£10 million pledged in three days on SaveRangers.com website!

54andcounting

£10 million pledged in three days on SaveRangers.com website!

The SaveRangers.com website was launched last week by the three main Rangers fan organisations - the Supporters Association, Supporters Assembly and Supporters Trust.

THE LAUNCH NOTE WAS AS FOLLOWS:-

Launch of SaveRangers.com

Thousands of Rangers fans have been asking what they can do help save Rangers Football Club.

Today the three main supporter organisations are launching www.SaveRangers.com which gives fans the opportunity to pledge their own money to invest and save Rangers Football Club.

We invite all Rangers fans to sign up and state how much money they would invest if the opportunity for meaningful fan ownership occurs in future.

The three groups call on all potential owners to note that we will no longer tolerate the single owner model for Rangers. We also demand transparency in the clubs finances and insist that all money invested in Rangers should stay within the Club.

The administrators report is key to this as it will determine the scale of the task ahead, it is difficult to predict how long this process will take so we would ask fans to be patient and be 'Ready' when the time comes.

Please pass this on to your friends, family, supporters' buses, online, everywhere & anywhere.

Let's all come together as the one Rangers family and show the world that like our manager, we don't do walking away.

www.SaveRangers.com

:clap::uk::21:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a hypothetical website then? No real money has changed hands, obviously. I don't really get it.

Think it was set up to gauge peoples reaction, as has been said is easy to pledge but how many would actually follow through and how many bheasts have been on it coming the kunt.

Just to add I am sure if it was done for real every true Rangers person would give all that the can.

I hope they are careful about what they claim, the scum fans are having a field day with this site, signing up with bogus pledges. 003.gif

just makes it look better and gives it huge publicity.

essentially they are adding momentum.

also multiple pledges are removed and the top line number reduced to account for fakes.

If we could get anywhere near that amount then it would be incredible. I fear that a lot of it will be scum fans, though.

And others who may have a set amount they could pledge today but who knows what will happen in a few months time regarding their own finances.

I mean I take it anyone can register on that site and enter a sum of money they are willing to pledge?

And others who may have a set amount they could pledge today but who knows what will happen in a few months time regarding their own finances.

I mean I take it anyone can register on that site and enter a sum of money they are willing to pledge?

The amount they can give will go up as much as it will go down, so this should balance out.

The real threat to it's credibility is someone like Paul Murray heading up a campaign for part-ownership. Many fans will be put off by whoever tries to be the face of it. I reckon it would take Sir Walter himself to pull it off.

Another thing I think will play a part is the current lack of a target sum. If someone could add up the money we would need to achieve x, y and z then it might help motivate people to reach the target. I know the target would be arbitrary, but these pledge drive's often benefit from some kind of end-goal.

As a previous poster mentioned, it really depends how dire things get.

To be honest I think the best way to drum up extra cash is to provide a Rangers alternative to things people already spend their money on.

For example,

Any bands that are bluenoses should play a festival at Ibrox. Ex-players should sign special edition shirts and photos for sale. They should also sell their old personal memorabilia at auction. We should have glamour friendlies. An e-commerce site should be set up geared directly to American customers buying merch.

We should send Boca/Edu/Bedoya over to America to promote a kids fitness program or something on talk-shows.

I'd buy Rangers bread and milk if I could!