Charles Green: I’ll walk away if Rangers fans' songs don’t change

Faircity

The songs are part of our tradition perhaps it's not one you approve of but it is there

Tradition is no reason to do something, it just means it has previously been done for a long time.

The human race has moved on from traditions countless times; if not we would still be living in caves.

Some of that is laudable but none of it addresses the point - the day after you do all these things, if you sing TBB you are still liable to arrest. How are you going to change that?

Which point does it not address? What do you want me to change? TBB is banned, anyone singing it faces arrest. What do you propose I do about that?

The subject matter has moved on, no-one's debating TBB any nore. I'm asking about "offensive, inappropriate & irrelevant" songs, like Build My Gallows or songs about paedophiles, as Andrew Dickson puts it. Are they to be banned? Is anyone heard/seen singing them inside Ibrox to be pointed out also? Or for clarity, should we all just ask a policeman?

Welcome to Rangers 2013!

Tradition is no reason to do something, it just means it has previously been done for a long time.

The human race has moved on from traditions countless times; if not we would still be living in caves.

It would seem though septic are to be allowed to keep their traditions where as we are not

CG may use hyperbole to make his point but his point stands nonetheless.

If you place the singing of a song above the good name & reputation of the club you profess to love, then you do not love that club ... fairly simple to me.

CG may use hyperbole to make his point but his point stands nonetheless.

If you place the singing of a song above the good name & reputation of the club you profess to love, then you do not love that club ... fairly simple to me.

What if you are only worried about having a good name with people who will always hate us?

No one is doubting that but it's time to move on Thermo.

And will we also be moving on from having a sectarian education system in the country ... can't help feeling that may have something to do with having sectarian footballing rivalry don't you think?

And will we also be moving on from having a sectarian education system in the country ... can't help feeling that may have something to do with having sectarian footballing rivalry don't you think?

We don't have to base everything we do around Celtic or catholics you know.

Thermo, there is no defence for signing songs that will destroy the name & image of the club.

Does it irk me that Celtic and the rest can sing songs which draw little criticism, of course but there is nothing I can do to change that except to draw attention to it, however, when people can say (just as I'm doing about them) "what about .." it's a difficult thing to argue against.

Sometimes, you need to look inward to solve a problem then look to the rest of the worl to fix that later.

I just want even handedness and fairness ... is that not what you want?

I want Rangers fans to stop singing songs that will cause harm to the club, couldn't give a shit what Celtic do.

Re: catholic schools, I think it's a disgrace that tax money goes to them but have no reason to want the private ones to be banned.

Whilst I agree that's another debate entirely and one football fans have no control over.

There's always other investors, now we are free of accusations the club is a sellable concern, owners come and go eventually but the support will be there forever

There certainly was not when we were on deaths door, when we needed them. Do you think now because we don't have any clouds over Ibrox that we can treat these new owners, who did step up, with contempt and someone else will simply take their place? How much do you think Green and co would want to sell? Probably more than anyone would be willing to invest in a Scottish club.

I want Rangers fans to stop singing songs that will cause harm to the club, couldn't give a shit what Celtic do.

Re: catholic schools, I think it's a disgrace that tax money goes to them but have no reason to want the private ones to be banned.

Perhaps because they encourage sectarianism? I mean if you had a racism problem in society would you allow schools that kept the races appart?

We don't have to base everything we do around Celtic or catholics you know.

Exactly I for one have not thought about them once since we moved away and have loved every minute of it.

Would gladly never have any to do with them again.