Memo to Lee McCulloch

Irwin Sparkes

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maurice Edu was tired - he had to go off. But the subs should have been made earlier, the game was getting away from us, and McCulloch, who was rotten, should have been hooked.

Is that him suspended now?

I hope so.

Maurice Edu was tired - he had to go off. But the subs should have been made earlier, the game was getting away from us, and McCulloch, who was rotten, should have been hooked.

Is that him suspended now?

That's what I thought.

In the Killie game (?), was he not a yellow away from a suspension?

If he is suspended , and we win the games he misses , what are the chances of him staying out of the team . You should earn your place on merit , and IMO he hasn't earned his place whatsoever !

It must be so discouraging for younger players knowing that no matter how well they play , the clugger will start in front of them , no matter how shite he is !

It must be so discouraging for younger players knowing that no matter how well they play , the clugger will start in front of them , no matter how shite he is !

i said this to my mates today after Ness got subbed and McCulloch was still on the park. he just bounches around like fucking bambi

i said this to my mates today after Ness got subbed and McCulloch was still on the park. he just bounches around like fucking bambi

ness looked absolutely fuming when he got subbed , and rightly so . A great performance , great battling , a bloody lip for his troubles and showed more talent than mcculoch has in his entire career .

Yet a useless excuse for a footballer who had gone hiding after his party piece of getting a stupid booking lasted the whole game .

IMO shows everything that's wrong with our team at the moment .

It's shocking that the guy never gets subbed, no matter how badly he plays, and lets be honest, he plays pretty badly. I didn't see the game today as I was working, but from most of the comments on RM, he was dreadful, whereas Ness and Edu(to a lesser extent) played well. Unfortunately, this will not change, so we may have to put up with it till the end of the season. But you have to ask...why?????

ness looked absolutely fuming when he got subbed , and rightly so . A great performance , great battling , a bloody lip for his troubles and showed more talent than mcculoch has in his entire career .

Yet a useless excuse for a footballer who had gone hiding after his party piece of getting a stupid booking lasted the whole game .

IMO shows everything that's wrong with our team at the moment .

Cannot disagree with you mate (tu)

it will be the 10iar and 07/08 all over again. Smiths inability to drop his favourites when they are rotten

Slower than a week in the jail, has to take 2 or 3 touches to steady himself to play a pass, never a midfielder in a million years but it's not his fault he's playing there! Why not give him a shot upfront where he belongs?????

Heres my tuppence worth for what its worth..... :-)

Big Lee does us a turn in there - IMO one of the reasons we dominated the play so much today was down to him protecting the back 4. That gave Edu, Ness, Davis and Naismith the license to join big Laff. In the first half it was simply our best performance since god knows when. If one of those early efforts hits the net we would have needed McCulloch on the park to help us defend it.

For me this is why he is in the team:

1 - Experience (oozes experience, hence the sometimes embarrassing (but genius) diving, also his ability to make intelligent fouls for the good of the team)

2 - Rangers man (Never ever hides, body is always on the line, RFC comes first- Big Lee second)

3 - Wins EVERYTHING from opposition GK kicks (This allows Davie Weir to sit a bit deeper as there is no chance of Big Davie getting back in if the opposition win the first ball)

4 - Boogie (Big Lee covers Boogie when he pushes on, filling in at Centre Half (Think of the tackle against the fenians)

5 - Defending corners (check the amount of times he wins the header at corners)

In saying all this - I dont think he should be first pick in there every week although i think there is a space for him in some games. Todays game at Tynecastle was on of them.

Dont slate one of our own - Its not his fault he has the limited ability he has. You can only piss with the c**k youve got! He has been lucky enough to pull on the shirt and for me he shows how much he loves the club EVERYTIME he pulls on the jersey. He will be standing shoulder to shoulder with us supporting Rangers when he hangs up his boots.

And do you know what the worst thing is? Come the next match if a midfielder is going to be dropped for a striker then we all know it will be Ness.

Which is utterly wrong considering how much better he is as a football than McCulloch or Edu.