*** Ireland V Scotland / Euro 2016 Thread ***

First of all, condolences to Robbie Keane and his kin. Just fucking awful what happened to two members of his family.

Secondly, well done Wales. Superb result that will surely see them end their 57-year wait for qualification to a tournament. Let's hope the Scots and Northern Irish can emulate The Dragons tomorrow.

I will go for a tight 1-0 Scotland victory and hope for the same for Norn Iron against Romania (would see them top the group).

Wales 1 v 0 Belgium 12th June, 1945 hrs, Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff.

Ireland v Scotland 13th June, 1700 hrs, Aviva Stadium, Dublin.

Northern Ireland v Romania, 1945 hrs, Windsor Park, Belfast.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a pretty disastrous build up for the Irish. Wouldn't wish some of it on my worst enemy.

Anyhow, a draw would be a decent result. I have to say, I'm not as confident as some. I think it's going to be tough.

Been a pretty disastrous build up for the Irish. Wouldn't wish some of it on my worst enemy.

Anyhow, a draw would be a decent result. I have to say, I'm not as confident as some. I think it's going to be tough.

Would have to agree with this. The overconfidence that is creeping in from some fans and pundits is making me verrrry nervous.

Chickens are being counted, no doubt about it. The 'fighting' Irish may take strength from adversity.

Would have to agree with this. The overconfidence that is creeping in from some fans and pundits is making me verrrry nervous.

Chickens are being counted, no doubt about it. The 'fighting' Irish may take strength from adversity.

Been thinking myself Scotland are a bit cocky about this game. And we know what usually happens next.

The papers have been bumming Mcgeady up constantly like he is fucking Gareth Bale for Wales or something. Aye, the guy is a dangerous player for them but he isnt that fucking good! Be a tough game, think everyone expects that.

The papers have been bumming Mcgeady up constantly like he is fucking Gareth Bale for Wales or something. Aye, the guy is a dangerous player for them but he isnt that fucking good! Be a tough game, think everyone expects that.

Since his one trick pony days at the San Giro he's fucked off to semi-obscurity in Russia then not exactly set the heather alight at a bland mid-table non-achieving Premiership outfit. There's still a space for him in Hutton's back pocket.

And what did happen to that £20m move to Italy the Scottish mhedia were slabbering about a couple of years ago?

Since his one trick pony days at the San Giro he's fucked off to semi-obscurity in Russia then not exactly set the heather alight at a bland mid-table non-achieving Premiership outfit. There's still a space for him in Hutton's back pocket.

And what did happen to that £20m move to Italy the Scottish mhedia were slabbering about a couple of years ago?

Totally and mindlessly overrated by those across the city simply because he chose to play for Ireland - plain and simple.