Golf

kplfishtank

8 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I was shit today but had the privileged of marking the card of s scratch 66 and tre wonderful golf included. Bloody great to watch.

66 scratch anywhere deserves respect, which course was that and what was the boys handicap out of curiosity ???

Just now, EverestGers said:

66 scratch anywhere deserves respect, which course was that and what was the boys handicap out of curiosity ???

Lanark mate. Guy was a scratch golfer but to be honest 66 should have been 63. In 18 holes he missed 1 green in regulation. 

13 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Lanark mate. Guy was a scratch golfer but to be honest 66 should have been 63. In 18 holes he missed 1 green in regulation. 

That's some shooting aff the whites am guessing, widnae have been too far aff the record up there ???

Golf major on and nae cunts talked about it for over a day. 

The pga championship seem to be determined to completely the fuck the 4th major (or is that second ?)

Last year was simply awful with the bbc and the red button fiasco. 

And this year nobody even knows it's on. 

35 minutes ago, Hamie said:

Golf major on and nae cunts talked about it for over a day. 

The pga championship seem to be determined to completely the fuck the 4th major (or is that second ?)

Last year was simply awful with the bbc and the red button fiasco. 

And this year nobody even knows it's on. 

I’ve seen about half an hours golf and that was Friday night,coverage was piss poor 

The coverage is pretty bad.

Main gripes are, the frame rate is poor and looks poor when put on a TV, and the fact the live stream is about 5 minutes behind.

That and the fact nobody knows its on.

The fact is half the population in the UK don't have access to fast enough internet to watch this properly.

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

The coverage is pretty bad.

Main gripes are, the frame rate is poor and looks poor when put on a TV, and the fact the live stream is about 5 minutes behind.

That and the fact nobody knows its on.

The fact is half the population in the UK don't have access to fast enough internet to watch this properly.

I remember reading the open viewing figures when it moved to sky. 

In 2015 zach Johnson won it watched by 6millon next year it went to sky and only 1.2 million watched stenson win it. 

must be frightening the figures for this. 

Don't understand why they can't sell it like: Company A pays for the broadcasting rights and Company B else pays for the online rights. 

25 minutes ago, Hamie said:

I remember reading the open viewing figures when it moved to sky. 

In 2015 zach Johnson won it watched by 6millon next year it went to sky and only 1.2 million watched stenson win it. 

must be frightening the figures for this. 

Don't understand why they can't sell it like: Company A pays for the broadcasting rights and Company B else pays for the online rights. 

With La Liga and Serie A.

These are things I might watch if they are on. However, I don't care enough that I would seek them behind a pay wall, and I feel the majority of the audience feel that way too.

It's becoming too complicated, too many companies with a share and wanting you to subscribe. It isn't making things better for the customer.

5-6yrs ago, you got a sky subscription and it was easy.... you had most of what you wanted to watch, conveniently.

Tonight, I want to have a couple of friends around, have a few drinks, and watch the final round of golf on my wall mounted TV. I have a firestick, a smart TV and a playstation. How do I even do this without going upstairs, pulling the desktop out from the computer desk, bringing it down stairs, sitting it on the floor with cables trawled about into it and the TV?

The inconvenience, lack of coverage, quality of coverage and the time delay have made it such a difficult watch. The time delay is the worst. You want to see live sport live. It has to be instant. It's just not been good enough.

Tiger has a realistic chance to win his 15th major, which arguably could be one of the greatest sporting comebacks/stories of all time, yet the wider audience won't know about it. It's madness. Throw Koepka, Thomas, Fowler, Day, Scott and others into the mix and there's a cracking final day ahead. It's just a shame.

The live coverage on facebook at no point broke 10k viewers. I'm reading that viewing figures haven't broke 100k. Even on sky you'd expect 7x or 8x that for the early rounds, and thats already behind a pay wall. Sky would have +1m viewers for the final round, I doubt Eleven sports will even have a 5th of that. I think concensus is that this has been a disaster.

Can anyone help me to get this working on either the firestick or PS4?

I am just using their browsers but neither work. I don't want to be sat watching golf on a tablet when I've a 60" screen on the wall. Mirroring has such a poor frame rate it isn't an option, and I don't want to have to unplug everything from upstairs, pull everything out of the cable tidies, to bring the desktop computer down.

58 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

if you have a chromecast you can open the facebook page in chrome and then cast the page

I don't.

I have a firestick with firefox.

It starts buffering, nothing happens, I refresh, it logs me out, log in, it starts buffering, nothing happens, I refresh and it logs me out.

Repeat 3 or 4 times, and it eventually works. Maybe 30 minutes, then buffering, nothing happens, refresh......

I'm close to giving up with watching on a TV and just watching on the phone.