Kris Boyd officially signs for Middlesbrough

Hold on a second guys. Some people have very short memories . Boydy has been a fantastic player for The Rangers considering what the club paid for his goal scoring powers.

IF Boydy has knocked back a substancial sum of money to play elsewhere then I for one would welcome him back in the new season with open arms.

You can't buy loyalty like that :clap:

The guy is Rangers through and through and scores more than his share of goals.

IF he could just start hitting the net against the stronger opposition he will be a Rangers legend within the next couple of seasons. (tu)

It's up to Boydy himself now. He has to ask himself how badly does he want to be a Rangers player and more importantly a Rangers legend?

IF he returns in the new season desperate to become the player I always hoped he could become then come on Kriss Boyd. :clap::21: Show us what you can do big guy. (tu)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats so funny? Boydy couldn't have done any worse than any of the much hyped English forwards in particular £25.5 MILLION Manunre signing Roooooooooney ;) at this years WC if he has a similar amount of playing time to the English wanker - surely ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you in the wrong thread McFly :lol:

Your post talks like he's still a Rangers player,you really made me laugh and i thank you for that.

Glad I made you smile Bombaybadguy :wink: but if Boyd has gone to Middlesfuckingnobodyburgh over the famous Glasgow Rangers then he can gtf to be honest. (td)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this news finally confirms it, we need a new striker because going into a season with a decent kenny miller, a shit kyle lafferty and still to impress us Naismith isn't enough.

It would be good if we could find someone dumb to buy lafferty so we could have some decent funds for a new striker.

Hold on a second guys. Some people have very short memories . Boydy has been a fantastic player for The Rangers considering what the club paid for his goal scoring powers.

IF Boydy has knocked back a substancial sum of money to play elsewhere then I for one would welcome him back in the new season with open arms.

You can't buy loyalty like that :clap:

The guy is Rangers through and through and scores more than his share of goals.

IF he could just start hitting the net against the stronger opposition he will be a Rangers legend within the next couple of seasons. (tu)

It's up to Boydy himself now. He has to ask himself how badly does he want to be a Rangers player and more importantly a Rangers legend?

IF he returns in the new season desperate to become the player I always hoped he could become then come on Kriss Boyd. :clap::21: Show us what you can do big guy. (tu)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats so funny? Boydy couldn't have done any worse than any of the much hyped English forwards in particular £25.5 MILLION Manunre signing Roooooooooney ;) at this years WC if he has a similar amount of playing time to the English wanker - surely ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you in the wrong thread McFly :lol:

Your post talks like he's still a Rangers player,you really made me laugh and i thank you for that.

Glad I made you smile Bombaybadguy :wink: but if Boyd has gone to Middlesfuckingnobodyburgh over the famous Glasgow Rangers then he can gtf to be honest. (td)

(tu) Exactly

Kris Boyd is an embarrassment to humanity if he goes to play for M'Boro.

What a fucking waste of skin he is. A Rangers Supporter? Like fuck he is. That is a step up Kris? Now, fuck off.

Good luck to Boyd wherever he goes, i loved the guy to bits. I sincerely hope he bangs loads in down here, if only to shut the f*ckers up who reckon he could never do it in English football (not just the EPL btw).

I know we all hated Strachan but he knows a good 'un when he sees one (cue all the T*rrier references)

Yeah i have to say Boyd has come out of this looking very silly, he's put the egg on his own face. All the talk of big moves and taking the EPL by storm, and he ends up at Boro :lol:

Be sure to tune in on Champions League nights Kris and wonder how it can all have gone so wrong ;)

Even Charlie Adam has leapfrogged Boyd to the EPL, its a strange choice of club, maybe thats the only one that put an offer on the table?

Its hardly a test bed for honing your skills and upping your game if Adam,Rae,Burke,Dobbie and McCormack(sp) can all stand out, none of whom could cut it at Ibrox.

Newcastle,Stuttgart,Birmingham even Blackburn all supposedly interested, Boro ffs.

Kris Boyd opts for switch to Championship outfit Middlesbrough

Jul 4 2010 Mark Guidi, Sunday Mail

KRIS BOYD last night agreed to join Middlesbrough on a lucrative two-year contract.

MailSport can reveal the prolific striker travelled to the Riverside Stadium late yesterday evening after thrashing out terms during a frantic day of negotiations.

Boyd had several offers to consider from clubs down south and abroad since he decided to quit Rangers on a Bosman six weeks ago but he has now opted to link up with Boro gaffer Gordon Strachan.

The striker said: "I'm delighted to finally have my future sorted out.

"I've had a few offers to consider and it's been a case of talking to my family about the positives and negatives of each one.

"Middlesbrough have always been very appealing. Strachan. has big plans and has made me feel wanted.

"I first met him in January and he impressed me at that meeting.

Everything has just about been agreed and I will go through my medical today or tomorrow. I don't envisage any problems and I'm looking forward to starting my Boro career."

Boyd rejected a megabucks offer of around £2.7million per year from Shota Arveladze's Turkish team Kayserispor.

Other sides including Buraspor, Newcastle, Blackburn, Wolves and Birmingham were also keen on the Scotland striker.

Strachan. now hopes this week to seal the £1.8m signing of Celtic captain Stephen McManus.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sunday-mail/2010/07/04/kris-boyd-opts-for-switch-to-championship-outfit-middlesbrough-86908-22381297/

He rejected terms of $18,000-a-week to remain at Ibrox, citing a preference for a fresh challenge away from Scottish football.

Now he will head for pre-season in the Republic of Ireland and Germany before becoming the central figure in a delighted Strachan's bid for a return to the Premier League for Boro.

While Boyd fancied a leap straight in at the English deep end, a healthy £25,000-a-week was still on offer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1291836/Kris-Boyd-swaps-Glasgow-Teesside-join-Gordon-Strachan-Middlesborough.html#ixzz0shgN4XNU

From another article

I am really bored of Kris Boyd. I really wish he would hurry up and find another club, I really don't want him to do a U-turn. I was a Boyd fan when he was here, well to be honest I was a fan of his goals. His attitude was always questionable as was his work ethic and fitness overall. He did a job though, for him to claim he has achieved everything he can at Rangers is laughable though. He may have won all the trophies he is realistically going to get his hands on, there was a lot more that he could have achieved though.

In a different league where goalscoring chances ara limited Kris Boyd will struggle.

Fitness-Poor

Attitude-Poor

Touch-Abysmal

By not addressing these aspects of his game indicated a lack of ambition on his part.

Goalscoreing ability-superb :rolleyes: