Tonights Atmosphere

RFC55

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I was toying with the idea but going to the football in your own is a bit, I duno, weird.

4 years I've had a season ticket for and this season both my pals who had them too patched it for their own reasons. I was never giving up mine, so I went myself this season. Here's to my 5th :)

Loads of Bears go on their own - guy next to me was a fucking headcase but I still spoke to him :lol:.

What an atmosphere lads - straight home, popped some ibuprofen and a tyrozet for my head and throat. I even had my sister and dad up doing the bouncy.

An almost full Ibrox standing up singing Derry's Walls is a fucking frightening prospect for any team.

Haha I was toying with the idea but going to the football in your own is a bit, I duno, weird.

I went by myself tonigh and was sitting next to a guy who had his son with him for his first time and we had a great night, you are never alone when you follow Rangers.

Had him at qots 1-1 home game a few months back. He didn't like it. Cold Wednesday night about 22000 there and ground quiet as fuck. Thought I'd lost him with it but today was great.

He also picked up some of the "naughtier" songs so need to make sure his mum doesn't hear him :lol:

With the EPL broadcast so much we need nights like that for the wee yins or we may well lose them

I think lots of folk will have felt the same mate, so that's understandable. Nights like this are what we all grew up on and what hooked us. Ok it's not the same prizes we were playing for like yesteryear, but that's not the issue.

:lol::lol:

Exactly mate!! (tu)

Fuck that.....I much prefer it. You get to do what you want, not what others prefer. I love going to games and getting to folk I don't know.

Also, I know everyone will relate to this and back me up. There's something special about being at a game and celebrating a goal by giving some guy you've never met/talked to before the biggest bear hug you've ever given another man.

Players reacted to the fans as well. Gave them that bit extra. Couldn't help but think back to the Clyde game earlier in the season when there was barely 10,000 at ibrox. Tonight's like this make it a distance memory though and long may it continue.

I was not there tonight, was it loud, BTSports seemed to have nerfed the crowd noise level?

Was fucking bouncing. Old boy picked us up from underground and said Roddy forsyth said on radio "Ibrox hasn't bounced like that in a long time" it was incredible.

See tbh the Fenians and their "wonderful atmosphere" are the darling of the media but Ibrox on a night like that shits all over them

The fans deserve more nights like tonight after all the crap had to put up with

and a bonus the players have improved in attitude and are looking up for it at long last

Any neutral watching would have to be impressed by that support tonight.

Tbh I don't give a fuck who gave up going or why. When Ibrox is like that its like the old days. That was amazing my wee guy has a big smile from ear to ear and is absolutely buzzing. The crowd were fantastic. I hope with the FAP shite etc now over we all focus on the team. They're shite but they're our shite. Best game in 4 year nearly.

Let's hope we get the chance to do it all again next Thursday

It was fucking amazing bud, so glad your wee man enjoyed it, and lets hope the next few years have him smiling the same

Players reacted to the fans as well. Gave them that bit extra. Couldn't help but think back to the Clyde game earlier in the season when there was barely 10,000 at ibrox. Tonight's like this make it a distance memory though and long may it continue.

Hopefully that's the political shite gone and we can now just focus on the team

It was fucking amazing bud, so glad your wee man enjoyed it, and lets hope the next few years have him smiling the same

Think no matter what league a season book may be in order. Although I work almost every weekend his granda can take him

Defensively we were good but how many chances did we create

First 20 mins we were 2nd to everything

As I said someone else, yes, we gave Hibs far too much respect. Same at the start of the second half. However, after that I thought we were pretty much in control. Shiels & Murdoch were superb. Didn't need to create loads of chances.....we took the two we did create. Hibs had more than us and dominated in terms of corners. They've fuck all to show for it though!!

Chin up mate!! :D

Said to my mate who was with us that it was like a European night. We aren't great but they fought for that tonight. All I want is 100% and the players gave it and the fans backed it

If we give 100% like that in the next 3 games, we're going up and that's a fact. We aren't as good as we used to be but by fuck, if we give 100% there isn't many in Scotland capable of beating us.

As I said someone else, yes, we gave Hibs far too much respect. Same at the start of the second half. However, after that I thought we were pretty much in control. Shiels & Murdoch were superb. Didn't need to create loads of chances.....we took the two we did create. Hibs had more than us and dominated in terms of corners. They've fuck all to show for it though!!

Chin up mate!! :D

I think they were there for the taking after the 2nd goal

Ibrox was bouncing and they started to get sloppy with their possession

Instead if keeping it going for 5-10 mins and went at them , McCall went one up front .

Ridiculous decision IMO

Their arse was collapsing and we should have killed them off

I was not there tonight, was it loud, BTSports seemed to have nerfed the crowd noise level?

Would give it a 7 out of 10. We need to keep the noise level up from the first whistle to the last if we want teams to fear coming to Ibrox again, you can see the lift it gives our players when we back them instead of giving them stick, l think the support can play a huge part in getting us up this year.