Kris Boyd officially signs for Middlesbrough

Too many kids that have yet to step out into the real world are commenting. he has financially secured his and his kids futures by going to Boro, something he could not do at Rangers

If he was getting 18k a week, he would take home roughly 550k per year. Are you honestly saying this is not enough to make sure his family are financially secure?

It would be nearer 350,00 after tax’s and payments to the people around him then his living expenses etc. Ok course it would be but he would need to keep his eye on what he did for the rest of his life. With the money he is on at Boro he will be a multi millionaire very quickly, and i mean cash millionaire.

As i say, once you have kids your priorities change.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many kids that have yet to step out into the real world are commenting. he has financially secured his and his kids futures by going to Boro, something he could not do at Rangers

You don't think 18k a week would set him up for life?

Not when you compare it to £40k with an increase to £50k plus. Once you have kids nostalgia takes a big second place. I keep saying it but he has probably become a millionaire over night, if not now he will be in 6 months. How’s to say he wont get a career ending injury in the first game of the season?

Once you have kids life becomes about them and their future not your own pleasure and nostalgic notions. Trust me

Boyd earned more in a month at Rangers than most families earn in a year. Anything else is greed, pure and simple.

I'll tell you something, if I was a kid and my dad was a footballer I'd much rather we were well-off and he was a hero and legend at the Rangers than stinking rich and an unremarkable player at a championship side.

Not when you compare it to £40k with an increase to £50k plus. Once you have kids nostalgia takes a big second place. I keep saying it but he has probably become a millionaire over night, if not now he will be in 6 months. How’s to say he wont get a career ending injury in the first game of the season?

Once you have kids life becomes about them and their future not your own pleasure and nostalgic notions. Trust me

Boyd earned more in a month at Rangers than most families earn in a year. Anything else is greed, pure and simple.

I'll tell you something, if I was a kid and my dad was a footballer I'd much rather we were well-off and he was a hero and legend at the Rangers than stinking rich and an unremarkable player at a championship side.

Have you got kids?

If he was getting 18k a week, he would take home roughly 550k per year. Are you honestly saying this is not enough to make sure his family are financially secure?

£18k per week is take home £477,361.15 per year - http://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/salary.php

I'm kind of siding with Bear in this, Boyd is 27 next month. How much longer does he have at this level of football? 5 years? 7? If we say 7 years, he'd earn £3,341,528.05 in that time.

If he's on the reported £40k pw, that is £7,265,448.05 over the same 7 years.

Taking into account the cost of his lifestyle, which will be a little more than most of us spend ( :rolleyes: ) and assuming that he stops playing at 34 having earned the reported wage for that entire time, he can earn almost £4m more with Boro.

That would be a consideration for anyone, surely? Particularly someone with children as Bear has pointed out.

Some of the grief given to Boyd on here is ridiculous

Yes, I cant believe he's chosen Boro over The Rangers, but we dont know all the ins and outs of it.

I'm gutted in all honesty, absolutely gutted. But time will tell whether he has made the right call.

And the argument ''would you rather play in Europe or the CCC?'' doesn't wash for me, because lets face it Boyd doesn't play in Europe for Rangers

Have you got kids?

No. But I'd like to see how your having kids makes my point about Boyd's financial security at Rangers any less relevant.

It's like this.

option a) Earn more money per week than a lot of people do in a year and do it while playing at the club you claim to support, bringing up your children to see their daddy as a club hero, then retiring with considerable amount of money which you can invest for the future.

option b) view this gift of a career as cynically as possible, trying to earn a bit more money and foregoing all the reasons you became a footballer in the first place, like glory and winning and playing for the club you love.

It would be nearer 350,00 after tax’s and payments to the people around him then his living expenses etc. Ok course it would be but he would need to keep his eye on what he did for the rest of his life. With the money he is on at Boro he will be a multi millionaire very quickly, and i mean cash millionaire.

As i say, once you have kids your priorities change.

If he's going to get 40k p/w at Boro, he would earn around 1.2m p.a. I know this is a huge difference, almost 3 times the amount he would get from us, but I personally wouldn't give up CL, support he got from the fans and the OF games for the sake of earning more money when already earning more than the vast majority of people in the country.

Listen gents. For the record i do see where you guys are coming from when it comes to footballing ambition. But i think a lot of the negative comments are more to do with Strapon and the amount of ex child rapists that are there.

Don’t forget Boro were in the UEFA cup final not so long ago and have been in the FA cup final and been knocking on the door of a top 4 finish in the past (in the EPL)

They are a bog club, no wher near the size of us but please don’t doubt the passion of the Boro fans, they believe they are an EPL club, wither they will get back there with Srapon remains to be seen.

