Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

4 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

At least one paper is actually investigating and not letting this go. 

Far too many reporters that want to look the other way. Expecting some more hollicom spin soon. 

i would be willing to bet that there are more than a few reporters that would love to run with this, the problem I believe lies with the editors/owners in the Scottish MSM and their alliances burying the story.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

i would be willing to bet that there are more than a few reporters that would love to run with this, the problem I believe lies with the editors/owners in the Scottish MSM and their alliances burying the story.

Very good point mate. 

Another article from The Times today 2nd June 2020 (courtesy of FF):

Child abuser Jim Torbett ran Tommy Burns and Sean Fallon testimonials for celtic FC

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/child-abuser-jim-torbett-ran-tommy-burns-and-sean-fallon-testimonials-for-celtic-fc-b6mxbds96

A prolific sexual predator organised lavish official events with guests including a future cardinal and a bishop to celebrate the careers of celtic FC players, The Times can disclose.

Jim Torbett, founder of celtic Boys Club, was found guilty of abusing boys between 1986 and 1994 and jailed for six years in 2018. He was given a two-year sentence a decade earlier for molesting players at the feeder club between 1967 and 1974.

It has now emerged that Torbett, 72, organised testimonial events for Tommy Burns, the former celtic player, coach and manager, and Sean Fallon, a long-serving assistant manager and player, further undermining claims that Torbett had no connection with the Parkhead club.

Guests who accepted his invitation to honour Fallon — Jock Stein’s right-hand man and confidant — included an archbishop, a bishop, the Lisbon Lions European Cup-winners, and celtic FC’s directors, players and management team. Being given responsibility for such prestigious events suggests he was highly regarded by senior figures within Parkhead at the time.

While expressing sympathy for his victims celtic have sought to distance themselves from Torbett’s crimes, insisting that the boys’ club was an “entirely separate organisation”.

However, The Times has also revealed that Torbett was hired by celtic to run their club shops, in addition to his coaching duties, in the early 1990s.

A report on Fallon’s testimonial dinner, held in November 1993, in the club’s official magazine, thanks “Jim Torbett and his associates for organising such a wonderful occasion”. The celtic View confirmed the guests of honour included “the celtic directors, Archbishop Thomas Winning of Glasgow and Bishop Joseph Devine of Motherwell”.

In 2018 the Scottish child abuse inquiry heard evidence that Winning, who in 1994 became the second Scottish cardinal since the reformation, offered money to a woman in exchange for her silence over sexual abuse that took place in a Catholic-run residential home for children in the Sixties.

After being elevated to cardinal he caused outrage by asserting that the church had no obligation to report alleged paedophile priests to the police.

In 2013 Devine, who died last year, told a man seeking an apology for being raped by a priest as a child: “Can you not let him off with it? He’s an old man.”

A programme for the Burns testimonial match with Liverpool, which took place at Parkhead in 1987, confirms that Torbett was vice-chairman of the organising committee.

Burns played for the boys’ club from 1970-73 and frequently attended club functions and prizegivings when he went on to play for the senior club and served as manager. He died of skin cancer, aged 51, in 2008.

Torbett was kicked out of the boys’ club by Stein, then the celtic manager, in 1974 after hearing claims of abuse — but the police were not informed. Stein, who died while Scotland manager in 1985, had given Torbett permission to start the boys’ club.

In March 1984 The Glasgow Evening Times reported that Stein would be making a “personal appearance” at a branch of Torbett’s Trophy Centre on Kilmarnock Road in Glasgow.

After his sacking Torbett was allowed to return four years later and went on to molest more boys, remaining there until 1996 when claims of abuse appeared in the press. Passing sentence in 2018 Lord Beckett said: “You used the club as a front and a recruiting ground for boys who you could sexually abuse.”

In February celtic said it was “very sorry” the abuse had happened but insisted the boys’ club was a separate organisation.

After Torbett’s 2018 conviction the club issued a statement which said that allegations of abuse at the boys’ club “first emerged in the 1990s”. It subsequently emerged that celtic launched an internal investigation in 1986 which “cleared” Torbett and his colleagues and stated their intention was for the claims to be “buried once and for all”.

celtic did not respond to a request for comment.

