Boxing and MMA

Nelson is an idiot who is toeing the party line for sky & matchroom

i used to like him but he's saying what needs to be said to keep his job.

eddie Hearn and matchroom are really pissing me off with their arrogance . Cherry picking fights and giving guys world title fights who don't deserve one. The amount of bums the fighters in the stable fight is a joke.

look at Brook, welterweight champ of the world for over a yr and hasn't fought a top 10 opponent 

dont get me stated on Gallagher! 

Hope frampton smashes quigg to see the look of Hearn & gallaghers face

1 hour ago, Gillete said:

Nelson is an idiot who is toeing the party line for sky & matchroom

i used to like him but he's saying what needs to be said to keep his job.

eddie Hearn and matchroom are really pissing me off with their arrogance . Cherry picking fights and giving guys world title fights who don't deserve one. The amount of bums the fighters in the stable fight is a joke.

look at Brook, welterweight champ of the world for over a yr and hasn't fought a top 10 opponent 

They all are guilty of this , nobody wants to fuck up the cash cow . The only time they are prepared to take a chance is when they're chasing titles or if they have options on future fights , promotions etc . And if you don't play the game with the big boys it won't be too long till your struggling to get a game at all . No matter how good your boxer is . It's shit but I can't see it ever changing unfortunately .

On 25/02/2016 at 2:17 AM, Vanoli said:

Conor was seriously fucking mad at that steroids comment. Really enjoyed that presser.

Strsightforward win for Conor. Hope he gets Lawler at 200 after this. Can't be arsed with another Aldo situation. I actually think he'd beat Robbie as well. It's Stephen Thompson that would absolutely MURDER him. 

I don't see him beating lawler tbh.  

I still think he is going to struggle against someone at 170.  He has been fighting at 145 the whole time.  a 25lb jump is going to be too much for him.  He might beat Diaz, but I don't see it being easy, and Diaz can probably hurt him bad, or maybe even tap him out if he can get Connor on his back.

It's an interesting fight.

I think if Frampton can avoid getting into a toe to toe war too early in the fight then he should have the advantage , but as I said earlier making the weight could be a big factor .McGuigan has to make sure that Carl boxes to plan and doesn't get too carried away with the support he will have in the arena .

5 hours ago, gogzy said:

Might sneak the wifes CC nd sign up for the free month :lol:

http://bit.ly/1XPPp7n

^^ my picks for the fights.

Can't argue with those picks though Tom breese will starch nakamura early I think.

got a bad feeling the spider will lose though I fuckin hope not.

I had been wondering if all the bravado / accusations / trash talking etc coming from the Quigg camp was genuine confidence or deflection from insecurities with their own man?

I even admitted all along that team Quigg had probably came out on top in the pressers and Sky sports build up shows.

However I'm happy that I now have a conclusive answer to my queries. Since the press conference on Thursday and especially at the weigh in Frampton has looked immense whilst Quigg looked like the reality had just hit him.

Quigg looked absolutely desperate at the weigh in, he was so gaunt, uncomfortable and weight drained that I was genuinely shocked. After all the talk about Frampton having weight issues etc he exploded to life at the weigh in and looked sensational.

I had mentioned on previous pages on here that Frampton had said he had got his weight down weeks ago and was sustaining it rather than cutting at the last minute and that's exactly what's turned out. I remember Frampton at the Chris Avalos weigh in and how pumped and strong he looked and that's exactly how he looked this time around.

Frampton is just cool as ice when the fight nears and shows his experience and why he's a world champion, the bigger the stage the better I believe Frampton will be. Quigg has IMO shown a few cracks and I believe when they are finally in the arena and Joe can't deflect attention from him anymore the pressure and nerves will affect him much more than he has been letting on. He will always have a punchers chance of course but I still see Frampton on points getting the victory.

Just as an add on Frampton for whatever reason is particularly effective around rounds 5/6. Any Frampton inside the distance punters take note.

On 2/25/2016 at 0:44 AM, Fred H Crawford said:

. Look out too for Marco McCullough on the undercard , good wee featherweight from the Lower Shankill , fights for the commonwealth title .

He's slight bookies outsider for the fight but from what I have heard he's one to watch so might have a small bet on Marco to win but dunno that much about him.