Daily Mail...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Katie Hopkins nails it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4335196/Good-riddance-McGuinness-writes-Katie-Hopkins.html

KATIE HOPKINS: Good riddance, McGuinness. The reason you never said sorry for the dead was because you weren’t. You just realised you could win another way AND be treated like a saint.

I started reading about the rare condition that killed Martin McGuinness. I got about four words in. And then I realised.

I couldn't care less. Couldn't care less what he had, what impact it had on him or why it caused him to die.

I am just glad he is dead.

Glad he is gone and we no longer have the monster paraded about on our screens as the Second Coming of Christ. Lauded by our state broadcaster as the White Mandela. Fawned over by glib performers such as Blair, as a truly great.

I'm not the least bit concerned if his death was painful or otherwise. He had the extraordinary blessing of a reasonably long life. And the gift of knowing he was going to die. He was able to set his affairs in order, to say thank you to the people who loved him, and to feel at peace with the life he was leaving behind.

His victims, those who died at the hands of his army, his bombs, and allegedly his own sub-machine gun — had no such opportunity.

Many never saw thirty. Never got to enjoy the long life he has enjoyed. Their relatives were handed life sentences of their own, too, having to deal with the devastation he wrought.

Joanne Mathers was just 29 when she was murdered by the IRA. Shot dead on the doorstep of her home for being part of the government census-gathering, which the IRA was campaigning against.

Almost 36 years later her husband said he was still haunted by the loss of his wife and the fact no one had been brought to justice.

'People may well say he is a champion of peace, but Joanne was murdered when she was just 29 years old, and I was left to bring up a child of just a year-and-a-half by myself.

'I had to navigate through all those milestones in his early years without her. Shane missed so much not having his mother. 

'I would pick him up at school every day and would look out the car at all the mothers coming to pick their children up, greeting them at the end of the day. She wasn't there to comfort him when he was sick and wasn't there to run to when he was hurt.'

It is this man I feel sorry for, this man and his son who deserve the sympathy of leaders today.

Or Lord Tebbit's wife, permanently paralysed by the 1984 Brighton bombing, another casualty in McGuinness's campaign of terror.

Or the 'disappeared', those who were abducted, murdered and secretly buried by the IRA, four of whom have never been found despite a commission set up to locate their remains. The families of these victims walk hand in hand with grief and injustice every day.

The list is endless. Kneecappings, bombings, shootings, sniper fire. Men, women and children. Particularly children: Mary Travers, 22; Kathleen Feeny, 14; Carol Ann McCool, 4; Kathryn Eakin, 9; Gordon Gallagher, 9 ... it goes on and on. A mountain of dead. Murdered during the period in which the Butcher of Bogside was in command.

So no, Gerry Adams — you who also have blood on your hands — McGuinness did not work 'tirelessly for peace and reconciliation'. If he had, the bodies of the disappeared would be back with those they loved.

Whatever side of the fight you take, Protestant or Catholic, I wonder what sort of man can watch the killing of children and feel no remorse

And no, Blair, we do not remember him with 'immense gratitude and immense affection'. Shane Mathers might have said the same of his mother — if he hadn't been deprived of her his whole life by the monster you choose to mourn.

And no, Enda Kenny, Irish Taoiseach, the butcher will not 'always be remembered for the remarkable political journey he undertook in his lifetime'.

He will be remembered for the lives he took. And we will forget him as quickly as we can.

Unlike her public message of condolence for the family of Nelson Mandela, the Queen has shared a private message with the widow of Martin McGuinness, Bernie. After the death of Lord Mountbatten at the hands of the IRA, she truly understands the hurt he caused. And has acknowledged this with a private message of support for one woman. Not public affirmation of the hurtful life of one cruel man.

Martin Mandela may have conned many of the Establishment with his written commitment to peace. But he was the author of much of the war. And we do not condone the sins of other war criminals with such enthusiasm.

Only last year, a 94 year old former Auschwitz guard was sentenced to five years in prison for his actions in camp. He stated he never killed or abused anyone, and was deeply ashamed. But survivors wanted him to say more, needed him to tell the truth for young people. To help people understand the horrors of the past so they can be healed.

It is a sentiment echoed by the families of the victims of McGuinness' IRA today.

In contrast, justice never caught up with this monster. It canonized him instead.

Lord Tebbit speaks for many of us when he says; 'the world is a sweeter place today. He was a coward who never atoned for his crimes'.

