11 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Well done, Andy, but you're out of order to consider boycotting the Australian Open over Margaret Court's personal opinions.

Did you actually see the direct quotes? 

When asked if he would support a potential boycott of the first tennis major of the year, Murray said: “If something was to be done, I think it would be a lot more beneficial to do it before the tournament starts.

“For players to be in a position where you're in a slam and boycotting playing on the court, I think would potentially cause a lot of issues.

So I think if something was going to be happen and the players come to an agreement, if they think the name should be changed or whatever, that should be decided before the event starts.

“But I would imagine a lot of the players would be pretty offended. So we'll see what happens."

Sounds to me like some diplomatic comments about an issue not of his making from the world number one, who is bound to be asked his opinion.

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

its a strange world when the fairly orthodox views of a Christian pastor have people jumping up and down with faux outrage.

She is boycotting an airline because the owner is pro-gay marriage and had a full page letter printed in a paper the other day slagging off Casey Dellacqua for having a child with her wife, whom Court called her "partner" (quotating marks included).

My mum's a vicar. Her bishop is gay. I know of no Christian orthodoxy that requires any Christian to go out of their way to be a cunt to gay people. There is personal opinion and there's publicly humiliating a gay tennis player. If she is pro-boycott, why shouldn't other players stick up for Dellacqua and give her a taste of her own medicine?

Just now, JamieD said:

She is boycotting an airline because the owner is pro-gay marriage and had a full page letter printed in a paper the other day slagging off Casey Dellacqua for having a child with her wife, whom Court called her "partner" (quotating marks included).

My mum's a vicar. Her bishop is gay. I know of no Christian orthodoxy that requires any Christian to go out of their way to be a cunt to gay people.

its a fairly orthodox view though - that marriage should be between man and woman. I mean its not , like , right out there, say like creationism.

32 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

its a fairly orthodox view though - that marriage should be between man and woman. I mean its not , like , right out there, say like creationism.

Yes, and another orthodox view is that it's for God to judge and punish if that's his will. Court is allowed her views. Should she be allowed to hound tennis players through the press because of them too and continue to be honoured by the sport? If so, it's fair enough for her to be hounded in return, surely? 

Just now, JamieD said:

Yes, and another orthodox view is that it's for God to judge and punish if that's his will. Court is allowed her views. Should she be allowed to hound tennis players through the press because of them too and continue to be honoured by the sport? If so, it's fair enough for her to be hounded in return, surely? 

Yes just pick a random one.