I've lost confidence in MW now

eejay the dj

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, left winger said:

As soon as I got back to the car I heard Warburton on the radio dating 'we'll learn from our mistakes as we always do' (or something similar). Well, heĀ can fuck right off with that patter. He's said it often enough and we never learn. He has to learn now, and has to learn quickly. Ā We need to match the mhanks up to the 31st game and then take something from that or he's in trouble.

Except he did learn from last time. We were far more compact, less exposed and nullified their threat down the left (which was a big problem). Doesn't fit your toys out the pram patter though.Ā 

23 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

The way I see it, we have been shafted by the board because we played them off the park last season. They thought we were better than we are and decided to keep the piggy bank intact.Ā 

MW frustrates the shite out me, but who knows what he can do with some investment in the team? Half of me wants to give himĀ a lift home to england, but the other half wants me to see what he can do with good signings.

What piggy bank? Waken the fuck up, there is fuck all money, king is a lying bastard

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Just a bit more honesty that we haven't been good enough and that we clearly aren't learning from mistakes as claimedĀ 

So essentially slate the group of free transfers, youth players and near retirement ex premiership players assembled for peanuts - majority of who worked their arses off for him?

And then after that state that he isn't learning for any mistakes, and that he's being lying when he said we have been?Ā 

Just nonsense.Ā 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Except he did learn from last time. We were far more compact, less exposed and nullified their threat down the left (which was a big problem). Doesn't fit your toys out the pram patter though.Ā 

Yet they still had as many shots at our goal, we still offered nearly shite all going forward and had it not been for our keeper it could've been another pumping.

Warburton is magic.

6 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Just a bit more honesty that we haven't been good enough and that we clearly aren't learning from mistakes as claimedĀ 

The luxury of not being a manager of any football team, let alone a Rangers team where the manager is picking up the pieces of the last five years.

13 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Well thought out argument. I'm really convinced that Warburton is the man to lead us to 55 now, do convincing is your eloquent insights. Why don't you describe in really clear and simple detail, for the 'mongo's that you describe, as to why you believe Warburton will ever win the league?

I'm not going to put any thought into an argument with someone who claimed he thought Warburton was a fraud after dismantling out main title rivals 6-2. You do make for aĀ very interesting game of taig or spaz thoughĀ 

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

So essentially slate the group of free transfers, youth players and near retirement ex premiership players assembled for peanuts - majority of who worked their arses off for him?

And then after that state that he isn't learning for any mistakes, and that he's being lying when he said we have been?Ā 

Just nonsense.Ā 

I'm hardly expecting him to come out and call them all useless bastards but come on, the support deserves a bit more honesty than the same platitudes every time and some acknowledgement that whatever we're doing just now isn't really working. Ā It's not just a reaction to the defeat today, deficienciesĀ were still very clear in the Partick and Inverness winsĀ 

14 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We were still dominated completely by them, but this time, didn't create any chances. I don't think Warburton really knows what to do, he's got his Plan A and clearly struggles to see past that. Today was Tav on right wing and it was appalling. We did nothing going forward and were lucky to keep it 0-0 for so long.

Sadly Warburton never learns, and will never win us the league. He's just not got what it takes.Ā 

The Hearts game next month is huge. Said after the 5-1 game at septic park I would give Warburton the Aberdeen and Hearts games to convince me he is the guy for the job. Played OK at Aberdeen, they were shite but they still managed to get the 3 points. Tynecastle the next big test...

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The luxury of not being a manager of any football team, let alone a Rangers team where the manager is picking up the pieces of the last five years.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable,Ā iĀ know a manager will always publically protect players and not slate them in the mannerĀ that fans do. But a degree of honesty is surely required when we're nearly in November and the season has been a struggle basically every gameĀ 

1 minute ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

We were still dominated completely by them, but this time, didn't create any chances. I don't think Warburton really knows what to do, he's got his Plan A and clearly struggles to see past that. Today was Tav on right wing and it was appalling. We did nothing going forward and were lucky to keep it 0-0 for so long.

Sadly Warburton never learns, and will never win us the league. He's just not got what it takes.Ā 

Its time to face up to some truths im afraid.

Celtic went out and got a good manager in the summer.

They have a wagebill which dwarfs ours.

They have got Ā£20m alone from this years champions league.

It is not realistic to go out and find a manager who will instantly be able to comprehensively beat them with a wage budget much smaller than theirs.

If we are going to turn the tables on them, it might take time. We cannot just demand instant success. Regardless of if you are uber-staunch and refuse to ever acknowledged that we dont have the divine right to beat them each year.

I have confidence in Warburton to build something over time and bring us to where we want to be.

29 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Smith wasn't one for excuses because he understood the demands. Warburton doesn't, plain and simple. Winning the possession and bravery ffs, fuck off.Ā 

Bollox! Smith had the tools, MW doesn't.

I put down my living room floor using a hand saw and admittedly, it's not pretty. Had \i had the money to buy a better quality saw, I'm 100% sure I could have done a better job. So, the basic difference between a good job and bad job is money. King doesn't have any, so what do you expect?: