We're in good shape

The Wee General

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Not true?

Playing in the 3rd division 4 years ago has no relevance to where we are now considering who we are as a football club.

The board have been in place for 18 months,nearly two years and have been found wanting where it matters the most,investment in the football team.

This occurred to me at the time of the weekend results, and it was raised by the commentator of RangersTv on the Podcast last night, that Hearts drew the same result against Ross County that we did, and yet not a mention of that on the scale that greeted Rangers. Yes, this is Rangers, but there are players here who have yet to adapt to that level of scrutiny. Playing for Rangers is not like playing for most teams, in the world even, it has demands that are not easy to cope with for some players.

7 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

Which teams were fired up to play fucking Hearts..............???

That part always has and always will come with the territory of being Rangers.

Our players & staff have simply got to be up to it, or else be prepared for the inevitable consequences.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Playing in the 3rd division 4 years ago has no relevance to where we are now considering who we are as a football club.

The board have been in place for 18 months,nearly two years and have been found wanting where it matters the most,investment in the football team.

I half agree with that. Warburton and Weir would have been an investment in itself. We have recruited wisely in some areas. I expect Warburton knows a lot more about the players he needs now that he did a year ago. I think there are certain players not good enough for Rangers, who are there at the moment, and I think the manager knows that very well.

6 hours ago, The Wee General said:

A statement used frequently by our current manager. At this moment, we are currently lying 7th in a piss poor league of 12.

Can you imagine this situation being acceptable from any of our great former managers, ie

Bill Struth; Scot Symon; John Greig; Jock Wallace; Graham Souness; Walter Smith or Alex Mcleish....Not on your nelly.

But somehow, some of us believe that we are on track with our current manager Mark Warburton, to reclaim the heights and expectations that we demand and expect of our Glasgow Rangers Football Club.

What I want firstly is a board that properly funds the club. Secondly, a manager who understands that success is paramount to the countless thousands who support the club worldwide. Thirdly, that the manager instills in the players the importance of our history and expectations of the club and it's fans.

Basically,  what I'm saying is....just being "in good shape" ain't fuckin good enough.

Our standards sank soooo low these last few years .What we are served up now is acceptable .

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Unless the budget is significantly increased we won't be challenging celtic any time soon regardless of who is sitting in the dugout.

This. We've broken the ST renewal record for a decade, have little to no debt and either MW refused to spend that money on players, or the board are holding it back. For what though?

I have been patient given the circumstances but the quality we have is not showing. We're "not learning" as MW keeps saying. 

It's said many times but since we horsed the smhellies in April we have not turned up. That is concerning. 

A statement used frequently by our current manager. At this moment, we are currently lying 7th in a piss poor league of 12.

Can you imagine this situation being acceptable from any of our great former managers, ie

Bill Struth; Scot Symon; John Greig; Jock Wallace; Graham Souness; Walter Smith or Alex Mcleish....Not on your nelly.

But somehow, some of us believe that we are on track with our current manager Mark Warburton, to reclaim the heights and expectations that we demand and expect of our Glasgow Rangers Football Club.

What I want firstly is a board that properly funds the club. Secondly, a manager who understands that success is paramount to the countless thousands who support the club worldwide. Thirdly, that the manager instills in the players the importance of our history and expectations of the club and it's fans.

Basically,  what I'm saying is....just being "in good shape" ain't fuckin good enough.

He's hardly going to come out and say, aye we're fucked this year because King hasn't invested, and we've a team made up of freebies and bargain basement signings. 

Hes made mistakes, but ultimately we've a budget about 1/4 of Celtics. What are we supposed to achieve with that.

14 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can't disagree but it's off the field ,they are continuing to do all the damage .

Until these two are out of Ibrox .Our club is going to stay in limbo with attack after attack on our club

McLeish finished 3rd in the league :lol: 

And the rest also had a series of failures, along with success. 