But as i say, it’s a purely financial thing for him, he is 27 so he only has 3 or 4 years left at the top. he has lived the dream and played for his idols and remember HE knock back Brum to play for us. He’s getting a hard time on here and IMO it’s purely down to the Celtic connection that Boro have now. it does get on my goat a bit too but that’s life and i would have done it too in his position

Glad we're rid of that fat waster now. Didn't look interesting for the last few months of the season, and to replace European football and winning trophies for playing in a team under than ginger rhat is just retarded. Glad we've got him to fuck now!

Lovely.

I'd be a lot less harsh about it if he hadn't dragged it out so long and been such a bitch about the whole affair. And also if he'd actually kicked a ball in 2010. These things make think his reasons are entirely cynical.

Have you got kids?

No. But I'd like to see how your having kids makes my point about Boyd's financial security at Rangers any less relevant.

It's like this.

option a) Earn more money per week than a lot of people do in a year and do it while playing at the club you claim to support, bringing up your children to see their daddy as a club hero, then retiring with considerable amount of money which you can invest for the future.

option b) view this gift of a career as cynically as possible, trying to earn a bit more money and foregoing all the reasons you became a footballer in the first place, like glory and winning and playing for the club you love.

I’ve answered this.

he’s doing the right thing by financially securing his kids and grand kids future

Also, if he's got a hefty signing on fee, that would come into consideration as well. Maybe he's got some debts to pay? ;)

he owes walkers crisps 40k! a pallet of monster munch a week doesn't come cheap. If it was all about the money he would have chosen Turkey, but i think he knows he couldn't hack it in that environment. He loves scoring lots goals and he can do that in the championship.

What the fringin hell are we going to talk about in the bearsden from now on? boyd was about 85% of the threads :lol:

I'd be a lot less harsh about it if he hadn't dragged it out so long and been such a bitch about the whole affair. And also if he'd actually kicked a ball in 2010. These things make think his reasons are entirely cynical.

The same as Brian Laudrup did (tu)

But as i say, it’s a purely financial thing for him, he is 27 so he only has 3 or 4 years left at the top.

Super Ally played for us until he was nearly 37, back when we actually had a cracking team. Boyd's game is very similar. He can get old and he can get slower and fatter but he'll still be able to put the ball in the net when it comes into the box.

I wouldnt have been too bothered if he left us for a club with a bit of ambition who were in the top flight, but fucking middlesbrough? Absolutely gobsmacked.

How do you know what Boro’s ambition is............give us an example please

At least Laudrup genuinely did seek out a new challenge after the end of an era at Rangers, and moved to a club who had just won a European trophy. Not to mention Walter's announcement that he was leaving impacted on the entire squad's performance. This time around the upheaval at Rangers has caused most of the team to rally round and fight. Boyd didn't even celebrate when his team won the league.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed. And baffled.

At least Laudrup genuinely did seek out a new challenge after the end of an era at Rangers, and moved to a club who had just won a European trophy. Not to mention Walter's announcement that he was leaving impacted on the entire squad's performance. This time around the upheaval at Rangers has caused most of the team to rally round and fight. Boyd didn't even celebrate when his team won the league.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed. And baffled.

I’m dissapointed but totally understand why he done it

I wouldnt have been too bothered if he left us for a club with a bit of ambition who were in the top flight, but fucking middlesbrough? Absolutely gobsmacked.

Their 5 year plan will be to get promoted, fight for survival in the prermiership and hopefully, one day, reach the dizzying heights of mid-table.

At the end of the day, he doesn't owe us anything. Signed him for very little, paid him very little and he scored a crazy number of goals.

I just wish he'd shown a bit more ambition than Boro. However, perhaps he had no other options given his glaring limitations as a player.

Their 5 year plan will be to get promoted, fight for survival in the prermiership and hopefully, one day, reach the dizzying heights of mid-table.

Ok, well two of my best mate i knock around with are Boro fans and they expect to go up and stay up this season then challenge for European spots there after as well as challenging for the League and FA cup, this is the feeling right through the Boro fan base.

He was offered 18k a week at Rangers on a four year deal, now, have I been asleep to long or has that suddenly become a bad weekly wage ?. He's a fanny and deserves to rot down there.

He was offered 18k a week at Rangers on a four year deal, now, have I been asleep to long or has that suddenly become a bad weekly wage ?. He's a fanny and deserves to rot down there.

It is when you can get double or three times the amount elsewhere along with a multi million pound signing on fee.