we played them off the park at Hampden with a weaker starting 11 than the one that will start this game. The players should remember that and take confidence from it.

Being honest I would bite your hand off for a draw but if we go there and turn them over again it will be a huge result for us even at this early stage of the season.

We need the first goal as they would thrive on it and we know how obsessive they are over their number one club (us) and although we have enough in our locker to recover I want us directing the game and not them. I don't see senderos starting as he was sent back with full knowledge he's was no 5 on a list of only 4 but MW was honest with him in regards to our situation so let's hope he's back at MP training; plus the defence isn't normally a position to take a risk if there's an established partnership whose 'been and done it' albeit we knew they need to click on the day. 

Joe must start or get 30 mins on Friday then another run out on the 3rd.  I know video compilations can be deceiving but if this guy does what he can, I think he's going to be a star due to his natural improvisation, his heading and his pen taking albeit I don't know if he has pace. If Niko places balls for him then it could be pretty magical.

We need to put them back in their place especially at the piggery as they've had it too easy, too long.

We welcome the chase ??

21 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

Not coming too early.

So far we have had to play games where opposite teams close us down and constantly put us under challenges. Its been tough.

Sellic have played teams that stand off them (Motherwell for fuck sake gave them 10 yards of space on several occasions, and let the Tims dance with the ball... yes, I watched 15 minutes of their game and established that).

Cant wait until the Old Firm because it will be the first real challenge they face this season. We will keep a high tempo. And Kranjcar will write his name into Rangers history books with his dominance IMO.

It's interesting because I see similarities between Celtic this season and us last season. Teams haven't adapyed to Brenda's copy of us. 

They will. 

24 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I was dreading the 2-0 game when McDowell was in charge.

Completely different circumstances mind.

Same , as much as I was dreading it i still couldn't help but have that glimmer of hope that it might be our day depsite the fact we were utter pish at the time  ,

the game will take care of itself on the day