All the best to fellow bear Lynsey Sharp

RFCRobertson

Just now, TheKingObv said:

She shouldn't be there. Was hoping she'd do the 400m though and crush everyone for a laugh.

Whether she should be allowed to race in a sport with clear gender lines is one thing, I have no problem with the idea that she shouldn't, but the idea that her natural physical advantage over the rest of the field is somehow more unfair than the natural physical advantages people like Bolt, Biles or Radcliffe have doesn't really stack up in my opinion. She doesn't even have one of the top 20 women's times in the 800m.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Capital Blu said:

Her testosterone levels are around 3 times that of a typical female athlete.

Excessive testosterone is banned for a reason, and why she has been required to take drugs that reduce testosterone levels (it does seem a bit counter intuitive to take drugs in order for her to compete)

It is not her fault that her genetic make up means that she has a number of male characteristics and is missing some female ones.  However as a "female athlete" she does have an advantage over the other competitors.

Yes, I agree with this. I just think all the fuss about fairness is ridiculous. She either qualifies to compete as a woman or she doesn't, but her physiological gift isn't any more "unfair" than any other athletic outlier's physical gifts, and is comparable in the level of superiority she has over her opponents. She's far, far closer to her female opponents than to any man. 

2 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Clearly semenya should be in the black guy without a dick category.

science will tell you using fallon fox as an example transgender athletes have an unfair advantage over the competition.

aye cause you dont know if you aim a kick at the balls you are actually hitting something or not. This is patently unfair.

8 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Whether she should be allowed to race in a sport with clear gender lines is one thing, I have no problem with the idea that she shouldn't, but the idea that her natural physical advantage over the rest of the field is somehow more unfair than the natural physical advantages people like Bolt, Biles or Radcliffe have doesn't really stack up in my opinion. She doesn't even have one of the top 20 women's times in the 800m.

Say hypothetically she runs 1.53 in a diamond league this year/next year (she's capable of far faster than 1.55) would you still not really have an issue. Or is the advantage only 'fair' when she's not smashing records? 

Her ability shouldn't even be a factor in the decision. Her genetic make up should be enough to rule her out.

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Say hypothetically she runs 1.53 in a diamond league this year/next year (she's capable of far faster than 1.55) would you still not really have an issue. Or is the advantage only 'fair' when she's not smashing records? 

Her ability shouldn't even be a factor in the decision. Her genetic make up should be enough to rule her out.

I would feel for the non-intersex athletes who can't win when up against her, which is why I wouldn't think it was wrong if she wasn't allowed to run at all, but I can't say I'd be particularly bothered about Kratochvilova's record going!

The real issue is that if the rules are changed again and chemical castration for people like Semenya comes back in, being secretly intersex is going to be the new doping, and there will be all sorts of aspersions and innuendo and public humiliation going on.

Hope she brings us back gold. We are all behind you Lynsey!!!

On a side note, I read that the Americans tax their athletes on their prize money and even on the value of their medals. Fucked up. Always going on about how patriotric they are yet taxing athletes working hard to bring them glory. 

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Hope she brings us back gold. We are all behind you Lynsey!!!

On a side note, I read that the Americans tax their athletes on their prize money and even on the value of their medals. Fucked up. Always going on about how patriotric they are yet taxing athletes working hard to bring them glory. 

Don't think she will win a medal, she's never won one at the olympics before.

5 hours ago, Pearson83 said:

She can be right moody on Twitter had to unfollow her moaning at everything. But she's fellow bear so good luck ??

I mind she was forced to apologise for saying something or retweeting something mocking big Jock :pipe: