Things need to change...

SuperAli

It is the SPFL who have created this situation with having the League Cup early this season. Basically it seems to have been the usual suspects who tick the box for the CCCS and then pay to watch games which are to be honest not very glamorous. This season the LC semi was drawn before the cut off for the CCCS so immediately a lot of fans then decided to join. Whereas in the past there have been around 5k spare for supporters clubs & individuals now there are more CCCS members than tickets. The thing that bugs me is that where were they in the earlier rounds as I seem to remember Ibrox being far from full.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way to keep everyone happy as their simply isn't enough tickets.

The allocation of tickets does seem too random though. A glory hunter who signed up this season is as likely to get a ticket as someone who has stood by the Club in our hour of need. Something needs to be done about it as it is a slap in the face to  the loyal supporters who contribute most.

I'm the bright side OP your nose will get a day off from the stench of their scummy supporters and you can sit at home/Rangers pub,  have a few beers and sing The Billy Boys without fear of arrest.

This is 3 old firm games in a row and not a single ticket for any of the four of us who have had season tickets for many years, so yet again we will be the telly loyal, its hard to take though when theres folk we know who havent been near Ibrox in the past 4 years and theyve been to all three. 

I do understand the loyalty thing but you could also say is it fair that the same people get offered a ticket every time. Say for example a guy get his kids a season ticket does he have to wait about 6 years for them to have held a ST before they can go to a match like the Semi-Final. It does not matter how they do it there will always be a winner cheering and a loser complaining. 

31 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

This is 3 old firm games in a row and not a single ticket for any of the four of us who have had season tickets for many years, so yet again we will be the telly loyal, its hard to take though when theres folk we know who havent been near Ibrox in the past 4 years and theyve been to all three. 

The irony is these people will have 50 inch slimline HD 3D TVs  worth thousands of pounds whilst supporters like you spent thousands on actually going to games!

I got my ticket but it doesn't change my opinion that loyalty should be rewarded. I also think you shouldn't be able to join CCCS after the renewal deadline. And to have priority you must tick all other boxes. Pretty sure this used to be the case. 

6 hours ago, SuperAli said:

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Rangers for rewarding my loyalty over the years. My parents have had their season tickets 30+years and been on CCCS since the beginning of the scheme. I'm 22 years old and have had a season ticket for 15+ years and for that time have been on the CCCS. Today we found out that we have not been allocated tickets for the semi-final. Loyalty obviously means absolutely nothing to our Club.

I'm really glad the boycotters and so-called 'fans' who didn't renew their season tickets for the last 4 years have been allocated tickets. Really well-deserved.

Sarcasm aside, I can't see things being changed, because the status quo obviously suits those who shan't be named but are the usual suspects. I shall be complaining to Club 1872 (not that I expect anything to be done about it) and I urge people in a similar position to myself to do the same. 

Well said pal. Uve done your part for Rangers and Britain in the past few years and fuck any cunt that disagrees or has an issue with that. 

Wouldn't bet on Club1872 being able to help you, sadly.

There's an element within Club1872 (stood/elected/subscribes & has voting rights) that encouraged the boycotts in the first place.

Would be like Turkey's voting for Christmas.

For this game, priority should've been given to those on CCCS for the past maybe 4 years or more. 

The fact that people who've been on it for years have missed out because of people signing up this season and getting lucky in the ballot is just wrong.

I don't think it's as simple as saying the longer you've been going or signed up, the more you deserve a ticket though. The flaw there is if there's a fan who's 60 and has been going for 40 years, he would get a ticket over someone who's 25 and has been going for 15 years. 

Something has to change though.

27 minutes ago, daytripping12 said:

Britain? you pissed pal? she went to support the team with her family.

Anyone who went to the earlier group stages and the last couple rounds should be front of queue, it isn't brain surgery, you can't please everyone but that should be the basis, I was lucky enough to get one but wouldn't have complained if  I didn't, due to work and distance never went to the group games.

Misread OP but she sent me loads of no stickers and posters during the indyref campaign so I've got her back so fuck up taig faggot

I think they should have limited the amount of people who can join CCCS to 16,500 which is apparently the number of people who have been given tickets through it for this semi final. I'm one of the ones who ticked late (after the 2 games in the group stage) but still bought tickets independently for each game. I can see why the ticket office excluded the late tickers but I don't like the way they seem to make their mind up as they go along. I'm wondering what will happen if we make the final, will it be the same policy, which I would then start to feel hard done by, or will it put the people who missed the semi to the front of the queue for the next ballot.

