*** Official Post Match Thread.***

BlueBearz1990

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

That us getting pumped by them again is it.

How'd that work out last time again?

It worked out with us putting in one of our best performances of the season, arguably our best overall, and still failing to beat a poor Celtic team over 90 mins and having to rely on the lottery of penalties.

They've improved now, and we don't have penalties to bail us out this time. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manager getting it wrong with team selections and tactics.

We have better players but other teams have better organisation and tactics.

Add in our inability to keep a clean sheet and we are fucked.

Our defence is still as bad but it's the midfield imbalance and lack of incisiveness which is the biggest problem.

Things better change or this is going to turn bad real quick.

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

He can't hear you with his head buried in the sand.

I'm generally really positive, and I find it difficult to be critical of us. It hurts me to do it and I try my best not to be too critical and take a step back and look at the overall picture. Being critical doesn't sit easy with me but you can be constructive without saying fuck him, fuck that, sack him and so on and so forth. I'm sure i'm not the only one who feels that way. It's fucking hard. It really is. However, it's good to have healthy debate between us all without always needing to agree with each other.

I don't see how anyone however could view that performance, and our performances of late though without being concerned. The optimist in me still believes we can and will win the league but the evidence so far has been fairly damning to the contrary. If we were to win the league, it's not a case of some saying "I told you so" as the reality is that the performances that have gone before have not been good enough regardless of whether we win the league or not.......

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I'm generally really positive, and I find it difficult to be critical of us. It hurts me to do it and I try my best not to be too critical and take a step back and look at the overall picture. Being critical doesn't sit easy with me but you can be constructive without saying fuck him, fuck that, sack him and so on and so forth. I'm sure i'm not the only one who feels that way. It's fucking hard. It really is. However, it's good to have healthy debate between us all without always needing to agree with each other.

I don't see how anyone however could view that performance, and our performances of late though without being concerned. The optimist in me still believes we can and will win the league but the evidence so far has been fairly damning to the contrary. If we were to win the league, it's not a case of some saying "I told you so" as the reality is that the performances that have gone before have not been good enough regardless of whether we win the league or not.......

Nothing wrong with  criticism at all .the problem on here is some people were completely unrealistic in the way they looked at this season.We are never anywhere near winning the league and will do well to finish in the top 3 imo.so please guy's stop with all the ridiculous predictions and get behind the team.We have a long journey ahead

I haven't said anywhere, at anytime "fuck him, fuck that and sack him". I'm not going to sit here and just blindly ignore the weaknesses that have been glaringly obvious to everyone but the management team. I'm actually supportive of the 4-3-3 system and the way he wants us to play the game. I expected us to build on last season with new players brought in to both compliment the system and shore up the frailties. The problem is that MW seems to have abandoned his own style of play to accomodate certain players. Trying to shoehorn two defensive midfielders into the team has crippled us offensively, then add to that the sheer stubborness to start with Miller its really no wonder we are struggling in the final third. That's before you even look at the baffling decision to sign someone as slow as Hill when your current CB pairing didn't have the pace required to play the high defensive line that MW employs.

Last season the problems were lack of quality in certain positions, this season so far my main worries have been the baffling team selections of MW.

1 hour ago, theiconicman said:

The squad we have looks like it doesn't fit 4-3-3 probably better with 4-3-2 or 4-4-2 diamond

57c0bbc24de74.jpg

57c0baeee2f56.jpg

I would honestly consider scrapping the 4-3-3, it is alright if you have quality quick players and defenders that can defend, but if you don't it can be a nightmare, would go with the above, all teams are doing is sitting in and hitting us on the break so I would consider mixing it up a bit, whoever is the defensive coach is doing a shit job, however you can only work with what you got I suppose.

Feeling disappointed and frustrated by the result the overall performance of most of the players and how we could not get the win against the 10 men.Having two league wins and a draw before the game despite playing below the level we should I was treating as a positive despite the opposition being some of the weaker teams.Injuries to Wilson and Dodoo did not help and we have been unfortunate that some other talents are injured in Waghorn,Holt,Windass and Crooks.I think the referee was as shit as we were and if we played with intensity the referee would not have mattered.I fully expected us to win but after a bright start we faded bad and it is worrying we have to concede soft goals and substitute players to spark players into action.

