As the ‘best stadium wins’ McCoist throws his rubber ducky out the bath

corbyloyal84

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not going to be popular but the bottom line here, and not many will admit it, people are utterly deluded if they think our stadium is miles better than theirs.

The whole Elite stadium thing came down to 1 issue and that was the size of the away team dressing room. Anyone who genuinely thinks our stadium is utterly fantastic and theirs is a shitehole is speaking through tinted glasses.

The fact is that both stadiums have good and bad parts on the exterior. Both have excellent insides and wow factor. Theirs defo has more legroom at their seats. Ours defo has the edge on atmosphere on a full crowd day. Theirs holds more.

Bravado away. For me, forgetting any allegiances, both of them are better than Hampden by a country mile and are 2 of the most loved and feared stadiums to visit by European teams on a euro night. (tu)

Torbett towers will be half empty for the final which will only add to the embarassment that it is.

I expect old slit eyes and his 2 knob polishers dungcaster and rhegan to be begging the tv company to get creative with their camera angles to hide the shitey empty green seats, and ramp the volume on the microphones up to make it sound like a sell out.

Andy muirhead is a fat bigoted waster.

I take great pride in never having set foot in the dump which is the giro dome so I can only comment on the outside. Whoever built that entrance was doing it on the cheap with a poor architect and dodgy bricks. Probably built by the descendants of the people who built the Titanic so well, who knows.

We have actually made a noise on many occasions about making Ibrox as big as that place but who wants a big heap that's always half empty.

Funny how the League Cup Final will be on BBC, yet the Rangers game that weekend will be on Sky Sports or BT Sport....how does that make it impossible for the tv company to de rig when it's not even the same equipment being used?

I know it's not going to be popular but the bottom line here, and not many will admit it, people are utterly deluded if they think our stadium is miles better than theirs.

The whole Elite stadium thing came down to 1 issue and that was the size of the away team dressing room. Anyone who genuinely thinks our stadium is utterly fantastic and theirs is a shitehole is speaking through tinted glasses.

The fact is that both stadiums have good and bad parts on the exterior. Both have excellent insides and wow factor. Theirs defo has more legroom at their seats. Ours defo has the edge on atmosphere on a full crowd day. Theirs holds more.

Bravado away. For me, forgetting any allegiances, both of them are better than Hampden by a country mile and are 2 of the most loved and feared stadiums to visit by European teams on a euro night. (tu)

I think you feel very far away from the pitch at parkhead and it looks a bit odd because the main stand is the smallest one. Apart from they minors the stadiums are both great places to watch football in.

I think Ibrox wins though purely on exterior! Our main stand is something of beauty!

Cost something like £12m to build the WHOLE thing and was originally designed to last 20 years. Looks ok from tv but anyone that's been there can confirm is an utter shitehole. Lucky if the corridor for pie stands is 5m wide. Ski slopes form stands to almost dangerous level and behind the stand across from the main stand the turnstiles are fucking tiny and the passage way stinks of pish.

So aye, fucking great place...

Cost something like £12m to build the WHOLE thing and was originally designed to last 20 years. Looks ok from tv but anyone that's been there can confirm is an utter shitehole. Lucky if the corridor for pie stands is 5m wide. Ski slopes form stands to almost dangerous level and behind the stand across from the main stand the turnstiles are fucking tiny and the passage way stinks of pish.

So aye, fucking great place...

Agreed it is shithole, breeze block city with rusty scaffold poles holding it up

Well the Scottish media will now be going into full pelt about how Rangers are a petty wee jelous club if things do't go their way. I find it quite amazing that everytime anyone from Rangers says anything, the whole power of the media comes down on them, no doubt getting their instructions direct from septic and liewell.

Lawman: On the question of leg room I have to tell you I was in the new stand where the 'jungle' used to be, opposite the main stand watching us beat the Pars in a league cup semi. Normally, the seat in front comes up to just below your knee. In this new stand, they seat in front is level with your shins, just above your foot. I think we scored 5 goals that day and I moved after the first celebration as I nearly fell forward and down the slope which is very steep due to them not being able to knock the houses down and build a decent and safe stand.

Our stadium is on par with Hampden, ie; a five star stadium, In fact it was a five star stadium before the dump the sfa built. Now celtic park is a 4 star stadium, funny how none of the press asked Peter or the sfa that question? Lawell is a prick and should be removed from the sfa.