Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

We were all praising Caixiniha the other day so if he feels BF is the man he wants after speaking to him then I trust him. He seems pretty detailed in what he does so I'm sure he's done some research into Ferguson and probably spoken to Mendes about him as well.

Most other clubs would see a legendary midfielder and former captain coming back to be part of the backroom team as good news. The hate for certain former players on here is baffling.

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

We were all praising Caixiniha the other day so if he feels BF is the man he wants after speaking to him then I trust him. He seems pretty detailed in what he does so I'm sure he's done some research into Ferguson and probably spoken to Mendes about him as well.

Most other clubs would see a legendary midfielder and former captain coming back to be part of the backroom team as good news. The hate for certain former players on here is baffling.

:lol: Fucken hell

If you don't agree with someone being unsure of the guy because of what he is known to have done to previous managers then fine. You're perfectly entitled to disagree but to constantly act like you don't understand why someone may hold that opinion when you've had it explained to you a number of times now is ignorance. At this point its looking like willful ignorance.

You love wee Barry. We get it. Some people don't. Stop pretending you don't understand why.

9 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

What is baffling is you inferring that ....Historical facts = Hate

It shows up either a lack of a decent and relevant counter argument or something else.

Einstein said insanity was......"doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

10 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Other people believe that a more suitable candidate is available = hate?

Aye, ok.:Zzz:

10 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

:lol: Fucken hell

If you don't agree with someone being unsure of the guy because of what he is known to have done to previous managers then fine. You're perfectly entitled to disagree but to constantly act like you don't understand why someone may hold that opinion when you've had it explained to you a number of times now is ignorance. At this point its looking like willful ignorance.

You love wee Barry. We get it. Some people don't. Stop pretending you don't understand why.

I said I find it baffling I didn't say I didn't understand why people may hold a that opinion. There's perfectly valid reasons for having that opinion which have been mentioned.

I personally don't think there'll be much actual coaching to this role so therefore BF would be perfectly suitable for it.

9 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

Other people believe that a more suitable candidate is available = hate?

Aye, ok.:Zzz:

Beyond the fact that he was an outstanding player for us (but obviously can't play anymore and therefore not that relevant) there isn't much of a solid argument for BF and this comes through in the posts that see him as a good appointment.

I can understand those that say if he does comes in, you have to get behind him and hence, the time for registering a counter opinion and backing it up is now.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Beyond the fact that he was an outstanding player for us (but obviously can't play anymore and therefore not that relevant) there isn't much of a solid argument for BF and this comes through in the posts that see him as a good appointment.

I can understand those that say if he does comes in, you have to get behind him and hence, the time for registering a counter opinion and backing it up is now.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't trust Ferguson. And for that reason alone I couldn't employ him.

39 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

He's not looking for a pundit

I agree, he's looking for someone first and foremostfrom scotland and understand the culture, city and expectations.  He wants someone who has a wealth of knowledge of Scottish opponents and ideal someone who understands our club. 

Is their a better candidate than McCann based on the selection and recruitment criteria? 

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

We've had this conversation before. Very short sighted opinions.

We haven't, if he didn't resign because he was a shit manager why did he resign? For a position that wasn't available when he left the club?

8 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

I'll be honest, I wouldn't trust Ferguson. And for that reason alone I couldn't employ him.

If there was just one thing you had to choose for making a case against his appointment, I think that is it.

For me it would significantly increase the 'risk factor' for the new mgmt team as a whole. 

BF ambition allied to mhedia contacts will act in certain circumstances, with a view to take advantage.

26 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I said I find it baffling I didn't say I didn't understand why people may hold a that opinion. There's perfectly valid reasons for having that opinion which have been mentioned.

I personally don't think there'll be much actual coaching to this role so therefore BF would be perfectly suitable for it.

If you understand then how can you be baffled :lol:

8 minutes ago, one55 said:

would only take barry if he ditches that shitey column of his and doesn't go behind our backs to any of his sellick pals. 

Wrt this role at Rangers, he used his ghost writer at the Daily Record to write two Fridays columns IAR (4th and 11th of March), that were pseudo applications that touched the 'right bases' with readers.

He used them in the past

He uses them now

He'll use them in the future

I didn't think there was an ideal candidate for the managers position and feel similar for the available assistant one.

PC has highlighted some of the attributes he'll be looking for, but really only he knows the full remit.

At the end of the day it's got to be his choice as he ultimately carries the can.

Whoever it is I hope they come in soon and do what he requires to allow us to get back to being top dogs again.

Get it done, then onwards and upwards...

41 minutes ago, wilberforce1 said:

This.

Even if he isn't directly involved with coaching I'm sceptical that he'll settle for being a third wheel, keeping Pedro up to date with how much Scottish football is shite and hates us... surely he wants to be a coach or a manager? Is he going to get on board without rocking the boat? He's stirred shit in the past and has his column/media stuff to think about.

I say that as someone who loved Barry as a player and a captain - fantastic as both. Not sure about this (if true) but we'll soon see how it goes.

40 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

We haven't, if he didn't resign because he was a shit manager why did he resign? For a position that wasn't available when he left the club?

He is young manager learning his trade. Going to Clyde wasn't about results, it was a sounding pad to work on ethos, style of play etc for a bigger role.

Any top flight player/manager would struggle to adapt to working with PT players of a poorer quality than used too. 

Ferguson knows he will be offered bigger jobs. Clyde was a chance to develop himself. The guy has taken the time to learn unlike many players who jump straight in  and he still gets slaughtered. :confused:

9 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

He quit his job because he was out of his depth not because of this.

That fact never stopped them in the past, looking at the present board members and how they do business it's definitely not going to change a habit of a life time. The term local assistant job is a non entity, made up nonsense. European sides have no problem in seeing off Scottish sides and they know nothing of Scottish football, every year!!. Along with the DOF it will end up as jobs for the boys when the only person that really matters is the manager and how well he does his job, just look at Hearts and the chaos surrounding their DOF and the manager at the weekend, nuff said.

I struggle to understand the negativity and taig like comments towards Ferguson.

The guy is one of us, loves this club, lived the dream and achieved great things with us.

Yet there is comments here as if the guy had personally fucked your wifes n shat in your kettles.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I struggle to understand the negativity and taig like comments towards Ferguson.

The guy is one of us, loves this club, lived the dream and achieved great things with us.

Yet there is comments here as if the guy had personally fucked your wifes n shat in your kettles.

None so blind...

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Surely "taig like" would be taking pleasure in the guys behaviour towards Rangers managers rather than condeming it?