I had hoped when Joe Dodoo went off we would have stuck MOH on rather than moving Miller wide.This is no slight on Garner who is new and will need to gel with our players.I am all for versatility in players but honestly think younger pacey wide players would have been more effective than Miller.We still have a good squad,need a solid defender though and I think Barton will come good also.Rossiter having a quieter game is in part being a younger player playing alongside new teammates who are not performing.The signing of Clint Hill does not look a good one although it is early days still but has had shaky start In theory signing Hill was to bring presence,effort calmness and experience to our defence but it does not look like it has.When Mark Warburton finds the correct balance and most of the players perform as they should we will batter most of our opposition.Gutted we could not exert some early pressure on Celtic by winning these 4 games and building momentum.No surrender spirit needed from the players if opposition raise their game against us or play defensive our  job is to raise our level and overcome their tactics.

40 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

I haven't said anywhere, at anytime "fuck him, fuck that and sack him". I'm not going to sit here and just blindly ignore the weaknesses that have been glaringly obvious to everyone but the management team. I'm actually supportive of the 4-3-3 system and the way he wants us to play the game. I expected us to build on last season with new players brought in to both compliment the system and shore up the frailties. The problem is that MW seems to have abandoned his own style of play to accomodate certain players. Trying to shoehorn two defensive midfielders into the team has crippled us offensively, then add to that the sheer stubborness to start with Miller its really no wonder we are struggling in the final third. That's before you even look at the baffling decision to sign someone as slow as Hill when your current CB pairing didn't have the pace required to play the high defensive line that MW employs.

Last season the problems were lack of quality in certain positions, this season so far my main worries have been the baffling team selections of MW.

For the record, whilst I was responding to your post, the quote you highlighted wasn't aimed at you mate. It was just a generalisation based on some opinions i've seen on social media. ie it's fine to be critical of the team and management, as hard as it may be for some, myself included but one can do it in a constructive way without aggressively slagging all and sundry (although I do appreciate in the immediate aftermath of such a performance it can be rather difficult).

I had asked a poster for their views on the game as they seemed to imply everything was fine. I would disagree with this so was interested to hear their thoughts on the game, almost letting them know there's nothing wrong with being critical and one doesn't always have to say we're amazing when our standards have quite clearly slipped. In short, tonight was shite and there wasn't too much to be pleased about (tu)

3 hours ago, theiconicman said:

A video which right now makes me so happy yet in a way so sad , choking for days like that to return . Tonight was fucking awfull , you couldn't tell we were actually one man up in the last half an hour , two weeks to get it sorted Rangers and you better do 

1 hour ago, theclothmonster said:

Defence aside, it's crying out for MOH and If I was MOH watching that shite, I'd tell the gaffer to shove it.

2 hours ago, ronniemca said:

Nothing wrong with  criticism at all .the problem on here is some people were completely unrealistic in the way they looked at this season.We are never anywhere near winning the league and will do well to finish in the top 3 imo.so please guy's stop with all the ridiculous predictions and get behind the team.We have a long journey ahead

Didn't you know, King is the messiah and a Ranger's man too BTW!

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Defence aside, it's crying out for MOH and If I was MOH watching that shite, I'd tell the gaffer to shove it.

If only, But most of all I like the board to tell Warburton to shove it, he is the biggest problem at Ibrox alongside the board.

This is going south, big time and all the bickering is not going to stop the inevitable, the board in their poverty have created an impossible position which will end in tears.

6 hours ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Forrester had a stinker, Miller has lost that extra yard of pace and we're poor at the back (nothing new there). Four points dropped in four games, not good enough...and I'm starting to worry about our trip across the city in a fortnight.

It's all about opinions I suppose, but I thought forester was our best player. Only let down by couple of shots he should have done better with in 2nd half.

2 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I thought that McKay had a very poor 1st half, although how Stevie Smith was still on the park at half time was very troubling, since he got booked for a bad tackle, that wasn't as bad a tackle as one earlier, when he booted McKay 6 ft in the air.

McKay hasn't kicked his erse this season and needs dropped. He has also lost his bottle, which is worrying.