Kris Boyd officially signs for Middlesbrough

Kris Boyd has turned down a staggering £4million over two years after rejecting Shota Arveladze’s invitation to join him in Turkey.

The Kayserispor manager finally admitted defeat yesterday in his bid to sign the Rangers striker on a big-money Bosman deal that would have secured the Ayrshireman’s financial future overnight.

Former Ibrox player Arveladze offered Boyd in excess of £50,000 per week but was left frustrated when his determined five week pursuit couldn’t even persuade the Scot to fly out for talks.

Rangers fans will now hope Boyd could yet change his mind over a new deal at Ibrox but a move to England seems more likely, with Middlesbrough and Blackburn both linked with the 26-year-old.

Arveladze revealed his disappointment to Sportsmail yesterday that the SPL’s record goalscorer wouldn’t even take up his offer of a private-jet trip to visit the Super Lig club.

‘It is 95-per-cent certain now that Kris won’t be coming and, of course, I am disappointed because I wanted him in my team,’ said Arveladze.

‘He didn’t even want to come out here and see the place. I don’t know why. I don’t know if it is because he wants to stay in Britain or if there’s now a chance he’ll remain at Rangers.

‘I’ve lived all over Europe and this is a lovely place. I’ve lived in Tbilisi, Amsterdam and Glasgow. There is nothing wrong with Kayseri and it’s a great shame he didn’t come out here to have a look.

‘I made him my best offer and spoke personally to Kris a couple of times. I also met his agent, Mark Donaghy. But Mark has now told me it won’t happen and I am just waiting for formal rejection of our offer.

‘I’d already started looking for other strikers because this was taking so long. It is not easy to find one but I have to try for Kayserispor.

'We’ve started pre-season training. It’s a pity Boyd didn’t tell me his intentions a bit earlier. I thought he would score goals and, with a 30,000 all-seater new ground, this would have been a great place to play with a big financial incentive, too.’

It’s understood that Boyd’s partner — the couple have two young children — was less than thrilled with the Turkish option.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1291648/Rangers-striker-Kris-Boyd-turns-whopping-4m-contract-Shota-Arveladze-s-Kayserispor.html#ixzz0sbDCDxZd

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really bored of Kris Boyd. I really wish he would hurry up and find another club, I really don't want him to do a U-turn. I was a Boyd fan when he was here, well to be honest I was a fan of his goals. His attitude was always questionable as was his work ethic and fitness overall. He did a job though, for him to claim he has achieved everything he can at Rangers is laughable though. He may have won all the trophies he is realistically going to get his hands on, there was a lot more that he could have achieved though.

I am really bored of Kris Boyd. I really wish he would hurry up and find another club, I really don't want him to do a U-turn. I was a Boyd fan when he was here, well to be honest I was a fan of his goals. His attitude was always questionable as was his work ethic and fitness overall. He did a job though, for him to claim he has achieved everything he can at Rangers is laughable though. He may have won all the trophies he is realistically going to get his hands on, there was a lot more that he could have achieved though.

(tu)

(tu)

KEVIN GALLACHER believes Kris Boyd could be the man to finally make Blackburn fans forget all about Alan Shearer.

Rovers are in pole position to sign the Rangers striker after boss Sam Allardyce held talks with Boyd's agent.

Big Sam is also monitoring Lyon's Frederic Piquionne and Stoke's James Beattie but knows free agent Boyd could be a steal.

Former Scotland star Gallacher is still a hero of the Rovers fans after a six-year spell at the club which included their 1995 title success when Shearer was at his peak.

Gallo, 43, is convinced Boyd could emulate icon Shearer.

He said: "People will be making comparisons between Boydy and Shearer because they have similar scoring records, albeit Kris has played at a lower level in the SPL.

"Shearer is and always will be the shining light at Blackburn and if Boydy signs and starts banging in goals, then the comparisons will be inevitable.

"If he doesn't score goals, he'll be compared to some of the striking flops at Blackburn.

"I think he would do well - if Blackburn play to his strengths.

"Boydy's scoring prowess is exactly what Blackburn need. He's scored goals for fun at Rangers but I'm not sure if Blackburn's style of play would suit him.

"He would be a different option for Sam. Last season, Blackburn tended to play with just one striker to hold the ball up.

"We all know Boydy's not that type of player. He's a penalty-box striker who wants to be in and around the area all the time.

"Maybe Sam wants to change the system and add something different to the squad. He would definitely get that in Boydy."

Middlesbrough and Turks Kayserispor remain in the hunt for Boyd but Gallacher feels the lure of England's top flight could prove too strong. He said: "The Premier League is the place to be for any footballer. It's where you get noticed and if you do well, you will get a move.

"If Boydy came to Blackburn and scored goals, top clubs would be chapping at his door. It could be a stepping stone.

"All the top teams are out there looking for proven strikers.

"They don't come along too often but Boydy has carved out a good reputation over the years and I'm not surprised at the interest in him."

Gallacher also feels Blackburn would be the ideal club for Boyd.

He said: "Blackburn are family-orientated. It's not a massive club, but it's not a goldfish bowl like Glasgow and I think he'd enjoy it.

"The fans are all from a working-class background and expect hard-working players. I'm sure they would take to Boydy."

Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz0sc4MdQO3

:lol: Boyd and Shearer.

Surely he could have told Arveladze long before this that he didn't want to sign for Kayserispor instead of making him wait when everyone knew he wouldn't move to Turkey?

The sooner Kris Boyd finds a club the better!