Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Looking like children were systematically raped on an industrial scale by numerous people under the care of celtic football Club.

Not only that,  but there was a massive cover up which caused more children to get abused.

And still they are trying to continue the cover up by their denials and failure to even apologise.

Their sheer arrogance  and total derision toward the victims will be their undoing, and victims have already said how disgusted they are by celtic's stance.

Repugnant bastards, then and now!

43 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Looking like children were systematically raped on an industrial scale by numerous people under the care of celtic football Club.

Not only that,  but there was a massive cover up which caused more children to get abused.

And still they are trying to continue the cover up by their denials and failure to even apologise.

Their sheer arrogance  and total derision toward the victims will be their undoing, and victims have already said how disgusted they are by celtic's stance.

Repugnant bastards, then and now!

They won't apologise in their eyes they have done nothing wrong.

7 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Spot on, they are trying and failing in the point scoring nonsense.

See for me the fact that they think being outraged by one of the worst crimes it's possible to commit is solely motivated by point scoring perfectly sums them up. Twisted fucks are so morally bankrupt that the can't even recognise a natural human emotion.

The victim mentality has become so deeply ingrained within their support that anything even slightly negative towards celtic is automatically viewed as some kind of sectarian assault on their irish catholic heritage, and any narrative regardless of context must be seized and turned into an opportunity to attack anyone who doesn't toe their line. And to think they have the nerve to call us zombies. 

I have held comment on the ongoing events now escalating in the East end but just having heard about their ‘light show’, highlights to me that in the ongoing circumstances, they are more of a tasteless, crass and inappropriate excuse of a football club than I believed them to be (that’s saying something). I watched the tv interview of Michelle Gray yesterday who was very dignified and articulate in the circumstances. Yes they have a fixture to play but to lord it up with the tacky lights whilst showing no humility or feelings for the the thoughts of others (at this time) optimises their distain for all except themselves...

9 minutes ago, Fear no foe said:

See for me the fact that they think being outraged by one of the worst crimes it's possible to commit is solely motivated by point scoring perfectly sums them up. Twisted fucks are so morally bankrupt that the can't even recognise a natural human emotion.

The victim mentality has become so deeply ingrained within their support that anything even slightly negative towards celtic is automatically viewed as some kind of sectarian assault on their irish catholic heritage, and any narrative regardless of context must be seized and turned into an opportunity to attack anyone who doesn't toe their line. And to think they have the nerve to call us zombies. 

Agree with every word. :thumbup:

From the Sun

’HE’S AN ANIMAL’

Paedo celtic Boys Club coach Jim Torbett’s youngest victim Brendan Smith says he will be ’terrified’ of the monster for life after decades of torment

Brendan was abused from the age of four and has been plagued by flashbacks and suicidal thoughts

Exclusive

By Lisa Boyle

8th November 2018, 8:14 pm

Updated: 8th November 2018, 9:00 pm

celtic Boys Club sex beast Jim Torbett’s youngest victim said he will be terrified of the monster for the rest of his life.

Brendan Smith, 35, has suffered decades of torment since the vile ex-footie coach abused him from age four.

Brendan Smith will be terrified of paedo footy coach Jim Torbett for rest of his life

The dad of four revealed he turned to booze to cope with the horror of being plagued by flashbacks and suicidal thoughts.

But after he helped nail Torbett, 71, at the High Court in Glasgow, Brendan waived his right to anonymity to talk about his ordeal.

Speaking after the pervert was jailed for six years for abusing three boys between 1986 and 1994, he said: “To this day I’m terrified of him. When I was at the court I couldn’t look at him. I felt sick.

“He made us go through it all knowing he did it. He’s an animal — his face will haunt me for the rest of my life.”

The boxer added: “The sentence was ridiculous. How can predators get away with it the way they do?"

Brendan was the beast’s youngest victim

Boys Club founder Torbett preyed on two starlets in his under-14 team.

But he targeted Brendan at the Trophy Centre he owned in Glasgow, where the youngster was dropped off after school as his mum was seeing a member of staff.

Brendan said: “As soon as I saw Torbett I didn’t like him. The abuse started a few weeks after I met him and went on for several years.

“He said if I told anyone I’d get in trouble and never get any nice things like holidays abroad.”

Brendan escaped the paedophile’s clutches when he moved to another area in primary four. But years of anguish lay ahead.

He said: “All throughout my childhood I had nightmares and would wake up screaming.”

The ordeal later took its toll on his relationships and family as he hit the bottle and his life spiralled out of control.

Brendan said: “When I was 27 I told an ex-partner — it just came out. I’d been struggling with alcoholism and depression, and had contemplated suicide.”

“I’ve got PTSD and get flashbacks. My mum blames herself, though she and my gran are my biggest supports.”

“I’m certain my life would be entirely different if I hadn’t been abused by Torbett.”

Now sober, he trains at Maximum Power gym in Bellshill, Lanarkshire, and hopes to be a youth worker.

Brendan, of Chapelhall, said: “If it wasn’t for the gym owners I couldn’t have kept my head straight at the trial.”

Torbett, of Kelvindale, Glasgow, was branded “corrupt and depraved” by a judge as he was found guilty of five charges on Monday — 20 years after he was caged for historical abuse of Club players. The organisation was separate from celtic FC but the two were closely intertwined.

Lawyers for some victims have demanded Parkhead chiefs apologise. Hoops fan Brendan added: “I don’t blame celtic, but they need to take more responsibility.”

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Some of those quotes are just blood boiling.

How can that club parade a fucking lights show, pandering to the deluded, whilst ignoring the fact they have a scandal on there hands.

A fucking blowtorch couldn’t give them a red neck.

How can our football authorities allow a foreign football club to come over here to play a team who’s name is headline news implicating them in child abuse. What must that supporters think of Scottish football?  That game should of been cancelled!

Here's some more facts to mull over...

Jim Torbett , founder of the boys club and scout,abused boys, was kicked out of the club and the club kept it quiet.He returned to the club when Jock Stein, the guy who kicked him out, died.
Torbett served a sentence for the first period.These new allegations relate to his second time at the club.He appearead in court in Glasgow last week.Torbett's company The Trophy Centre, employed two celtic directors Kevin Kelly and Jack McGinn.

Frank Cairney,head of the boys club, appeared in court last week charged with historical offense.He was charged years ago at the same time as Torbett but 3 boys withdrew their evidence at the trial.

Jim McCafferty celtic kit man for over ten years currently in jail in Belfast waiting trial for crimes against children in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

John Cullen 30 years official photographer at celtic convicted a few years ago of indecent images of children.

Gerald King head of celtic boys club appeared in court last month in Glasgow on historic child sex abuse case.

Gerry McCann worked for celtic in the mid 90's when Tommy Burns was manager.
See CMOMM thread 20 09 2012 by butterfly: Doctor Gerry in Glasgow ,when and why did he come south?

John Reid was Home Secretary when MBM went missing and he later became Chairman of celtic due to his long standing association with the club.

John Mcglynn 

If any of you are aware celtic Football Club has a peodophile problem. Its been Scotland worse kept secret for decades, but no mainstream media will go near the story, rumours of political cover ups, catholic church, media all helping them out have been rife for decades. But in the past couple of weeks, 5 old celtic employee's are in jail awaiting trial one of which was already convicted for his actions with the boys club lads and re-employed by the club, with the full knowledge of what had happened by this time directors and allsorts where rumoured to have been involved. Even the likes of Jimmy Saville and Cardinal Keith o Brien where regular visitors.All through the years breakthoughs where made and u thought good its going to come out, finally justice but no, it always seemed to slip away UNDER THE CARPET AGAIN. Anyway looks like now its possibly all going to come out. 
On to Gerry, historically celtic as a club have always attached themselves to causes to gain good public affection they are so merciless at this they have become known as "the ambulance chasers". So why are they not all over the find maddie campaign when afterall this is right up there steet to fawn fake public attention, when infact there club doctor in 2000 who seem's to have been wiped from the clubs memory was none other than Gerry McCann who at the time of moving from Scotland to England was rumoured to have been placed on some register. Could Gerry be another of the celtic peodophile ring if so seeing the way the Catholic church and certain politicians have protected the institution that is celtic could these very people be protecting the McCanns. People in Glasgow are fully investigating the goings on at celtic and for some reason Gerry Mcann is popping into it .

5 hours ago, markem said:

Point scoring? They are having a laugh. 

For years we were the only people willing to openly discuss child abuse in our game. Told to be quiet, liars etc. 

Now it’s coming out we are right we are told we still can’t mention it. 

No one, absolutely no one should be censored when raising concerns about child abuse. 

Had we been listened to years ago the shit in which they now stand may not have been so deep. You’d think if anyone would be realising that silence doesn’t work it would be them. 

No argument from me. 

Silence is most certainly not the answer. Justice is. 

34 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Its in there interests to sort this out of court for that reason I think a agreement will be reached.

I wanna know what the sfa planned to do about this shit

If it was isolated to the ten cases brought forward by Thompsons then an agreement might be in their interests I suspect though they fear an admission of liability would lead to an avalanche of claims.

Archived