Attack on Liewell

julescotia

The other aspect of the Rangers problem which saddened me was Peter Lawwell's conduct.

He said Celtic didn't need Rangers to progress in Scottish football.

That was not only unnecessary, it's palpably not the case.

The thing that's sustained Scottish football in the last ten years, during a spell in which the quality on display has deteriorated, has been the rivalry between the Old Firm.

Four final-day finishes in seven seasons have kept the interest in the game in this country alive.

The value of the SPL as a commercial concern is heightened only if both clubs are going for the title together.

The Parkhead fans might enjoy being top dogs for a couple of seasons but they'd soon get fed up with it.

Even going back to the nine-in-a-row days, Celtic's gates went down because the fans lost interest.

If you think that's not the case, consider this. In Germany Borussia Dortmund almost went bust in 2003.

Who stepped in with a 2m euro loan to keep them afloat? Bayern Munich — because they knew the importance of competitive rivalry in domestic football.

The same applies in Scotland — which is why Lawwell's comments don't wash at all.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4130037/Murray-sold-to-wrong-man.html#ixzz1mPDPczqM

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing suprises me about that slanty eyed prick. Getting an OF game cancelled because of the death of an ex player who was hardly reveared amongst the taig support. The Japan trip that never was, the "joke" about hooper being wanted by an un-named team blah blah blah. The guy is :wanker: just like 99.9% of the tim support

I was trying to explain this very issue with one of the unwashed at work today, but the 'amateur accountant' couldn't grasp the basics of competition. "But we'ull pure wun the league all the time" was his response.

I'm thinking of putting him in hospital tomorrow, undecided yet.

Not one of the commentators/journalists/etc etc (and theres been loads of interviews) has agreed with the slug, they all say he's talking nonsense, clearly talking out of his arse and as 4menhadadream says, pandering to the lowest of the low.

He is clearly pandering to the investment crew, if we go their shares drop like a hot tottie! hahaha fat horror of a "man"

He's a rhat bastard, pure and simple.

Few of the tims I work with don't like him. Seems to be a Bain kinda guy who takes a lot out of the club without seemingly doing much.

I was trying to explain this very issue with one of the unwashed at work today, but the 'amateur accountant' couldn't grasp the basics of competition. "But we'ull pure wun the league all the time" was his response.

I've had something similar, daft cunt who was saying " a wud happily win the league wae nae competion,iz rat no wit its aww aboooooooot maaaaaan" doh

They think things wouldn't be affected without us? They haven't a fuckin clue :lol:

Winning the league in a one horse race, aye that's really something to celebrate doh usual tim mentality

Liewell didn't actually say what is attributed to him. It just sounds like it.

Given we know he knows fine well that his business is intenable and unsustainable without Rangers, it's no surprise he has to walk a balancing act kidding on the masses with shite like this.

He only says celtic could survive it, not that they would thrive on it.

Like Big jock, Peter knows :lol:

Once that penny drops, the taigs will riot.

Their taxcase site and wee phil have been shiting it about that for months now as they know it is inevitable.

Yep know the type,, got one of them at work too.

He is of the belief that Celtic will go on and on without Rangers from strength to strength,, to quote him on where they would be when all the TV companies pull the plug,,,,,"If there is no SKY TV deal Celtic could broadcast every Celtic game live on Celtic tv. 50,000 Celtic fans world wide paying 10 a month ( that's less than sky, ESPN or setanta ever charged and s fraction of thier audience) gets Celtic 6m a year. Win everything. No more rangers or vile sectarianism (except from hearts) and more money. Win win!"

No mention of what happens when foreign players wont want to play in a one horse un-watched low profile league,, or when scotland loses all its standings in regards to euro competition entry and having to play every qualifying round unseeded.

Scottish fitba would become as high profile as the icelandic league (if they even have a proper one ),, they just dont see it.

The true football fans among them do,, its only the wee bigots showing their true colours that could honestly believe they will be better off on their own or the brain dead ??

This guy also thinks celtic have been cheated out of every league title since 1888 !!

Yep know the type,, got one of them at work too.

He is of the belief that Celtic will go on and on without Rangers from strength to strength,, to quote him on where they would be when all the TV companies pull the plug,,,,,"If there is no SKY TV deal Celtic could broadcast every Celtic game live on Celtic tv. 50,000 Celtic fans world wide paying 10 a month ( that's less than sky, ESPN or setanta ever charged and s fraction of thier audience) gets Celtic 6m a year. Win everything. No more rangers or vile sectarianism (except from hearts) and more money. Win win!"

No mention of what happens when foreign players wont want to play in a one horse un-watched low profile league,, or when scotland loses all its standings in regards to euro competition entry and having to play every qualifying round unseeded.

Scottish fitba would become as high profile as the icelandic league (if they even have a proper one ),, they just dont see it.

The true football fans among them do,, its only the wee bigots showing their true colours that could honestly believe they will be better off on their own or the brain dead ??

This guy also thinks celtic have been cheated out of every league title since 1888 !!

why do you talk to him? he sounds like a baby raping bigoted cunt.........like the rest of them.