Charles Green: I’ll walk away if Rangers fans' songs don’t change

Faircity

Perhaps because they encourage sectarianism? I mean if you had a racism problem in society would you allow schools that kept the races appart?

I will say that separate schools seems only to be an issue in the West of Scotland.

There are many faith schools in England but this discussion is never (or very rarely) discussed.

However, this is for the Debate Chamber, not Bears Den .. IMO !!

Perhaps because they encourage sectarianism? I mean if you had a racism problem in society would you allow schools that kept the races appart?

I wouldn't try to force my beliefs on people who wanted to send their children to private race exclusive schools or any other type of school.

Charlie needs to clarify in an official club release acceptable versions of acceptable songs. This has been needed for years. Time to step up Charlie.

No one really will care if we drop fuck the pope and fenian bastards if we get to keep the tunes we all love with different lyrics.

Get it sorted Charlie.

My two favourite songs are Build my gallows and Fathers Advice but I think we are fucked looking at this:

taken from foCUS website:

Q. What songs are illegal?

A. Due to the constantly evolving nature of football songs it is not possible to list ‘legal’ and ‘illegal’ songs. However, the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012 provides for the offence of ‘offensive behaviour at football’ which can include songs and chants.

The Lord Advocate’s has issued guidelines in relation to the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012which give examples of the types of behaviour which may be regarded as offensive:

• Songs/lyrics which promote or celebrate violence against another person's religion, culture or heritage
  • Songs/lyrics which are hateful towards another person's religion or religious leaders, race, ethnicity, colour, sexuality, heritage or culture
  • Flags, banners, songs or chants in support of terrorist organisations
  • Flags, banners, songs or chants which glorify, celebrate or mock events involving the loss of life or serious injury.

Anyone previously thinking Green was going to defend fans over this and give the media a twatting ought to have known better.

We do need to get a grip of ourselves on the singing front. Incidents like Berwick will see the club harmed and its just not on but we should do so through debate and education.

Green can go and fuck himself as far as I'm concerned.

Motormouth has been on the scene 5 minutes and thinks he can pontificate over a support who've been villified from pillar to post whether fairly or not and certainly with no degree of parity.

This is why I'm still really upset the support didn't buy the club.

We were always going to leave ourselves seriously exposed on this issue.

My two favourite songs are Build my gallows and Fathers Advice but I think we are fucked looking at this:

taken from foCUS website:

Q. What songs are illegal?

A. Due to the constantly evolving nature of football songs it is not possible to list ‘legal’ and ‘illegal’ songs. However, the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012provides for the offence of ‘offensive behaviour at football’ which can include songs and chants.

The Lord Advocate’s has issued guidelines in relation to the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012which give examples of the types of behaviour which may be regarded as offensive:

• Songs/lyrics which promote or celebrate violence against another person's religion, culture or heritage
  • Songs/lyrics which are hateful towards another person's religion or religious leaders, race, ethnicity, colour, sexuality, heritage or culture
  • Flags, banners, songs or chants in support of terrorist organisations
  • Flags, banners, songs or chants which glorify, celebrate or mock events involving the loss of life or serious injury.

Flower of Scotland will have to be cut pretty sharpish! :pipe:

Charles Green is an utter :wanker: im sick of listening to him threaten to walk out unlike his manager who said we don't do walking away the contrast is night and day he seems ready to fuck off at any given time you have your money Charles you can go when you want.

On the the singing of songs topic there was a commentator on setanta i think it was the exact same day as Stubbs was on ESPN and his views on the songs and atmosphere where totally different from his colleagues infact his comments where the atmosphere from the fans was amazing.

Some of the song lyrics have no place, If you sang them outside in the street, you would be jailed. It is never o.k to do it Inside a Stadium.

If your caught signing them, you will be banned for life, Jailed and will probably lose your Job.

Charles Green has said, some of the lyrics are unnacceptable, and he is right.

It's a no brainer ... If you love the Club, you'll stop Singing them, if you don't ... then you might aswell not attend, because you will bring shame on the rest of us.

Charles Green is an utter :wanker: im sick of listening to him threaten to walk out unlike his manager who said we don't do walking away he seems ready to fuck off at any given time you have your money Charles you can go when you want. On the the singing of songs topic there was a commentator on setanta i think it was the exact same day as Stubbs was on ESPN and his views on the songs and atmosphere where totally different from his colleagues at ESPN.

You are pathetic! Grow up!

Charles Green is an utter :wanker: im sick of listening to him threaten to walk out unlike his manager who said we don't do walking away he seems ready to fuck off at any given time you have your money Charles you can go when you want. On the the singing of songs topic there was a commentator on setanta i think it was the exact same day as Stubbs was on ESPN and his views on the songs and atmosphere where totally different from his colleagues at ESPN.

do you know exactly what green said?

Why is it in threads like this Flower of Scotland is always raised? Just fucking stop it. I don't care how shit the song is....its a ridiculous analogy to compare sending an invading army home to any of the songs needed weeded out amongst the Rangers fans.

Why is it in threads like this Flower of Scotland is always raised? Just fucking stop it. I don't care how shit the song is....its a ridiculous analogy to compare sending an invading army home to any of the songs needed weeded out amongst the Rangers fans.

depends if Derry's Walls is being included

Our support has changed for the worse. I'm disgusted at some of the comments, people are greeting about Ibrox name change and losing traditions and things that made this club unique from any other. Now we've got clowns telling us it's time to leave songs we've sung for generations in the past. Thank fuck none of you bottlers and wankers drink in the pubs or go on the supporters buses. Seems you're only confined to the internet. Keep you there.

Thats the thing about it they genuinely don't exist anywhere other than online. Either thats just a bizarre coincidence or they're all shitebags!