***the Official Falkirk Vs Rangers Match Thread***

Wearethepeople72

Friday, 7:45, live on BT Sport.

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully we get the same level of performance we've had for the past two weeks. This game will certainly be no walk in the park but if we play like we did last week, we should get the job done. Providing we take our chances of course.

_____________Robinson_________________

__Faure__Zaliukas__McGregor__Wallace__

_________Hutton__Murdoch______________

_____Vuckic___Clark___Law_____________

_____________Boyd_____________________

No need for any radical changes. Don't think any of the other Newcastle lads will be fit in time for this and I'm assuming Jig is still injured?

2-0 Rangers is my prediction for this. Vuckic and Boyd getting the goals.

Yes, bringing in a youth striker to partner Clark would be a good move. He could always be subbed if he fails to score, or make a goal.

I'm feeling a wee bit more confident now about us winning. I just hope we can avoid losing a goal. 3-0 if we do, 3-1 if we don't. Plastic pitch FFS!

Yes, bringing in a youth striker to partner Clark would be a good move. He could always be subbed if he fails to score, or make a goal.

I'm feeling a wee bit more confident now about us winning. I just hope we can avoid losing a goal. 3-0 if we do, 3-1 if we don't. Plastic pitch FFS!

Creating chances doesnt seem to be our problem at the minute.. its just scoring. We should have won our last game by quite a few!!

Sure, but we'd be better off with someone on the field that will take all them chances that are created. I think it's just better to give someone other than the usual suspects a go, as they might be fresh and not so easily read by the opposition.

Sure, but we'd be better off with someone on the field that will take all them chances that are created. I think it's just better to give someone other than the usual suspects a go, as they might be fresh and not so easily read by the opposition.

I agree completely. Miller/Boyd just dont seem to put them away.. time for a wee change.

I would promote a youth striker for this. Sick of what we have upfront at the minute.. I know Boyd scored, but Id rather we give someone else a chance.

I get what you're saying. None of our strikers have really done the business so far this season. However, the only way we are going to get Boyd scoring the way he was for Kilmarnock last season is to give him a run in the team. He has been severely lacking confidence so far this season but hopefully with the team playing better and creating more chances, he can build on his goal from last week.

I get what you're saying. None of our strikers have really done the business so far this season. However, the only way we are going to get Boyd scoring the way he was for Kilmarnock last season is to give him a run in the team. He has been severely lacking confidence so far this season but hopefully with the team playing better and creating more chances, he can build on his goal from last week.

I get what you are saying, but I prefer a mobile striker. He hasnt been working out and he misses sitters on a regular basis now.. that for me warrants a few games on the bench. Time for a yougster to get a game up front.. who knows, we might be surprised!! :)

Boyd and Clark were our best partnership early doors and it was disrupted, harshly IMO. Boyd needs games to get sharper and keep(get) the weight off, now he's scored he'll also hopefully be more relaxed when the chances do come. Clark as well just needs to calm down a bit, trying too hard to get on the scoresheet but plays really well with Boyd. The N'castle boy also looks good and has a bit of quality. If we give them a fair run out together I'm sure we'll get a good return.

Hardie running riot for u20s, I'd give him or Gall a shot over Miller Boyd.

I'd like

Bell

Mbabu Mcgregor Zal Wallace

Hutton Murdoch

Gallagher Vuckic Law

Clark

Or Temps for Gallagher but neither are getting picked tbh, I've got a feeling aswell Walsh might be in the squad for this. Mbabu if fit as is looking likely will start ahead of Faure.

Hardie running riot for u20s, I'd give him or Gall a shot over Miller Boyd.

I'd like

Bell

Mbabu Mcgregor Zal Wallace

Hutton Murdoch

Gallagher Vuckic Law

Clark

Or Temps for Gallagher but neither are getting picked tbh, I've got a feeling aswell Walsh might be in the squad for this. Mbabu if fit as is looking likely will start ahead of Faure.

By accounts Hardie wasn't too hot the other day for the U20's. Still got 17 for the season.

Agree on Walsh there's been lots of pieces on the website lately about him.

I'm sure we'd all like to see wee Calum get another go.

As for Mbabu...I'd be amazed if we saw him before the middle of March.

Will take another 2-1, love to call a clean sheet but we don't have it in us IMO.

Friday, 7:45, live on BT Sport.

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully we get the same level of performance we've had for the past two weeks. This game will certainly be no walk in the park but if we play like we did last week, we should get the job done. Providing we take our chances of course.

_____________Robinson_________________

__Faure__Zaliukas__McGregor__Wallace__

_________Hutton__Murdoch______________

_____Vuckic___Clark___Law_____________

_____________Boyd_____________________

No need for any radical changes. Don't think any of the other Newcastle lads will be fit in time for this and I'm assuming Jig is still injured?

2-0 Rangers is my prediction for this. Vuckic and Boyd getting the goals.

Good Team mate I reckon 1-3 for us and this Team is going to go forward .

Nice one .

By accounts Hardie wasn't too hot the other day for the U20's. Still got 17 for the season.

Agree on Walsh there's been lots of pieces on the website lately about him.

I'm sure we'd all like to see wee Calum get another go.

As for Mbabu...I'd be amazed if we saw him before the middle of March.

Will take another 2-1, love to call a clean sheet but we don't have it in us IMO.

He started training today so was just a guess, think it's pretty shit that we probably will only see for Ferguson, Bigi, Streete for like 6 matches max. Really hope we can get Streete permanent when he's out of contract this summer.

Looking forward to this, first time in a while I've felt excited and optimistic about a Gers game.

More of the same from Hutton, Murdoch, Vuckic and Clark, hoping Mcdowell keeps the changes and carries on working on things a litlle more in training, we're moving in the right direction, still a ways to go, but promising signs.

Ideally, the same team as Friday past, with the exception of jig out of the line up. Possibly have Mbabu in for Faure if fit and Temps in for Boyd

Robinson

Mbabu/Faure - Mcgregor - Zal - Wallace

Hutton Murdoch

Law Temps Vuckic

Clark

if things go well, take Law/Clark off and give Gallagher/Hardie/Walsh etc a run out, the young lads have once again stepped up to the plate in recent weeks, just as Mckay and Macleod did in the 3rd, give them game time Mcdowell (tu)

Pace is the key and without it we struggle. Murdoch has brought more pace and urgency in to the midfield as has Vuckic. Up front we need to match that pace.

Walsh and Hardie are deserving of a call up to the squad but not a start...yet.

If McCulloch is fit he will return so no point thinking otherwise. And if he does it reinforces my belief about him having a clause to start every game.

Mbabu had his first training session this week so he may figure as well.

Going to be harsh on some of the lads if we do go on a winning run then the Newcastle lads get fit and take their place.