Wallace

MaestroNiko

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MaestroNiko said:

Hamstring injury and forced to play the rest of the match.

Will he be a big blow for Hogmanay or St johnstone for that matter or will it not make a difference?

Personally i feel we don't have a proper leader without him on the pitch :megaanguish:

I wouldn't be disappointed at all if he missed the game against the taigs.

He had an absolute horror show at the piggery and didn't cover himself in glory for their goal at Hampden.

Never a leader IMO either.

Utterly stupid decision to leave him on the park for the rest of the match what was the point when he could hardly move anyway?

Warburton always does this he waits 60 mins plus to make a sub then gets the scattergun out and makes 3 within 10 minutes. We always seem to walk a tightrope going into the last 10 minutes of games having used all our subs.

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

We don't have a proper leader with him on the pitch either.

Although it's a blow if he's out because we don't have anyone capable of replacing him. LH will go over but it's not the same in an attacking sense with him being right footed.

If Rossiter is fit we could put Halliday at Left Back, though i'm not sure how that would work out...

Wallace has been a great servant but never a leader. Imo I'd give captaincy to halliday. A captain is not normally the best player and I know he's not but I think he would be better and not let anyone give less than 100℅ . Barry Ferguson played better imo after receiving the captaincy. 

1 minute ago, Queen's_highway said:

Wallace has been a great servant but never a leader. Imo I'd give captaincy to halliday. A captain is not normally the best player and I know he's not but I think he would be better and not let anyone give less than 100℅ . Barry Ferguson played better imo after receiving the captaincy. 

Halliday is to sleekit to be our captain.:tongue:

19 minutes ago, MaestroNiko said:

Will he be a big blow for Hogmanay or St johnstone for that matter or will it not make a difference?

Personally i feel we don't have a proper leader without him on the pitch :megaanguish:

Kenny Miller is our stand out leader! 

25 minutes ago, MaestroNiko said:

WIT????? What are you watching to make you think Wallace is a leader on the pitch? Fucking mind-boggling statement. Bonkers.

2 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

WIT????? What are you watching to make you think Wallace is a leader on the pitch? Fucking mind-boggling statement. Bonkers.

I think he goes about his business quietly and professionally which encourages others on the pitch. While Halliday may have more "passion" hes shite and probably will be replaced next season

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Was it? He went down off the ball as we were breaking up the park? 

Really hope he isn't out for long. If Halliday plays at LB next week I'm going to fucking cry. 

I don't think that's when the injury happened, just when he had the chance to seek treatment.

1 hour ago, Queen's_highway said:

I agree wallace is not a natural leader but for the sacrifice and commitment he has shown to us the past few years he deserved the captaincy.at the moment there is no one in the team apart from miller who could take on the role but that would not be beneficial in the long run.when advocaat made barry the captain at a young age(as much as it was a kick in the baws for amo)it made barry the player he was.otherwise i think that he would have went down the same road as charlie miller or mcinnes.

Maybe Warburton should try something radical and make Kiernan or holt the captain.