Whatever side of the fight you take, Protestant or Catholic, I wonder what sort of man can watch the killing of children and feel no remorse.

But, I can understand why Martin McGuinness never said sorry.

The simple truth is he never was. He was only sorry he was going to be caught, that he needed to find power another way.

McGuinness was a monster. Death does not redeem him. Nor return the young lives his terrorist bombs took away. 

11 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Barton walked into Scottish football with the opinion most outter Scot football people have and that it's a shit league. Which to be fair it is. But it isn't easy though. 

Barton wasn't prepared at all and thought he could breeze it which he couldn't but I personally believe he did try to better himself but after the taig game he seen there was issues both with the management which we now know more about. Barton was an ass but so was Warburton and it's clear he didn't like conflict or not getting his own way. 

Barton tried to rock the boat and payed the price for it. But in trying to do so he showed he had the clubs or at least the team's interest in mind. He at least wanted a winning mentality or some aggression. 

There's nothing to support this repeated nonsense about 'thought he could breeze it'.  The guy never took part in pre-season because he had obligations as a pundit.  There's nothing to suggest that when he did link up with the team he wasn't trying in training or on matchdays.  He was obviously trying but the team was failing and some of the players around him (Senderos especially) were throwing in the towel.  I don't blame him for having a go at players of the manager (if that's what he did).  After all, Joey has more experience of top flight football than any of them.  If there's something wrong I would hope he would voice that concern, not get sacked for it!  The way this club treated Barton was a joke and I wish he hadn't been paid off because we badly need a player like him.

15 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There's nothing to support this repeated nonsense about 'thought he could breeze it'.  The guy never took part in pre-season because he had obligations as a pundit.  There's nothing to suggest that when he did link up with the team he wasn't trying in training or on matchdays.  He was obviously trying but the team was failing and some of the players around him (Senderos especially) were throwing in the towel.  I don't blame him for having a go at players of the manager (if that's what he did).  After all, Joey has more experience of top flight football than any of them.  If there's something wrong I would hope he would voice that concern, not get sacked for it!  The way this club treated Barton was a joke and I wish he hadn't been paid off because we badly need a player like him.

“I think I have got all the skills needed to deal with this. I’ve lived a quite intense period of my life.

“I understand it is going to be intense up here but I think I have finally found a level of maturity that is befitting of my standing within the game. My football is reaping the rewards of that.

“For me, it is not just about Rangers and Celtic. There are some other good sides here and good players.

“They will see me coming to Scotland, and maybe other players who will come north of the border, as an incredible challenge.

“Because if I was up here and saw players coming into the league, I’d think it was a great challenge that could bring everyone on. Competition is incredibly healthy.

“You have to embrace that. It’s a tough industry, a comply-or-die industry. If you are not ready for the challenge then you don’t deserve to pull on a jersey.

“I’m ready for it. I can’t wait to go away next week and start my pre-season programme, ready to hit the ground running.

“I feel I was the best midfielder in the Championship last year. I think my performances over 46 games proved that.

“There are some good players up here. But I’m not coming up here to be another player. I’m coming up here to be the best player in the country.”

Our Joey certainly fancied himself. Clearly had tickets on himself amid other claims of Brown not being in same league as himself.

Think the only thing he didn't SAY was that he'd breeze it, everything else he did say gives that opinion.

Oh and I agree with you re how it ended for him.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

“I think I have got all the skills needed to deal with this. I’ve lived a quite intense period of my life.

“I understand it is going to be intense up here but I think I have finally found a level of maturity that is befitting of my standing within the game. My football is reaping the rewards of that.

“For me, it is not just about Rangers and Celtic. There are some other good sides here and good players.

“They will see me coming to Scotland, and maybe other players who will come north of the border, as an incredible challenge.

“Because if I was up here and saw players coming into the league, I’d think it was a great challenge that could bring everyone on. Competition is incredibly healthy.

“You have to embrace that. It’s a tough industry, a comply-or-die industry. If you are not ready for the challenge then you don’t deserve to pull on a jersey.

“I’m ready for it. I can’t wait to go away next week and start my pre-season programme, ready to hit the ground running.

“I feel I was the best midfielder in the Championship last year. I think my performances over 46 games proved that.

“There are some good players up here. But I’m not coming up here to be another player. I’m coming up here to be the best player in the country.”

Our Joey certainly fancied himself. Clearly had tickets on himself amid other claims of Brown not being in same league as himself.

