The Next Rangers Manager Thread.......

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it would be McCall but now I've got a feeling it will be Davies with McCall as assistant or coach.

Either are fine for short term to get us promoted this year or next but beyond that I don't think either of them or McInnes would bring to the club what fans are expecting.

Anyone got a feeling it might not be anyone?

No if King gets in he will know he has to act fast as he needs the money the knewco spl brings in terms of advertising and ticket prices.

We will be fucked staying in this division.

McCall the obvious choice no compensation, if he does well reward him with another year.

That's what I think too

I do like McInnes and he is doing well just now, but as The Dude said he's spending more than anybody in the SPL not called celtic to do it.

I think there is actually very little between McCall & a McInnes in terms of ability. Obviously McInnes' high point was winning a trophy but at the same time McCall finished best of the rest, with a modest budget, three seasons on the trot which requires more consistency. However, at the same time his final few months at Motherwell were awful but McInnes' entire tenure at Bristol City was a disaster too.

The fact that McCall would cost nothing is what would swing me towards McCall just now if I had to choose between them, but ideally I wouldn't be appointing either of them.

That's what I think too

I do like McInnes and he is doing well just now, but as The Dude said he's spending more than anybody in the SPL not called celtic to do it.

I think there is actually very little between McCall & a McInnes in terms of ability. Obviously McInnes' high point was winning a trophy but at the same time McCall finished best of the rest, with a modest budget, three seasons on the trot which requires more consistency. However, at the same time his final few months at Motherwell were awful and McInnes' entire tenure at Bristol City was a disaster.

The fact that McCall would cost nothing is what would swing me towards McCall just now if I had to choose between them, but ideally I wouldn't be appointing either of them.

McCall for me is a no brainer he's done the donkey work at the lesser clubs and did well with no money at Motherwell.

He knows the Scottish game inside out as well which is a plus.

Magath till the end of the season is a possibility.

I agree. By handing over his proxy to the fans he is basically hunting for a job. Long term a definite no no but for the rest of the season I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'm sure he would do better than clipboard anyway!

Fuck paying anywhere near 1.5 million to get mcinnes

Going with your info about Ally/Kenny walking for nowt after the King comes in (other thtread) at least that would mean money available to pay a manager, but I agree paying 1.5m compensation to get McInnes would be silly IMO.

PS If Ally/Kenny do walk for nothing it makes me believe they have been playing a shite game of King v Club. :(

McCall to the end of the season, then assistant to cathro next season, I reckon McCall would get us promoted if he came in the now. Being a Rangers fan he would be able to get the players up for the play-off games simply because he would be determined to get us back up to the premiership, I don't think he could handle being our manager when the expectations start to rise so (assuming he gets us promoted) I would make him assistant with Cathro being the manager I know he isn't experienced but with his record I reckon he would thrive as manager in the premiership, I also wouldn't mind having Neil McCann or wee Nacho there as a coach.

Cathro I hope.

I think Cathros out of our league to be honest. Heard him talking on world football. Says he wants a few more years as an assistant then will go for a managers job abroad. Hes seen as some sort of genius in europe, a visionary. Destined for bigger and better things.

I think Cathros out of our league to be honest. Heard him talking on world football. Says he wants a few more years as an assistant then will go for a managers job abroad. Hes seen as some sort of genius in europe, a visionary. Destined for bigger and better things.

He said he wants to come back to Britain as well but. Plus, not all managers start off at the highest level, ofc Rangers are a big club, but we aren't even close to the level Valencia play at never mind the European giants.