As much as I agree w Ali to an extent a was in the same boat in Manchester didn't miss a single game domestically or in Europe and guy who ran ma bus got 2 tickets through his season book and a never got 1 despite him only going to 1 away European fixture and limited domestic but there's 22k on the Ccs so here's the option if they all signed up at the start of the season which I know they didn't as there's was only 19k then after renewal date the guys on the Ccs when renewal expired should have been priorities plus a extra 1k first come first serve basis and then 2k to sc's but it's been the same all season regarding away games guys who signed for away games but only renewed recently seem to have got tims n sheep where a lot of regulars didn't just need to become pals w a player n get u some lol but the club needs to put something in place wheather it's limiting Ccs or a points scheme like for the last 4 years me personally if a didn't get 1 a would tell them where to ram their Ccs as that's the reason  u sign up for Ccs incase u get them at Hamdump or u get a hearts sheep hubs who will ask for a 50/50 split 

6 hours ago, Lothianbear said:

Hi bud if you were on the cccs last season then you would have been guaranteed a taig ticket last season. 

People who are saying been on it years, never got one this year or last, are fulla shite, you were guaranteed one last year. It unfortunate that some people missed out, but that unfortunately is the nature of ballots. As others have stated, how would it be any fairer for people on he cccs longest to always be allocated a ticket for a game with limited tickets? So what then happens if someones on the scheme 5 year and doesnt get a tickets because people who have been on it 7 years are still on it? at what point do you start allocating any one else a ticket?? If this was a semi final against st johnstone people not allocated one wouldn't be as bothered! Its a ballot, its mibi no the fairest way to sort it but thats what it is. If you dont get one, you dont get one, greeting to c1872 or foning the tocket office to slaughter the staff who are just doing there job wont change that. 

First to tick the box for all cup matches and semis/finals should get priority simples. If you dont put your cards on the table first then you might lose out.

If you wait too long after renewals of ST's then there is a chance you might lose out. I think this is a simpler and fairer system. You get allocated a number lets say, so if you were the #1690 supporter to sign up, then you would be 1690th in line for a ticket etc.

The fans putting the dough up first should be awarded. If you want to keep your place in the line dont miss out on renewal day.

6 hours ago, daytripping12 said:

Britain? you pissed pal? she went to support the team with her family.

Anyone who went to the earlier group stages and the last couple rounds should be front of queue, it isn't brain surgery, you can't please everyone but that should be the basis, I was lucky enough to get one but wouldn't have complained if  I didn't, due to work and distance never went to the group games.

The poster Willis is referring to put in a great deal of work and effort on behalf of the no campaign , know your stuff before you start spouting pish in future 

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Wouldn't bet on Club1872 being able to help you, sadly.

There's an element within Club1872 (stood/elected/subscribes & has voting rights) that encouraged the boycotts in the first place.

Would be like Turkey's voting for Christmas.

Although turkeys never weasle their way into a position of influence in such a vote.....

I've maybe misinterpreted but I'm sure I've heard folk suggesting they have got a ticket but that they weren't signed up to the CCCS from the start of the season. If that is the case then it is a bit odd that others who have been haven't got a ticket and it suggests the way they said they'd do it is not how it's actually been done. I've had my ST since division 3 and been on the CCCS the last couple of years but didn't sign up from the start this year (did sign up later though) for various reasons, missed one game and attended on a pals CCCS ticket for another so I certainly wasn't expecting to be guaranteed a ticket but I thought I had an outside chance of being included in a ballot and it does surprise me to hear that people signed up from the start haven't got tickets as I'd have thought that category would have been outnumbered by tickets available and the ballot cut off might have been people who missed one, maybe 2 games (hence my thoughts on having a slight chance)

Not sure exactly where I stand though, I can see both arguments, there has to be a point where the playing field is levelled for newer season ticket holders but I can understand annoyance for someone following for years and not getting a ticket whilst someone getting a first ST this year and signing up might get an OF ticket on the back of attending a handful of games ever

13 hours ago, Hoodster said:

Just playing devils advocate here, but if tickets only ever went to longest holders of season tickets, how would young or new supporters ever get to an away game?

Exactly. You win some you lose some that's how it works, history or the amount of time you have held a season ticket for goes for nothing. A guy could have his season ticket for 30+ Years but does that make him more worthy than some one who's had his for 5? In my opinion no.