We're doomed I tell you doomed. ......

Reading through a lot of posts last night and today you would think we were at the bottom of the table  playing  football like we were 3 years ago.  A lot of people need to take a step back and think where  we were  only a few years ago and the type  of player  we had to watch week in and out,  it wouldn't  take much to sort the team out a "good" CH and when windas returns I don't think we will see us playing with 2 defensive midfielders (who are very similar )  miller  needs to be used as a sub and when  Waggy gets back fit that could  be the case ,we are not as bad as some  people  on here are making out some team is going to get a hammering when we click. and I'd be careful  what they wish for ever seen someone saying mcCoist for the managers  job.?. stop spitting out the dummy and back the team   ....in Mw we trust

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NetherburnBear said:

Reading through a lot of posts last night and today you would think we were at the bottom of the table  playing  football like we were 3 years ago.  A lot of people need to take a step back and think where  we were  only a few years ago and the type  of player  we had to watch week in and out,  it wouldn't  take much to sort the team out a "good" CH and when windas returns I don't think we will see us playing with 2 defensive midfielders (who are very similar )  miller  needs to be used as a sub and when  Waggy gets back fit that could  be the case ,we are not as bad as some  people  on here are making out some team is going to get a hammering when we click. and I'd be careful  what they wish for ever seen someone saying mcCoist for the managers  job.?. stop spitting out the dummy and back the team   ....in Mw we trust

I admire your optimism mate and I can only speak for myself but my biggest worry is our alarming form at the moment. The Celtic game was without doubt the last game I can honestly say we played well. Given the time that has passed since then, I think that's a justifiable reason to be worried and doesn't come under the 'throwing the baby out with the bath water' tag. 

Mate MW tells us "We'll learn from this" and we never do. Same nonsense every game, and this is against the weakest teams of the league. I hate to think how we're going to cope with the taigs, sheep, hearts etc. We've had all summer to secure a good defence and we're still stuck with the same backline that leaked in goals in the Championship, bar Hill, who adds nothings. He is unable to drop players who are not doing the job, and also unable to change the 4-3-3 which isn't working. I really hope MW is a massive success at Rangers, but if he can't even come up with a plan B he won't last long. And of course the players are also to blame, but they're his players. We can't just keep trying to scrape out last minute wins from teams we should be pumping with ease. 

Good positive post from the OP. I agree with a lot of what he said but we will have injuries and suspensions to deal with through out the season - the question is can we adapt and still win with key players like Waggy and Windass and others on the bench.

I have my doubts.

The Tim's have played 1 game less, are 1 point ahead, and have played 2 out of the expected top 4 teams in the league, and have a better goal difference by 4.

Aye, all is good.

We need a massive bottle to crash when we play them, but at this moment the bottle crashing will be Warburton on changing the team selection.

1 hour ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Exactly. There's nothing even a 50K packed Ibrox can do if the quality on the pitch isn't there. 

Ibrox was sold out and bouncing against Hamilton and we couldn't win that game either.  The fans are not to blame it's the team that's underperforming. 

I was feeling like the OP until last night, how many times are we going to get the wrong starting XI, the slow start to the game, going behind, having to claw our way back after the players turn up at half time and around 60 mins.

Warburton is of the "we'll score more than them" school of thought and that was true last season but now the midfield and forwards aren't working hard enough and looking far too laid back as if they only need to show up to get the 3 points. If the defence isn't going to get much better then the forward players need to start creating and taking chances ruthlessly otherwise top 6 will be our best hope.

Most premiership defences are mince if you run at them or play a high tempo game and we know we were capable of playing that way last year so why not now?

If Warburton wants to stick with plan A, never learn from the mistakes at the back then at the very least he has to get us playing the way we did last year when we looked unplayable.

10 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Who'd have thought Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood town would have been 

11 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Who'd have thought Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood town would have been Leicester's?

Aye,  and Matt Crooks is Mahrez - Jesus fuckin wept  

Lets not start doubting that we have some good players. The defence is rank and unsuited to the system but some of these boys are good. Tavernier could be worth a lot of money if he learns because he has the speed and dexterity to stick the foot in many times whilst chasing people back instead of the old one attempt followed by a make or break tackle. Going forward he is often tremendous. I think Windass and Garner will also prove to be shrewd buys.

OPs right in my view though. We all wanted to hit the ground running but its not happened. It looks like we still have much work to do but its too early to write off the season. It may even take two or three to get all our trophies back but lets not kid ourselves that the task is huge because that lot are not up to much either. I seen their match against apple beer shavings and they should have been pumped rotten. Very lucky. Get some centre backs in and all the boys back for selection and we'll give all the teams serious problems in this league.

I think we probably need to be less gung ho but there is no doubt we will score goals against them all. Just a pity the first derby is not at Ibrox because we might not be up to speed in time to have a chance of beating them away. 

we are backing the team and no i don't trust warburton right now. if he doesn't get it together then he needs replacing. fuck all this magic hat shite. this is rangers and we expect to finish first place. if the players/management can't achieve that then they aren't good enough to be at this club. 

1 hour ago, NetherburnBear said:

Spot on, but Way way too positive for this forum buddy. When I read this forum I think of the 17th century Puritan's ie: Witchfinder General. I would hate to be at a party with half of the miserable manic depressives in this place. Cunts must not have much going on if this is all they have to worry about. My message is simple to them........ Get a life and fuck off with your negativity.