Let's appreciate that we ain't gonnae fix this overnight and show some patience. My gut instinct tells me Warburton is in the wrong movie and won't be here next season but hope I'm wrong. The thing is that we ain't getting Guardiola to replace him and also will have limited funds so we'll just have to cut our cloth accordingly and hope our board come  good, for whatever doubts we have about them unfortunately they're the only show in town. No point in looking back at old managers for even the best would struggle in this situation. In all honesty I don't think attitude has anything to do with our 7th place, it's more down to a lack of quality from top to bottom and an inexperienced manager learning the game. 

20 minutes ago, kanjo said:

thanks for your input squire. Not that i asked for it. #Walloper

You're the one that's talking about walking away already. Typical of the 10-15k of season ticket holders who disappeared over the last few years.

Just now, Alec87 said:

You're the one that's talking about walking away already. Typical of the 10-15k of season ticket holders who disappeared over the last few years.

I've been a Season Ticet holder since 2006. From Eck to D3. Not one missed season. 

What is 'typical' about my opinion?

No one has to make anything up. Our results and league position tells all. A record of 5 wins in 17 tells it's own story.

We have a manager who doesn't see the need to watch the opposition. That is as big an act of folly as it is in bad management and arrogance.

We have a manager who disappeared for six weeks in silence after the most explosive cup final in years. Not one word. Previously, you couldn't keep him out of the mhedia. Everyone chose to bury their head in the sand and ignore it. I see a chasm between him and the Director in abstentia. I see a manager treading water.

Let's get real here, we have players of limited ability. This group will not win anything. It's not their fault and little point in singling them out and berating them every week. They are not fit for purpose to win this league this season or any other and MW is delusional if he thinks they can. I am sure he isn't and only tells us what we want to hear. Only with a step up in quality can we ever hope to achieve that and therein lies our systemic problem. We don't have the money to do so.

Give him time we cry. Well with that attitude, just how many £30mil CL windfall payments do we want the scum to have to increase the financial chasm between us. Their next one is already well under way and that gives a 60 mil gap before we even start next season. Are we so deluded or arrogant enough to believe the scum are going to just wait and let us play catch up?! Just to throw it in, I also have a theory that the scum are involved in some treachery re the proposed new CL format, with the SPFL being complicit in it and the scum will be part of the new set up, being given a wild card. In a way, I can't blame them In looking after their own, unlike some it has to be said.

For us the bottom line is we have a squad of players with limited ability and we are cash strapped, in being impotent to do little about it. There will be no challenge to the scum now, nor for the foreseeble future. No matter the wishfull thinking. The scum are building up a financial chasm between us and them, relatively speaking as big as the chasm between the EP and the SPFL. Whether we are in support of Warburton or not, matters not a jot. We are just not financially equipped to take them on. Not fit for purpose and all more in hope than expectation.

What is the board's strategy to change all of this? Empty rhetoric and not even much of that. They have none. They can see no further than our pound sitting at the end of their nose. Until the fan base wake up to that, we shall be for the foreseeable future in the slip stream of the scum. The signs are all there. Deny them at our peril.

The teams performances have been getting slightly better of late and this has bought the gaffer some time.

He seems quite happy to change the lineup every week but will stubbornly plough on with his wank 433 formation that has been sussed out months ago.

I feel he needs time to come to terms with the massive ego deflation that admitting he was wrong will bring, but we are Rangers we don't have time for big egos.

Madness is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

Can you imagine what the score would be if Sir Walter's Rangers took on this pile a shite Warburton puts out.

They would murder them, as Walter was the quick counter maestro.

24 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He's hardly going to come out and say, aye we're fucked this year because King hasn't invested, and we've a team made up of freebies and bargain basement signings. 

Hes made mistakes, but ultimately we've a budget about 1/4 of Celtics. What are we supposed to achieve with that.

The answer is nothing, so time we all either get used to it, or do something about this board, because they aren't for changing, as they have no money. Only ours!

