Charlie Telfer Signs for Dundee United

OzGers

Anyone have an update on this?

I assume this may be protracted if there is compensation to be agreed, but is it possible he could do a u-turn?

I found it highly strange that he played in a meaningless friendly against Rob Roy after the season had ended - why play him if he is going to be at another club in a few weeks???

Well team mates were saying goodbye to him on twitter

Yeh saw this and assumed the worst.

Although it's not been mentioned by him, the club etc and I find it odd we would play him in a friendly AFTER this point if he had already told the club he was off...equally, surprised he would have agreed to play for fear of injury

Yeh saw this and assumed the worst.

Although it's not been mentioned by him, the club etc and I find it odd we would play him in a friendly AFTER this point if he had already told the club he was off...equally, surprised he would have agreed to play for fear of injury

Contracts normally run until 30th of June

Rangers will decide what he does and doesn't do until then

If CT does leave I don't think it would be through choice because as far as I know Charlie is a ST holder who is as much a Rangers fan as you or I, OzGers, so why would he want to leave?

If on the other hand he hasn't been offered a new contract, then that is a different story.

He wouldn't be the first young kid at Ibrox to be hailed as one for the future, then let go 1-2 years later being shown the door as surplus to requirements. Kamil Wiktorski being a prime example.

According to a Dundee paper we have knocked back a 50k offer from dhivs but they are confident he's desperate to join them.

so it's not a done deal?? Where are utd getting this money from? Can't think the last time they spent any money to get a player

If CT does leave I don't think it would be through choice because as far as I know Charlie is a ST holder who is as much a Rangers fan as you or I, OzGers, so why would he want to leave?

If on the other hand he hasn't been offered a new contract, then that is a different story.

He wouldn't be the first young kid at Ibrox to be hailed as one for the future, then let go 1-2 years later being shown the door as surplus to requirements. Kamil Wiktorski being a prime example.

He's maybe just wanting first team action. Can't blame him either tbh.

He's maybe just wanting first team action. Can't blame him either tbh.

That is a good possibility,mate and perhaps Charlie has figured it out that he is unlikely to get a run in the senior side when the likes of Law, MacLeod,Shiels,Black are ahead of him in the midfield pecking order? I don't know.

I haven't seen the kid play but by all reports he has got a bit of confidence in his ability to do the job, so if he is good enough,Ally should be doing his best to keep the kid at Ibrox.

I'm hoping this is a priority for Ally to get young guys like this tied down on bigger contact, cant face losing him to United and he goes and makes a name for himself there

so it's not a done deal?? Where are utd getting this money from? Can't think the last time they spent any money to get a player

Probably won't cost them anymore than the compensation they payed Queen's Park for Andy Robertson and Aiden Connolly.

It's never done till its done, but if Dundee United are at the stage of offering a fee they must be confident its a done deal.

RANGERS have booted out a £50,000 bid from Dundee United for wonderkid Charlie Telfer.

United boss Jackie McNamara has targeted the 18-year-old midfielder as a top talent for the future.

But an Ibrox spokesman said: “An offer of compensation has been received from Dundee United. It’s been rejected.

“The club wants Charlie to stay, we have made a good offer to him and talks are ongoing.

“At no point has Charlie informed the club that he wants to leave.”

Telfer may yet sign for United. If the clubs still can’t reach an agreement they could be forced into a tribunal to set the fee.