Charles Green: I’ll walk away if Rangers fans' songs don’t change

Faircity

Why is it in threads like this Flower of Scotland is always raised? Just fucking stop it. I don't care how shit the song is....its a ridiculous analogy to compare sending an invading army home to any of the songs needed weeded out amongst the Rangers fans.

It's fucking plainly anti-English.

It's fucking plainly anti-English.

Is it fuck.

I'm English and that's laughable stuff, it celebrates a victory won, no other country doesn't celbrate wars and battles won ffs

This is the last I'm going to say on the subject as its tedious and will take an important issue widely off track.

Thats the thing about it they genuinely don't exist anywhere other than online. Either thats just a bizarre coincidence or they're all shitebags!

Do you not think there's a chance that some people just don't fancy confronting a bunch of rowdy drunk folk on a bus but still think what they say on the internet where they won't get beat up for saying it?

Personally I think it's fine for them to sing it on buses or in pubs if they want, just not at games.

Seeing as the song has already been approved in every way possible I'm assuming it doesn't.

Derry's Walls and Flower of Scotland are pretty much directly comparable. Both break those Focus rules posted yet both seem to be widely accepted. Guess it's not as clear-cut or obvious which songs are okay and which aren't.

Do you not think there's a chance that some people just don't fancy confronting a bunch of rowdy drunk folk on a bus but still think what they say on the internet where they won't get beat up for saying it?

Personally I think it's fine for them to sing it on buses or in pubs if they want, just not at games.

Yeah so shitebags then - like I stated originally.

I Dont think the songs should be sung at games but The day an msp walked into parliament wearing a taig top the game was up. Someone sings FTP and they can get the jail and banned but in England they can burn an effigy of the pope and its celebrated.

I don't see the problem there has no sectarian singing at Ibrox for years now....i don't see why some people on here are going nuts?

Think it's mostly about the Billy Boys at the Berwick game.

As has been pointed out, that isn't actually a sectarian song but it seems to be seen as one.

As has been pointed out, that isn't actually a sectarian song but it seems to be seen as one.

Can it not be clarified by a legal expert who knows the new laws, so this argument can be ended once and for all?

I know that mate what i ment was, i don't get why people are going nuts because Green wants these songs stopped?

Where are these same people at Ibrox? Because i haven't heard any sectarian songs sung at ibrox for years.

Even at the majority of away games this season there has been no sectarian singing apart from Berwick.

Is it fuck.

I'm English and that's laughable stuff, it celebrates a victory won, no other country doesn't celbrate wars and battles won ffs

This is the last I'm going to say on the subject as its tedious and will take an important issue widely off track.

That's my main problem with all of this, it's all laughable (tu)

Songs are songs ffs, if Scotland fans can sing flower of Scotland, and I have sang it numerous times, then how's that different to singing a song celebrating the battle of the boyne?

I am fucking sick of people arguing over songs, being offended does not mean you can say the person who has offended you has broken the law.

It is indeed tedious (tu)

Which point does it not address? What do you want me to change? TBB is banned, anyone singing it faces arrest. What do you propose I do about that?

The subject matter has moved on, no-one's debating TBB any nore. I'm asking about "offensive, inappropriate & irrelevant" songs, like Build My Gallows or songs about paedophiles, as Andrew Dickson puts it. Are they to be banned? Is anyone heard/seen singing them inside Ibrox to be pointed out also? Or for clarity, should we all just ask a policeman?

Welcome to Rangers 2013!

Perhaps you'd be better signing off "Welcome to Scotland 2013".

Go up to a policemen (inside or outside Ibrox) and sign the songs you believe you should be allowed to sing. The ones he doesn't arrest you for, you can keep singing. :rolleyes:

If you don't want to do that, get involved in a political campaign to change the law, or even to lobby for a list of acceptable (or banned) songs. Without one or both, I'd suggest putting Rangers first and not singing anything that will get the Club into trouble/fined/banned.

Yes, I agree, life's not fair.

Charles Green playing his dangerous game. If Peter Lawwell has given him a phonecall offering a friendly handshake he should just be up front with it, rather than over-compensating by attacking his own fans.

I'm not the most religious man in the world and gave up going to church many moons ago, although sometimes I wish I hadn't.

However I have to say that the abuse aimed at Protestants by some beggars belief, as Protestants our very origin was to oppose and be seperate from the Catholic Church and to protest against it.

Now more than ever being a Protestant is more relevant as the Catholic Church is exposed on an almost daily basis, with a cardinal admitting to sexual indecency yet nothing is done, a pope on a farewell tour but allegedly heavily involved in the cover up if systematic abuse.

It is said it is wrong to sing about it at football matches, it is offensive and not on. To an extent I agree but cannot help but feel there is at best overall hypocrisy on how our country and the UK in general is run.

Anti-British and terrorist supporting rally's are allowed on a regular basis(not just the singing from them)and it is allowed because we would be breaching their rights of freedom of speech and their human rights. Again I am not saying football is the place for it but it should not be a criminal offence to be a Protestant and oppose the Catholic Church.

Charles Green playing his dangerous game. If Peter Lawwell has given him a phonecall offering a friendly handshake he should just be up front with it, rather than over-compensating by attacking his own fans.

proof? Ffs

Fuck off then!

Rangers fans have sang these songs for years & years, why should we stop now ? Especially when the scum sing about the ira every single game?!

And our songs only offend fenian bastards, which we hate, so why the fuck should we stop for them ?

Fucking pissing me off big time recently Charles!

And it's fucking IBROX! Not pishy sports direct!