The Times are certainly pushing on this story ,Shows how corrupted our media are up here ,The Record and Sunday Mail were brave enough time report on this scandal in the 90s but today when the story is far far bigger they ain’t interested,

Well done The Times. Absolute disgrace the difference in the press in treatment of us from 2010 to 2012 compared to the treatment of scottish MSM's favourite team.

Dont get me started on how we were treated football-wise

3 hours ago, magic8ball said:

The Times are certainly pushing on this story ,Shows how corrupted our media are up here ,The Record and Sunday Mail were brave enough time report on this scandal in the 90s but today when the story is far far bigger they ain’t interested,

Papal news and seperate entity news.

3 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Well done The Times. Absolute disgrace the difference in the press in treatment of us from 2010 to 2012 compared to the treatment of scottish MSM's favourite team.

Dont get me started on how we were treated football-wise

I think what a lot of people forget are that Radio Clyde were a major force against the reporting against us re the times you mentioned.

Yet fast forward to 2019/20 and they only discuss football matters. 🤔

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

I think what a lot of people forget are that Radio Clyde were a major force against the reporting against us re the times you mentioned.

Delelahunt was the host on SSB at the time absolutle cunt of a man 

I remember towards the end of the shite a bear called up regarding the land deals case ,Got cunt off then ridiculed by delahunt 

the amount of high profile bigoted taigs that guy had on was unreal 3 Names ,Kevin Kelly and even one night he let tommy the taxi driver spout 8 minutes of pure angry shite before cutting him off when he was finished ,the thick cunt in his rant went on about the ingrained anti catholic agenda that stretched back as far as the Knights Templar who ironically were cutting around pre reformation 🙄

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

No, they decided to give Lawell a platform for his statement when he announced that 2yr secret investigation. However, straight after this they reverted to only discussing football matters so no (I imagine) telling or embarrassing questions could be posed exposing them for the charlatans that they undoubtedly are...  

4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

the thick cunt in his rant went on about the ingrained anti catholic agenda that stretched back as far as the Knights Templar who ironically were cutting around pre reformation 🙄

C’mon mate, factual history has never been and appears, will never be, their strongpoint...

51 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

No, they decided to give Lawell a platform for his statement when he announced that 2yr secret investigation. However, straight after this they reverted to only discussing football matters so no (I imagine) telling or embarrassing questions could be posed exposing them for the charlatans that they undoubtedly are...  

How long's that secret 2 year investigation taken thus far?

Hell, what's happened to the supposedly finished SFA investigation? The one that's rumoured to have been passed for review and censorship (sorry, 'correcting) by Lawell? Was it just censored completely?

In 2013 Devine, who died last year, told a man seeking an apology for being raped by a priest as a child: “Can you not let him off with it? He’s an old man.”

That bit turns my stomach, I hope you rot in hell you fucking pond life cunt!

35 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

That bit turns my stomach, I hope you rot in hell you fucking pond life cunt!

Sounds like something Tommy Burns would’ve said tbh!

1 hour ago, frenv said:

Hell, what's happened to the supposedly finished SFA investigation? The one that's rumoured to have been passed for review and censorship (sorry, 'correcting) by Lawell? Was it just censored completely?

Both smoke and mirrors, how both organisations operate...

2 hours ago, frenv said:

Reckon it was in June /July last year the lying cunt came out with that crass piece of shite ,Under pressure for first time ever because of a few convictions 

Came out with that one to deflect ,it was a Friday and he said another statement would be made over the weekend ,ok Peter we won’t ask again 

STILL FUCKING WAITING 

3 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Reckon it was in June /July last year the lying cunt came out with that crass piece of shite ,Under pressure for first time ever because of a few convictions 

Came out with that one to deflect ,it was a Friday and he said another statement would be made over the weekend ,ok Peter we won’t ask again 

STILL FUCKING WAITING 

Questions need to be asked. Scottish media happy to sweep it away though

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Scottish parliament have denied the motion to investigate child abuse at Parkhead.

Dornan just tweeted about it!

They could find pictures of Lieswell and Fritzel spit roasting Madeline Mcann and they would still turn a blind eye 

8 hours ago, B1872 said:

Scottish parliament have denied the motion to investigate child abuse at Parkhead.

Dornan just tweeted about it!

Why the hell would anyone deny an investigation into child abuse?!?!

Archived