board have a decision to make

KingKirk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Inspector Sands said:

He can’t get an SPL or trophy-winning team on loans, bargains, has-beens, and maybe’s from English League 1. What manager in the history of the game could? We are blinding ourselves to where the problem lies which is the lack of promised finance. It is so easy to blame the management team and overlook the blindingly obvious problem of lack of finance.

Stubbs did it this year.

5 minutes ago, Inspector Sands said:

He can’t get an SPL or trophy-winning team on loans, bargains, has-beens, and maybe’s from English League 1. What manager in the history of the game could? We are blinding ourselves to where the problem lies which is the lack of promised finance. It is so easy to blame the management team and overlook the blindingly obvious problem of lack of finance.

Thank you. I got called all-sorts for saying that same home truth on here before the summer off guys like Al Bear.

It's Roy Of The Rovers stuff to think we can. If the blueprint were that easy every single team would be doing it.

Aberdeen's and Heart's would find that extra 10 million a year from somewhere and match us and do it better ..again if that's all it took and were that easy.

Absolute dreamland some live in and now the cold hard facts starting to hit home and hard.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

before January either back or sack Warburton simple. Give him the dough needed to close the gap or move on.......

The only bit I don't agree with is the January bit. Give MW a good transfer kitty in the summer, where better quality players are available and see where we go from there.

His footballing philosophy is good and we have enjoyed watching it. It's not happening now coz we are facing higher quality opposition and don't have the talent to compete. The desire is there, but it just simply isn't enough to cut it at this level. 

It's time to buy in some quality for next season. That process alone could be the end of MW and DK.. They all have to step up and show more ambition.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

and what does that say about us when him and that Hibs team were worthy winners in the final against us?

It says that its possible to win a trophy without spending millions if the available players are trained, coached and set up in the appropriate manner.

I was simply answering the question posed.

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

It says that its possible to win a trophy without spending millions if the available players are trained, coached and set up in the appropriate manner.

Yeah but it's obvious the guy meant competing properly on a regular basis. Teams like Hibs, Inverness, Ross County, Dunfermline Kilmarnock, St Mirren win a domestic cup from time to time.

I'm not speaking for the guy, but I'm pretty confident he meant to compete and be dominant again winning titles and trophies.

21 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

This time last year, we were all lead to believe there was a queue of English Championship teams all fighting each other for MW. How ridiculous that all looks now.  

A guy like MW will always attract attention from the Championship or ambitious League 1 teams , they have money to burn and our perceived lack of it won't have gone unnoticed down there .

The next time it's rumoured , it will be interesting to see how quick the rumours are shot down or whether there is any encouragement from either MW or the board ! TBH I don't see the board sacking the manager at any time this season but they could make his position untenable the same way  Brentford did . If that happens then I think given the time ,money and effort put into restructuring the playing and coaching system throughout the club then we could be looking at an internal appointment .

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah but it's obvious the guy meant competing properly on a regular basis. Teams like Hibs, Inverness, Ross County, Dunfermline Kilmarnock, St Mirren win a domestic cup from time to time.

I'm not speaking for the guy, but I'm pretty confident he meant to compete and be dominant again winning titles and trophies.

Thanks. That’s exactly what I meant.

24 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Derek McInnes would be the most likely replacement. Personally don't like him but he might do well.

Can he win us the league with a similar budget to what Warburton is working with now?  I just can't see it.  Our main problem is lack of investment in the squad.  If Warburton had the same amount of money as Rodgers I think we would be competing. 

Hearts won the championship and finished 3rd last season with next to no budget,Aberdeen the seasonal surrender monkeys managed to finish 2nd with not a lot of money and pushed the unwashed until the latter stages before the usual arse collapse.... So in theory Rangers have a bigger combined budget than Hearts and Aberdeen put together so that means both Aberdeen and Hearts will be left trailing in our wake.... Doesn't really and all it proves is even when spending next to nothing,Rangers couldn't do the same as both Hearts and Aberdeen and finish 3nd or 3rd with the same budget.

Our problem is who we are.

39 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Hearts won the championship and finished 3rd last season with next to no budget,Aberdeen the seasonal surrender monkeys managed to finish 2nd with not a lot of money and pushed the unwashed until the latter stages before the usual arse collapse.... So in theory Rangers have a bigger combined budget than Hearts and Aberdeen put together so that means both Aberdeen and Hearts will be left trailing in our wake.... Doesn't really and all it proves is even when spending next to nothing,Rangers couldn't do the same as both Hearts and Aberdeen and finish 3nd or 3rd with the same budget.

Our problem is who we are.

Spending has everything to do with success.  If you had a diagram that showed you how much each club spent this season in wages and transfer fees I bet it would closely mirror the final league standings.  Of course, there will be exceptions to that rule but for the most part money and success go hand in hand.  Celtic are currently spending more than every other club in the SPFL combined and any manager we put in place is going to struggle to compete with that.  Warburton is up against it here and we as a support need to understand that winning this league while Celtic are spending 3x more money is going to be a very big ask.

4 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

Hold on a minute here so Stubbs was some sort of superior coach that trained his players to win trophies? Yet had never got himself out the championship and has just signed on at the job centre this week? Are you haveing a laugh or wit?

9 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Hold on a minute here so Stubbs was some sort of superior coach that trained his players to win trophies? Yet had never got himself out the championship and has just signed on at the job centre this week? Are you haveing a laugh or wit?

He was shite yet even he figured out how to set-up differently in games to beat us. Tactically outdone by Stubbs :power_of_anguish:

40 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

During the final Hibs pressed us high up the pitch and exploited our weakness at full-back, and in the air.  Their tactics were spot on that day and yes, that's better coaching.

Some absolute plonkers on here. We have a huge rebuilding project underway. Anyone who thinks we should have rolled up today and strolled to a win is kidding themselves on. They've had years to build unchallenged.

It's going to take time to rebuild properly without spending fortunes. If the fans stop backing the manager we'll turn out to be our own worst enemy. 

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

During the final Hibs pressed us high up the pitch and exploited our weakness at full-back, and in the air.  Their tactics were spot on that day and yes, that's better coaching.

ah well now that you put it like that bring Stubbs in :lol: get a grip 

Any half decent manager could have won the Championship with Rangers last season. The team were ok in that league as they were always going to have enough to top it. Thing is the performances were shite for long before that disaster of a cup final and the problems weren't addressed. I never expected to win the top league this year but was hoping to at least give Celtic something to think about. 

Warburtons stubbornness worries me and we aren't really making any progress on the park.