F*** Off Ya Dicks ... You're Failures!

julescotia

To be honest, it depends on when the accrual of holidays starts, I know if it was me I would expect accrued holiday pay to be part of final severence. Having said that footballers contracts are somewhat strange and I could easily be talking Keech.

Yeah, if they've been accruing hols since August then they're probably due them. It probably comes down to when the contracts started - if they've done a whole number of years I doubt they'd be due, if they signed just pre-season they may be.

To be fair to them, when my ex-employer tried to withhold money I was due I chased them for it. I was bloody good at my job though...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt it will be ruled they will be entitled to it.

Football related employment contracts need reviewed anyway, why is it different from any other line of work?

We were stuck with McCoist even though he was fucking shit, if we had booted him out he would have been entitled to the rest of his salary, these players were fucking wank, but again, they have us over a barrel.

If that was a normal job they would have been out the door with no financial cushion.

If that was in their contract then fair enough, seems like they're entitled to holiday pay just as you and I are. If you work all year then hand in your notice, or are paid off then your accrued holidays make up part of your notice period.

Grates a bit I agree but we must adhere to the conditions of players contracts.

Not that I think they are entitled to it,as they were on holiday for duration of their contract,but my hols go from jan - dec and if I got paid off In June and had not taken any hols that year i'd be due 6 months holiday pay.But unlike those chancers i work for mine.

If that was in their contract then fair enough, seems like they're entitled to holiday pay just as you and I are. If you work all year then hand in your notice, or are paid off then your accrued holidays make up part of your notice period.

Good post.

Yeah, if they've been accruing hols since August then they're probably due them. It probably comes down to when the contracts started - if they've done a whole number of years I doubt they'd be due, if they signed just pre-season they may be.

To be fair to them, when my ex-employer tried to withhold money I was due I chased them for it. I was bloody good at my job though...

Yeah depends on the contract start and finish date, however they will still acrue holidays that should be paid.

You can't selectively pick which contracts you want to adhere to and which ones you don't. Makes you look dodgy.

You can't selectively pick which contracts you want to adhere to and which ones you don't. Makes you look dodgy.

If you want to equate a contract with an employee; who albeit well paid probably have mortgages, children and other financial commitments the same as most of us, with MA and a disgusting company with a track record for treating their employee's with absolute disdain then carry on...whatever floats your boat as they say.

I hope as a club we have done the right thing and the players aren't due any money.

If you want to equate a contract with an employee; who albeit well paid probably have mortgages, children and other financial commitments the same as most of us, with MA and a disgusting company with a track record for treating their employee's with absolute disdain then carry on...whatever floats your boat as they say.

I hope as a club we have done the right thing and the players aren't due any money.

Who said anything about SD? I said ALL contracts. If you have a track record for not honoring your contracts as a company, then you will pay the price later on with less than desirable terms from vendors, players, and contractors.

Given the players contract expires on May 31st 2015 and therefore won't cover the close season that summer would the expectation have been that the only time they could have taken their holiday time been at the beginning of their contract?

I know in my case that unless there is any exceptional circumstances which lead to me being unable to take holidays (business needs/sickness etc) then I lose them.

Who said anything about SD? I said ALL contracts. If you have a track record for not honoring your contracts as a company, then you will pay the price later on with less than desirable terms from vendors, players, and contractors.

Maybe I jumped to the wrong conclusion, sorry if that's the case.

Given the players contract expires on May 31st 2015 and therefore won't cover the close season that summer would the expectation have been that the only time they could have taken their holiday time been at the beginning of their contract?

I know in my case that unless there is any exceptional circumstances which lead to me being unable to take holidays (business needs/sickness etc) then I lose them.

Isn't it normally the end of June contracts expire?

Isn't it normally the end of June contracts expire?

More and more end immediately after the final game of the season. Saves paying wages for a few weeks (or even months). Some small clubs even allow players deals to run out and then they re sign in time for preseason. Club saves paying wages out over the summer when the player isn't there and let's the club use the money elsewhere.