Sandy Jardine: Bill's Our Man

Bill's Our Man

RANGERS legend Sandy Jardine has encouraged all fans to get behind Bill Miller's bid to take over Rangers.

Jardinie spoke a length with the highly successful American businessman today and was impressed with what he had to say.

Administartors Duff and Phelps confirmed Mr Miller as preferred bidder this morning and Club Ambassador Jardine - who also plays a key role in the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund - is keen to reassure supporters.

Sandy commented: "I spoke to Bill at length this afternoon and took great comfort from what he had to say.

"I told him our supporters want honesty and transparency and I was impressed with what I was told.

"He wants to get Rangers Football Club back to good health and is eager for fans to have fun and enjoy their football.

"I know he is working extremely hard behind the scenes to conclude a deal as he wants to make the Club work.

"Our supporters don't know a lot about him but I was delighted with what he told me and he is clearly determined to get the Club back on track.

"Bill has also spoken to Ally McCoist today and outlined his plans to fix Rangers. I would encourage all supporters to get behind him and unite as he is stepping up and doing all he can to save our club and preserve its history.

"His plan does not involve liquidation, there is no doubt about that and I have to say I was left feeling very positive after our conversation."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2759042

I'm willing to give Bill Miller a chance (tu)

Madness that some don't want to give him a chance.

I'm not trolling you, honest; but is it really madness and totally irrational that there are fans suspicious about an American who hasn't been to a 'soccer game' in his life, and wishes to invest in Rangers, when we are understood not to have heard a peep from him last year or any previous year that the club was up for sale?

BK alone is worth 250m, 5% of his wealth without tapping up the rest of TBK would have seen him in the box seat, why did he not push it?

It isn't as simple as that. Do not believe the financial worth of anyone as stated by the media. Remember when Craig Whyte was a billionaire? BK will have most of his wealth tied up in his businesses and whilst on paper they are worth many millions, they are unlikely to be easily liquidated to provide him with the required capital. Same for the rest of TBK group.

I'm not trolling you, honest; but is it really madness and totally irrational that there are fans suspicious about an American who hasn't been to a 'soccer game' in his life, and wishes to invest in Rangers, when we are understood not to have heard a peep from him last year or any previous year that the club was up for sale?

Under the current circumstances where the other option is to just go bust, then I think it is rather irrational. TBK have failed several times and no-one else is coming in, we can't just stay in administration for months waiting for something.

Under the current circumstances where the other option is to just go bust, then I think it is rather irrational. TBK have failed several times and no-one else is coming in, we can't just stay in administration for months waiting for something.

Do we know why TBKs failed? They seemed to think the satisfied the criteria last weekend.

Do we know why TBKs failed? They seemed to think the satisfied the criteria last weekend.

Just didn't have enough money in the end clearly, it would appear they pulled out at the last minute twice when looking like being named PB.

Of course if you believe any of the dark conspiracies about the administrators then it's impossible to convince you.

Just didn't have enough money in the end clearly, it would appear they pulled out at the last minute twice when looking like being named PB.

Of course if you believe any of the dark conspiracies about the administrators then it's impossible to convince you.

I'm not sure that was the reason; I'm sure money came into it of course, but there has to be something else at work in why they were rejected as PB.

On behalf of Sandy, a big thanks for that, will tell him later this evening00000042.gif

I just got into the ground last night when he was making his speech. When you hear it coming from people that are your heroes and you can hear it in their voice how much it means to them and how much they are in it with us. Was quite humbling.

hail.gifhail.gif