***The Official Champions v Dunfermline Thread***

Muff

Very interesting game here with a few good choices to be made by Walter. How much does he change his team about with D'fermiline being no mugs?

Can we expect to see Ness or Hutton? Lafferty is due a start. Webster should be played if fit. Will Kerkar be signed and available?

Beattie and Jelavic surely will start up front? Foster or Wylde? Alexander in goal?

Should be a fun game.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will see a few changes but I don't expect too see any youngsters start unfortunately. So for that reason I would go;

Alexander

Foster Broadfoot *Webster Papac

Weiss Edu McCulloch Lafferty

Beattie Jelavic

*No doubt that useless shite will be injured!

With away games at shitodrie and swinecastle coming up aswel as Bursaspor, I would prefer the majority of 1st teamers get a rest

Weir, Bougherra, Papac, Whittaker, McCulloch, Davis, Naismith and Miller should be no where near the starting lineup

Dunferlime won't be a push over, but we should be too strong for them, to that end I would like to see something like the following:

:alexander:

:broadfoot: :bougherra: McMillan :papac:

Foster :hutton: :mcculloch: :lafferty:

:beattie: :jelavic:

It is quite amusing that people are now not too bothered mentioning Broadfoot in their starting 11 now after his performance against Man U

Apparently Whittaker is suspended for this match??? :isay:

Personally i would like to see the youth squad featuring heavily in this game.

Guys like Hutton, Little, Wylde et al could do with a run out.

I would happily let this cup go & if we progress .. great.

Mind you, i would expect guys like Jelavic & Beattie to start (especially Beattie), Walter has already said that he needs minutes.

foster :bougherra: :broadfoot: :wylde:

:Naismith:ness :mcculloch: :lafferty:

:jelavic: :beattie:

If we have a comfterable lead, we should see Hutton, McMillan come on.

But I don't think we should under-estimate Dunfermline.

The team I expect.

:whittaker: :bougherra: :webster: :broadfoot:

:Naismith: :edu: :hutton: :lafferty:

:beattie: :jelavic:

Well Alexander is defo starting!

NEIL ALEXANDER and Andy Webster are poised to make their first appearances of the season tomorrow night when Rangers begin the defence of the Co-operative Insurance Cup.

Rangers take on Dunfermline at Ibrox and like last season Walter Smith has decided that Alexander will be in position for as long as Rangers remain in the tournament.

He is also ready to give Webster his first outing in the new campaign now that the centre back has recovered from a sciatic nerve problem - although it may be a late decision.

Smith will also make another couple of changes - but there will not be a major overhaul.

He told rangers.co.uk: "We will play Neil Alexander again in the League Cup games this season. I think it's important the he has the opportunity to come in and play - injury aside - because you have to make sure that your second goalkeeper gets the necessary match practice.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100920/neil-gets-the-gloves_2254024_2159606

Would have hoped to have a couple of youngsters in the team but I doubt it. Beattie and Jelavic need to play really, Davie Weir needs not to play and I don't think we need both McCulloch and Edu in the middle. Definately a game for players to build confidence in, of course Dunfermline won't be any easier than a bottom six SPL side, but its still a match we should be looking to win with some style.