F*** Off Ya Dicks ... You're Failures!

julescotia

See you in court Ex-Gers stars sue over holiday pay

RANGERS are heading for a tribunal in their bitter fight with former stars of last season over PFA Scotland-backed demands for HOLIDAY PAY.

SunSport revealed on July 2 that Ibrox chairman Dave King was facing a stunning showdown with up to half of the 12 players who were released by the club in the immediate aftermath of the play-off defeat to Motherwell.

Now after four months of failed attempts to reach an agreement, it’s emerged that the entrenched parties are now preparing for an employment tribunal hearing for a ruling, with a date for it due to be fixed soon.

Several of the original group of agitated ex-players have since backed off.

But we understand four remain totally committed in their determined battle for payments which, if successful, could amount to a combined bill for the Gers board of a hefty five-figure amount.

The contracts of the players in question ended on May 31, the same day as the two-legged showdown with Well ended in a 6-1 aggregate defeat.

They are convinced they are entitled due to a clause in last season’s Ibrox player contracts which read: “Holiday leave entitlement is 35 days per calendar year.

“Holiday leave shall be taken during the close season, or exceptionally at other times, but always on such dates as may be approved, in advance, by the club. In the event of employment for part of a year the entitlement shall be pro rated.”

The players — supported all the way by their union — were advised that because the only paid holiday time they are entitled to is during the close season then the abruptness of their release left Rangers owing them cash.

Meanwhile, bus tycoon Douglas Park has returned to the board, having stepped down in August to concentrate on business commitmnents.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/6745226/Ex-Rangers-stars-sue-over-holiday-pay.html

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God knows if they are contractually owed it. I'd imagine some of us thought Alexander was entitled to that 90k too before the court ruled in our favour.

Either way they're a shower of cheeky bastards. My guess is Black and Foster for defo 2/4.

To be honest, it depends on when the accrual of holidays starts, I know if it was me I would expect accrued holiday pay to be part of final severence. Having said that footballers contracts are somewhat strange and I could easily be talking Keech.