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No one has to make anything up. Our results and league position tells all. A record of 5 wins in 17 tells it's own story.

We have a manager who doesn't see the need to watch the opposition. That is as big an act of folly as it is in bad management and arrogance.

We have a manager who disappeared for six weeks in silence after the most explosive cup final in years. Not one word. Previously, you couldn't keep him out of the mhedia. Everyone chose to bury their head in the sand and ignore it. I see a chasm between him and the Director in abstentia. I see a manager treading water.

Let's get real here, we have players of limited ability. This group will not win anything. It's not their fault and little point in singling them out and berating them every week. They are not fit for purpose to win this league this season or any other and MW is delusional if he thinks they can. I am sure he isn't and only tells us what we want to hear. Only with a step up in quality can we ever hope to achieve that and therein lies our systemic problem. We don't have the money to do so.

Give him time we cry. Well with that attitude, just how many £30mil CL windfall payments do we want the scum to have to increase the financial chasm between us. Their next one is already well under way and that gives a 60 mil gap before we even start next season. Are we so deluded or arrogant enough to believe the scum are going to just wait and let us play catch up?! Just to throw it in, I also have a theory that the scum are involved in some treachery re the proposed new CL format, with the SPFL being complicit in it and the scum will be part of the new set up, being given a wild card. In a way, I can't blame them In looking after their own, unlike some it has to be said.

For us the bottom line is we have a squad of players with limited ability and we are cash strapped, in being impotent to do little about it. There will be no challenge to the scum now, nor for the foreseeble future. No matter the wishfull thinking. The scum are building up a financial chasm between us and them, relatively speaking as big as the chasm between the EP and the SPFL. Whether we are in support of Warburton or not, matters not a jot. We are just not financially equipped to take them on. Not fit for purpose and all more in hope than expectation.

What is the board's strategy to change all of this? Empty rhetoric and not even much of that. They have none. They can see no further than our pound sitting at the end of their nose. Until the fan base wake up to that, we shall be for the foreseeable future in the slip stream of the scum. The signs are all there. Deny them at our peril.

Do you just copy and paste this post and stick it in everywhere you can.It's all about opinions but come on how many times do you have to share the same story.You say yourself either get used to the reality of how things are or get rid of the board which unless you have a spare few million well that's not going to happen which leaves you option one get used to it.

8 minutes ago, kanjo said:

I've been a Season Ticet holder since 2006. From Eck to D3. Not one missed season.

What is 'typical' about my opinion?

Not one missed season you say and you want to chuck it now ?

Na, don't believe you.

9 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Do you just copy and paste this post and stick it in everywhere you can.It's all about opinions but come on how many times do you have to share the same story.You say yourself either get used to the reality of how things are or get rid of the board which unless you have a spare few million well that's not going to happen which leaves you option one get used to it.

Most certainly not, if you can read. Same theme different slant on what is the systemic problem we have. No money. No matter all the low level issues we have or choose to deflect to, it all comes down to that one thing.  

So what's your solution to playing second best for the foreseeable future?

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Most certainly not, if you can read. Same theme different slant on what is the systemic problem we have. No money. No matter all the low level issues we have or choose to deflect to, it all comes down to that one thing.  

So what's your solution to playing second best for the foreseeable future?

You are the guy with the issue.I'm pretty sure we have had this discussion before but do tell me who you know is interested in not only buying out the required shareholding but who is then going to be interested in putting further millions of their own money in to build the team.Do share with us all who these individuals or institutions are.I don't see a que of multi millionaires standing on Edminston  drive bursting their chops to lose their money in Scottish football.Do tell us as there wasn't exactly a multitude of these guys before.

As for what I will do in the forseeable I will go and support my team regardless of who is on the board in the dugout winning or losing like thousands of other Rangers supporters do and have done for years.If that's not for you well that's entirely your choice isn't it as no one puts a gun to anyone's head and forces them to go and watch any team.