Think the only thing he didn't SAY was that he'd breeze it, everything else he did say gives that opinion.

Oh and I agree with you re how it ended for him.

There's nothing in there about how he's going to 'breeze it'.  Read what he's saying:

"I understand it is going to be intense up here"

"It’s a tough industry, a comply-or-die industry. If you are not ready for the challenge then you don’t deserve to pull on a jersey"

"I’m ready for it. I can’t wait to go away next week and start my pre-season programme"

I'm certainly not going to criticise a player for being confident or for stating publicly their desire to win things in a Rangers jersey. 

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There's nothing in there about how he's going to 'breeze it'.  Read what he's saying:

"I understand it is going to be intense up here"

"It’s a tough industry, a comply-or-die industry. If you are not ready for the challenge then you don’t deserve to pull on a jersey"

"I’m ready for it. I can’t wait to go away next week and start my pre-season programme"

I'm certainly not going to criticise a player for being confident or for stating publicly their desire to win things in a Rangers jersey. 

"befitting of my standard within the game"

"They will see me coming to Scotland.......as an incredible challenge"

Being the best player in the Championship (imo what he's likely comparing up here to) and here to be the best player.

Scott Brown not in his league etc

"Some good players" - none as good as him I'm sure in his opinion.

I've no doubt he thought he'd come up here, be the best player, and stroll it.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Bartons a fucking donkey.

Scumbag criminal 

Worst of all he's the definition of a shitebag.

Giving it the big un and then couldn't even look Brown eye to eye and lost the battle big time. 

Worst cunt.

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

Giving it the big un and then couldn't even look Brown eye to eye and lost the battle big time. 

Worst cunt.

Brown schooled him. 

Imagine a big leggo eating waster like that running rings around you. 

Should stick to learning french and scudding folk outside McDonalds. 

“But, after Celtic, I’m having to sit here and take it on the chin – however unjust I feel that is. It’s difficult when I’m playing at a level which, clearly, I’ve not played at before.

"It’s a much lower level and I’m trying to help people get to a higher level. They think me helping is me trying to say, ‘You’re not good enough’. It’s difficult."

He lowered himself to our level, and he's not at fault just helping others.

Guy clearly had tickets on himself and thought he was untouchable as the dogs bollox

30 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Worst cunt.

How did he "lost the battle"?  How was he "schooled"?  Brown and Barton never came in to contact with each other on the pitch.  They shook hands before the match and contested a dropped ball but that was it.  This is another myth that has no foundation in reality.

Scott Brown was shite for the entirety of last season and most Celtic fans wanted rid of him.  They've since got a better manager and performance have improved as is so often the case.  Joey had 5 league games for Rangers and I could've been a real asset for us given time.  The guy was unfit, still adapting to a new team, new style of play, new country, etc.  I think it's fair to say Joey was never given a chance at Rangers before being forced out. 

44 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck Barton.

8 minutes ago, Sket said:

Fuck Barton. Shitebag fenian bastard

Well thought out and reasoned arguments.  Since this is the level of debate I think I'll leave it here.  Bye.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

How did he "lost the battle"?  How was he "schooled"?  Brown and Barton never came in to contact with each other on the pitch.  They shook hands before the match and contested a dropped ball but that was it.  This is another myth that has no foundation in reality.

Scott Brown was shite for the entirety of last season and most Celtic fans wanted rid of him.  They've since got a better manager and performance have improved as is so often the case.  Joey had 5 league games for Rangers and I could've been a real asset for us given time.  The guy was unfit, still adapting to a new team, new style of play, new country, etc.  I think it's fair to say Joey was never given a chance at Rangers before being forced out. 

Remember Barton started the whole war of words, saying Brown wasn't in his league. I'm not saying that Barton wouldn't have improved over time but the fact he couldn't even look at him when shaking his hand speaks volumes. 

Barton was horrendous that game and Brown was left to run amock as per usual when he plays us.

25 minutes ago, Willis said:

I didn't know Katie Hopkins was a Vanguard Bear

Seriously though that's a fantastic article and every single point she makes hits the nail on the head.

Aye mate she was on the pitch at Hampden last year kicking fuck out of Hibs supporters.

Staunch as fuck is Katie.

15 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Says a lot about Barton that he was utterly average for us when he played, and is now winning MOTM awards in the EPL...

Yeah he thought he was the business and would stroll through the games up here in the mickey mouse spl. Pity he was full so of shit he couldn't do a fucking thing right.