Daily Mail...

Using our Club as click bait. 

Was just going through Google for news on Rangers and came across this headline (picture below) 

Thought to myself I wonder what this boys saying about the whole Barton/Rangers thing if he's saying it's our fault, so click on it, and the story is about this Arfield not getting called up for Scotland - not a hint of what the headline suggested. 

Fucking blatantly falsifying google headlines about us to get folk to click and read their shitey stories that no one gives a fucking shit about.

Worstcunts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4333354/Scott-Arfield-opens-snubbed-Scotland.html

IMG_9343.PNG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Click bait like this is literally the last throw of the dice for the media ... their newspapers don't sell and they need to resort to this 

another decade if they are lucky 

I know, it's ridiculous. Reading that OP back I may have over reacted a bit - it just fucking rages me their complete lack of any morsel of ethical professionalism, they don't even try and conceal it. 

3 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

I know, it's ridiculous. Reading that OP back I may have over reacted a bit - it just fucking rages me their complete lack of any morsel of ethical professionalism, they don't even try and conceal it. 

Not over reacting in the slightest, the only mention of Barton is in the comments and the only mention of Rangers is 

Arfield is 28 now and has prepared himself for moments like this. The conversation wanders briefly back to 2009, when he scored for Falkirk in a Scottish Cup semi-final victory over rivals Dunfermline, only to narrowly lose the final 1-0 to a Nacho Novo-inspired Rangers.

and again some commenters at the bottom. The papers have done this before with us, I remember they misquoted Kiernan saying we could score 26 goals in 1 game. Also they were misquoting Pedro not too long ago when he said we were the best squad in scotland. 

The papers know they are losing out because they print utter dross. Rather than keeping good journalistic integrity and giving the people the news, they resort to shady titles or eye catches to get copies sold. 

Looks like an error with the linking more than anything else because he did talk about us and Barton it's just in a different article.

Arfield said: 'Joey has come back to us and it has been seamless. I honestly think it was Rangers who created the problem. They didn't use him properly and that was the downfall.
'Joey's a massive character, a leader and a winner. Yeah, he can rattle a few cages. But those are the guys who can also inspire a full dressing room.
'It seems to me like the Rangers players just couldn't hack him or didn't want to hear some home truths,' added Arfield, who also played alongside Barton when Burnley won promotion to the Premier League in 2015-16.

'Getting hammered 5-1 against your biggest rivals, it was never going to be rosy when they went into training on the Monday morning.
'It speaks volumes for Joey – and reflects really badly on Rangers – that he has come back down here and has started winning man-of-the-match awards straight away.'

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Not over reacting in the slightest, the only mention of Barton is in the comments and the only mention of Rangers is 

and again some commenters at the bottom. The papers have done this before with us, I remember they misquoted Kiernan saying we could score 26 goals in 1 game. Also they were misquoting Pedro not too long ago when he said we were the best squad in scotland. 

The papers know they are losing out because they print utter dross. Rather than keeping good journalistic integrity and giving the people the news, they resort to shady titles or eye catches to get copies sold. 

Don't recall them doing it with Kiernan but remember them doing it with Pedro last week right enough. 

Its all about the Rangers :UK:

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Looks like an error with the linking more than anything else because he did talk about us and Barton it's just in a different article.

That makes more sense then. 

Still, wouldn't surprise me if it was an accidentally deliberate mistake on purpose :lol:

To be fair, although Arfield is a taig, I don't see much wrong with what he said

Ive always thought from day 1 that Barton told MW his tactics and the teams performance was utter shite and he got punted for it 

He will no doubt release the real story later

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Says a lot about Barton that he was utterly average for us when he played, and is now winning MOTM awards in the EPL...

Barton walked into Scottish football with the opinion most outter Scot football people have and that it's a shit league. Which to be fair it is. But it isn't easy though. 

Barton wasn't prepared at all and thought he could breeze it which he couldn't but I personally believe he did try to better himself but after the taig game he seen there was issues both with the management which we now know more about. Barton was an ass but so was Warburton and it's clear he didn't like conflict or not getting his own way. 

Barton tried to rock the boat and payed the price for it. But in trying to do so he showed he had the clubs or at least the team's interest in mind. He at least wanted a winning mentality or some aggression. 

1 hour ago, Briton said:

I'm embarrassed to say I took that disgusting rag for nearly three decades.  Scum.

The daily mail ? bizarre stance they have . Their politics is ant essenpee but seem quite happy with beggars doing their sports sections

Hence anti Rangers

12 hours ago, 55Bear said:

Using our Club as click bait. 

Was just going through Google for news on Rangers and came across this headline (picture below) 

Thought to myself I wonder what this boys saying about the whole Barton/Rangers thing if he's saying it's our fault, so click on it, and the story is about this Arfield not getting called up for Scotland - not a hint of what the headline suggested. 

Fucking blatantly falsifying google headlines about us to get folk to click and read their shitey stories that no one gives a fucking shit about.

Worstcunts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4333354/Scott-Arfield-opens-snubbed-Scotland.html

IMG_9343.PNG

You have fallen into their trap. You are publicising their shit for them and distributing it to a wider audience. It's history and nobody cares. Delete the thread and ignore them.