I've lost confidence in MW now

eejay the dj

Just back from the game .Scattergun never a good thing after OF loss but fuck it

Gutted . How anyone can say they aren't . Mystifies me .

We played cautious today . Not got a problem with that . He just never picked the right team to implement it .

We rode our luck today . Halliday and 3/4 of our defence were superb .Wallace was my exclusion. He was terrible first half .

Where I thought we were struggling . Playing Kenny up top on his own again . Thought his work rate was good but he showed why he isn't the player he once was .

What I found most criminal about our Manager today . His inability to react or see things when they clearly started slipping away .

That was a game that was there to be won . No question . They were missing chance after chance although our defence were getting the breaks with some heroic defending .

However after 5/10 mins second half .It was clear Windass was a spent force .He was being caught out and was clearly not 100%

To me ,we were  losing the midfield and a missing jersey in McKay was clearly the time when our Manager should have changed things /

Rodgers seen it . He put Armstrong in the middle and they never looked back . We lost it there and then . Instead of changing things at half time ,lets face it .We were already seeing another Barry no show .Why does he have to wait until after 60minutes

What I found lamentable .He waited another 10/15 mins after the Armstrong substitution  ,debating with Davie weir what the changes would be .

In that period .The beggars gained the total initiative .You could see them getting more space and they were ripping us apart at times  .

Then the 60minute mark arrives ,think it was 70 today . He changes 2 ,then 5 minutes later ,our final sub .Complete fucking bonkers .It's 0-0 with possibly extra time looming .

Then Halliday pulls hamstring and as a result ,plays the game on 50/60%.

No .For me .I have lost confidence in Mark to get the job done for us .

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but he's fucking clueless. Clueless in signings, clueless in formation, clueless in thinking dropping points against diddy teams is acceptable when we've been 'brave with the ball' or 'won the possession'. Pissed £2.5 million down the drain on Garner and MOH too. Tav on the wing today, and to think of the fucking grief Smith and Eck got for similar decisions (but at least won us titles). 

The sooner our support and board realise Warburton is a taking us all onto a hiding to nothing the better. 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Just back from the game .Scattergun never a good thing after OF loss but fuck it

Gutted . How anyone can say they aren't . Mystifies me .

We played cautious today . Not got a problem with that . He just never picked the right team to implement it .

We rode our luck today . Halliday and 3/4 of our defence were superb .Wallace was my exclusion. He was terrible first half .

Where I thought we were struggling . Playing Kenny up top on his own again . Thought his work rate was good but he showed why he isn't the player he once was .

What I found most criminal about our Manager today . His inability to react or see things when they clearly started slipping away .

That was a game that was there to be won . No question . They were missing chance after chance although our defence were getting the breaks with some heroic defending .

However after 5/10 mins .It was clear Windass was a spent force .He was being caught out and was clearly not 100%

To me ,we were  losing the midfield and a missing jersey in McKay was clearly the time when our Manager should have changed things /

Rodgers seen it . He put Armstrong in the middle and they never looked back . We lost it there and then . Instead of changing things at half time ,lets face it .We were already seeing another Barry no show .Why does he have to wait until after 60minutes

What I found lamentable .He waited another 10/15 mins ,debating with Davie weir what the changes would be .

In that period .The beggars gained the total initiative .You could see them getting more space and they were ripping us apart at times  .

Then the 60minute mark arrives ,think it was 70 today . He changes 2 ,then 5 minutes later ,our final sub .Complete fucking bonkers .It's 0-0 with possibly extra time looming .

Then Halliday pulls hamstring and as a result ,plays the game on 50/60%.

No .For me .I have lost confidence in Mark to get the job done for us .

Got to agree with you there. From the first minute they closed us down and we gave them all the space they wanted, why was this allowed to continue when we can see it? 

Hate to say it but its just going to stay this way  as we keep losing the games that matter.

The way I see it, we have been shafted by the board because we played them off the park last season. They thought we were better than we are and decided to keep the piggy bank intact. 

MW frustrates the shite out me, but who knows what he can do with some investment in the team? Half of me wants to give him a lift home to england, but the other half wants me to see what he can do with good signings.

Think everyone's being a bit harsh. Going 4-5-1 with Tav at right wing totally nullified Sinclair and Tierney (they strongest area of the park).

The bottom line is we don't have good enough players, which will only come with continued investment in the squad window after window. That has to come from King and co. 

Rodgers definitely won the battle in midfield bringing Armstrong on, but I'm not sure we had the right personnel available to bring in there. Think only Crooks was there, and he's a million miles off sharp at the moment. 

1 minute ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

there's a certain recently released english manager who needs to start up again, sure big sam would have us back to where we belong, humiliating the filth and every cunt that gets in our way

That would require money to be spent, on both the manager at the playing squad. 

2 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

The way I see it, we have been shafted by the board because we played them off the park last season. They thought we were better than we are and decided to keep the piggy bank intact. 

MW frustrates the shite out me, but who knows what he can do with some investment in the team? Half of me wants to give him a lift home to england, but the other half wants me to see what he can do with good signings.

Well, he's had more investment than anyone in the league outside Celtic yet he's still struggling to keep us competitive with Aberdeen and Hearts. 

