Warburton claims he left the club in a good position

Rambo1872

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Ok maybe agenda is the wrong word, but let's not pretend that everything he's done was shite and an absolute disaster, just because he's largely failed this year and the tried to snake his way to a new club. 

He made plenty of positive steps, won trophies, stopped the filth in the cup, and brought our infrastructure and professionalism forward after being neglected so badly by McCoist. 

Fair enough .Take those points

4 hours ago, DerKlos said:

At the end of the day -- he met his remit, he got us back up.

This season wasn't what we all expected / hoped for -- but he was second for the bulk of it, and had us on course for Europe. The Scum are having a one-off season and we could've spent about £50m and not caught them.

At the end of the day, his downfall was his unwillingness to change, receptiveness to criticism and unconvincing/unvaried transfer policy.

He wasn't a success. He wasn't a rip roaring disaster either. 

His biggest downfall was next to nil budget.

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

He spent more than every team in the country put together bar one and left us in 3rd

he also inherited a team of shite that had to be let go, Aberdeen already had a squad in place. £3-£4 million is not enough to rebulid an entire squad and i've always said it says more about the rest of the teams in the SPL that we were sitting second having played so utterly shite.

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

he also inherited a team of shite that had to be let go, Aberdeen already had a squad in place. £3-£4 million is not enough to rebulid an entire squad and i've always said it says more about the rest of the teams in the SPL that we were sitting second having played so utterly shite.

3/4 million on transfer fees then wages for guys like Barton, Senderos, Krancjar. That's +50k a week he spunked away on shite. Aberdeen's entire wage budget probably isn't as much as that.

He had more than enough to have us comfortably in 2nd.

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

3/4 million on transfer fees then wages for guys like Barton, Senderos, Krancjar. That's +50k a week he spunked away on shite. Aberdeen's entire wage budget probably isn't as much as that.

He had more than enough to have us comfortably in 2nd.

Well we'll find out when we see what Caixinha does with the squad he's inherited.

3 hours ago, RDFM said:

I'm sure Adolf Hitler would say he left Germany in a good position too.

(Yes I am comparing being behind Aberdeen and Celtic in the league to Nazi Germany and what it caused)

To be fair, he took them on a good run in Europe.

This fucking fraud will be back talking pish in the CITY soon enough..Might be that talking utter bollocks and being delusional is how to make MONEY in the Financial Sector these days..He will make a fucking fortune because he is halfway wired to the fucking moon..

All ifs I think.  If he won the Scottish Cup, that would have been an achievement. If had he got anything from his summer signings, we would have been closer to tims. On both counts, he failed.

I think he had an issue with what fans expected. What DK expected as well, given the extra signings he got, was the other issue. He had some good results, like beating Hearts and sheep in consecutive games but many long periods of no real improvement. We wallowed in mediocrity for a lot of the time, with the same old story of getting caught out. We never looked convincing or gave an opposing team a going over. A lot of the games we struggled when we won.........many of them in fact. He may have played nice possesion football, but I think there would have been quite a few managers who could have achieved as much, or possibly more, given his budget and our support.  I have no issues with him and I think he was a credit to us in many ways. Salesman though and I wont miss that sales patter.