I'm beginning to think we're now seeing the end game and it looks good.

TBK stepping back as Ng deals with Ticketus is a double positive, I think. From what we can deduce, he has put the most up front, or rather, offered to. If he too has Ticketus onside, that looks like the best shape we could be in at this point.

I feel that this is reinforced by such noted experts as David Bick, David Hillier and others who have said our chances of CVA.

Furthermore, the Administrators' action against Collyer Bristow could put pressure on Whyte.

Despite this, the media are actually still sensationalising it all with the usual negative spin. This improvement in our CVA chances has been somehow stated as a sudden sign of urgency when, in actual fact, the timetable has been somewhat delayed.

Finally, Ng has apparently thought a great deal about sitting down with Ally to discuss transfers. For me, Ally getting another season with this squad and a few decent additions would be heavenly. :wink:

You know what, jelly and ice cream might be a nice treat at the next Old Firm match after all.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope this is how it all unfolds

I'd like to get back to the days when talking about the Rangers was a discussion about football.

I don't see this being a logn term venture for Ng and co but if they can at least get us back on an even keel, living within our means and deliverign a decent product on the pitch I will be one extremely happy bear

I find it hilarious that folk are deluded enough to think this squad needs " a few additions"

This is is the weakest playing squad we have had for 10 years in reality.

We need about 7 new players this summer, not shite either

A striker and right back then our team would be the best in Scotland.

Shagger

Whittaker/new rb

Boca

Goain/perry

Wallace

Aluko

Davis

Edu

Naismith

Lafferty/jig

New striker

I find it hilarious that folk are deluded enough to think this squad needs " a few additions"

We won the league 3 years in a row with the squad we have now, and any of them that's left have successfully been replaced.

But don't let that get in the way of you posting your usual pish, no way. (tu)

Remove the 10 points and factor in that we could have done with one more decent back up striker of say a Goodwillie standard throughout the season, I think we would have won that league.

Despite the media reports and the proud boasts, it's not Barca on the other side of the city. Their dud, can't win anything or achieve anything, manager will likely be there next season.

I'm not claiming that a few players will make us a great team, but I am saying that we can get back to a decent standard, particularly with a few additions up front, to be good enough to win the league, which is a decent place for us to be after this season.

Remove the 10 points and factor in that we could have done with one more decent back up striker of say a Goodwillie standard throughout the season, I think we would have won that league.

Despite the media reports and the proud boasts, it's not Barca on the other side of the city. Their dud, can't win anything or achieve anything, manager will likely be there next season.

I'm not claiming that a few players will make us a great team, but I am saying that we can get back to a decent standard, particularly with a few additions up front, to be good enough to win the league, which is a decent place for us to be after this season.

Sums it up really. It's about getting us to a decent standard. A couple of additions would leave us as contenders for the title, certainly something I would take. Basically, we need a few strikers.

Still, I have to say, realistically, i'd be happy if we kept a couple of our stars right now. Think it's still gonna be a long hard few years for us in which the wage bill will have to be brought down

I really just hope that this is not another false dawn, there have been a few times over the past few months where we finally appeared to be heading for a conclusion, but within a few days we are back to where we began. Fingers crossed from this bear, not getting carried away just yet.

A striker and right back then our team would be the best in Scotland.

Shagger

Whittaker/new rb

Boca

Goain/perry

Wallace

Aluko

Davis

Edu

Naismith

Lafferty/jig

New striker

More or less the same team that went out in the first stage of 3 competitions and the second hurdle of another and at the traditional time when good teams dig in it spluttered badly in November and December.

More or less the same team that went out in the first stage of 3 competitions and the second hurdle of another and at the traditional time when good teams dig in it spluttered badly in November and December.

i dont think the team is bad - we certainly have a few good prospects on the way (our midfield looks pretty strong imo). i think playing players out of position, and poor tactics cost us those games. i dont mean to be negative, just doing a Roy Walker (saying what i see)

Yet the same team who have seen us win 3 in a row and hold a significant lead in the title race for a period of time.

I never said that team would be world beaters but certainly the best starting 11 in Scotland.

United went out of both cups and Europe (2 competitions) and they are still the best England has to offer. I just don’t see the above team plus a few additions being a bad side.

People complaining about that side may well come to realize that in fact they were pretty useful if hard times after the takeover are to surface. No Davis, Shagger, Naismith, Aluko ect and it will become clear.

Weaker than in 05/06 and 06/07?

I'm more concerned that folk think spending more money is the first thing we should be doing.

Our wage bill is a massive problem and needs cut.

Budget cuts for playing staff will be pretty severe I am afraid

I find it hilarious that people think we can live within our means and keep the squad as is - never mind have a few additions and as for gettting getting 7 new additions that are proven quality then you are living in cloud cukoo land.

The end of this process is likely to leave up with a weaker squad, less proven quality and more youth. (I would love to be proved wrong BTW) but next season is likely to see one of the poorest squads we have ever had and unless a good number of the youth stand up and have an imediate impact next season may prove to be a long and testing one - then we will find out the true supporters!