Just now, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Well, he's had more investment than anyone in the league outside Celtic yet he's still struggling to keep us competitive with Aberdeen and Hearts. 

Aberdeen were lucky to beat us. Refs in blackened out tim tops doesn't help either. When was the last time we played hearts?

3 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

I don't think we played them off the park last season at all.

We had more possession and some good spells of play but they still had about 30 shots at goal, more than they had today or in the 5-1 game, they missed sitters and an open goal. We were dead on our feet by the end of the game and holding on for a 2-2. The result in that game has clearly glossed over the full display.

I get it and elements really do piss the fuck out of me. Like his love child mckay.

But ask yourself how many today played well. 3? Ask yourself how many get pass marks. Another 1 or 2?

Half that team should hang their heads and are as culpable if not more than the manager today.

Thin ice, as KAI says, he's not quite gone yet for me but defo on thin ice.

I don't think their sub changed the game at all, it was like for like was it not? He brought on fresh legs which MW didn't combat

The game was lost as soon as it started because none of our players showed fight or desire

Josh unfit and had a stinker

MW kept McKay on for so long when he shouldn't have even started, mind boggling decision! 

Dont get me started on Dodoo decision 

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

I don't think we played them off the park last season at all.

We had more possession and some good spells of play but they still had about 30 shots at goal, more than they had today or in the 5-1 game, they missed sitters and an open goal. We were dead on our feet by the end of the game and holding on for a 2-2. The result in that game has clearly glossed over the full display.

It's all about opinions. I think yours is wrong. We totally deserved or 2 goals.They stole theirs imo.

8 minutes ago, sugar_free_pizza said:

there's a certain recently released english manager who needs to start up again, sure big sam would have us back to where we belong, humiliating the filth and every cunt that gets in our way

Ffs Big Sam. A man who has made a career of keeping teams up, doesn't have a clue what it's like to need to win every week. Fuck that for a managerial change.

As soon as I got back to the car I heard Warburton on the radio dating 'we'll learn from our mistakes as we always do' (or something similar). Well, he can fuck right off with that patter. He's said it often enough and we never learn. He has to learn now, and has to learn quickly.  We need to match the mhanks up to the 31st game and then take something from that or he's in trouble.

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think everyone's being a bit harsh. Going 4-5-1 with Tav at right wing totally nullified Sinclair and Tierney (they strongest area of the park).

The bottom line is we don't have good enough players, which will only come with continued investment in the squad window after window. That has to come from King and co. 

Rodgers definitely won the battle in midfield bringing Armstrong on, but I'm not sure we had the right personnel available to bring in there. Think only Crooks was there, and he's a million miles off sharp at the moment. 

Correct re the 451. Wallace isn't good enough to play, never mind captain us. 

Our midfield, Halliday aside is too easily run-through. 

Our defence bar Wallace was excellent today and I thought we might have nicked a winner against the run of play, wee are too arty farty fairy style in midfield. 

What Rangers midfield player can you expect to run into a 50/50 fully commited? Again bar Halliday youd be lucky to find one.

Barrie McKay is appalling and Dodoo is a fairy as well.

12 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

I hate to say it, but he's fucking clueless. Clueless in signings, clueless in formation, clueless in thinking dropping points against diddy teams is acceptable when we've been 'brave with the ball' or 'won the possession'. Pissed £2.5 million down the drain on Garner and MOH too. Tav on the wing today, and to think of the fucking grief Smith and Eck got for similar decisions (but at least won us titles). 

The sooner our support and board realise Warburton is a taking us all onto a hiding to nothing the better. 

You don't hate to say it though do you ya taig fuck?

youve said it from day one. Literally every post of yours I read I wonder if you're a mongo or a tarrier 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I get it and elements really do piss the fuck out of me. Like his love child mckay.

But ask yourself how many today played well. 3? Ask yourself how many get pass marks. Another 1 or 2?

Half that team should hang their heads and are as culpable if not more than the manager today.

Thin ice, as KAI says, he's not quite gone yet for me but defo on thin ice.

Gilks hill tav and Hodson maybe Kiernan say alot about how the game went

6 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Aberdeen were lucky to beat us. Refs in blackened out tim tops doesn't help either. When was the last time we played hearts?

Smith wasn't one for excuses because he understood the demands. Warburton doesn't, plain and simple. Winning the possession and bravery ffs, fuck off. 

I think your all been harsh on Warburton, the midfield been struggling all season.  Apart from Halliday, name one other midfield who has a run of injury free games, none.  Warburton has been deprived of options.  None of them look totally match fit.  Barton, Rossiter, Crooks, Windass, Holt, Kranjar, have all spent most of the season on the treatment table or sent home in Barton's case. 

we need to get our midfield sorted, then I can see our forwards come more into the game.

4 minutes ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

You don't hate to say it though do you ya taig fuck?

youve said it from day one. Literally every post of yours I read I wonder if you're a mongo or a tarrier 

Well thought out argument. I'm really convinced that Warburton is the man to lead us to 55 now, so convincing are your eloquent insights. Why don't you describe in really clear and simple detail, for the 'mongo's that you describe, as to why you believe Warburton will ever win the league?