The key areas where Rangers must focus their summer recruitment

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking ahead to the 2017/18 season, Pedro Caixinha has a lot of work to do to keep the Rangers support onside.

As impressive as Celtic and Aberdeen have been, there was certainly an expectation within the club to comfortably split their two main rivals. While it was perhaps naïve to suggest that a newly promoted side could waltz into second place, even with the second biggest budget in the country, the fact that a 3-0 win at Pittodrie in April only put Rangers nine points behind Aberdeen is testament to the gap that the Ibrox club will be looking to close next season.

This article will consider the make-up of the current Rangers squad, suggest the main areas to strengthen, as well as identify a few possible signing targets for these positions.

http://www.eatsleepdrinkfootball.com/recruitment-analysis/the-key-areas-where-rangers-must-focus-their-summer-recruitment/?utm_content=buffer39977&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

In order to get second we need at least 5/6 starters - basically a new spine. To even think about challenging the paedophile harbourers we'd need a total overhaul of the starting 11 IMO. 

14 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I like that but you and the poster Ace have posted this so will get merged. good post.

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

In order to get second we need at least 5/6 starters - basically a new spine. To even think about challenging the paedophile harbourers we'd need a total overhaul of the starting 11 IMO. 

It's more than the first 11 due to suspensions, injuries, form, tactical options but I get your jist.

And fully agree about starting with the spine of the team, with winners in there.

13 minutes ago, Ace said:

Looking ahead to the 2017/18 season, Pedro Caixinha has a lot of work to do to keep the Rangers support onside.

As impressive as Celtic and Aberdeen have been, there was certainly an expectation within the club to comfortably split their two main rivals. While it was perhaps naïve to suggest that a newly promoted side could waltz into second place, even with the second biggest budget in the country, the fact that a 3-0 win at Pittodrie in April only put Rangers nine points behind Aberdeen is testament to the gap that the Ibrox club will be looking to close next season.

This article will consider the make-up of the current Rangers squad, suggest the main areas to strengthen, as well as identify a few possible signing targets for these positions.

http://www.eatsleepdrinkfootball.com/recruitment-analysis/the-key-areas-where-rangers-must-focus-their-summer-recruitment/?utm_content=buffer39977&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Did you write that mate? Quite enjoyed reading it.

Looking at the players you've picked out maybe you're the scout we've been missing :bow:

The annoying this is those are the same players we've needed since ally was fucking us over.

We've never managed to get a decent dm, cb or goal scorer even tho it's been blindingly obvious those are absolutely key positions in any team playing any tactics

But enjoyed the suggestions

I want two fucking monsters in the middle of our defence.

A hardman sitting in front of him.

A physical presence up front..

Forget this new age pish of centre halves who are comfortable on ball, two big lads who'll hit anything that moves.

Then you fill in gaps around these four with playmakers/wingers and a poacher

Two tough tackling midfielders who can do the simple things  well and give a platform for the team to get on the front foot, a centre half, a centre forward.  I know we need more but realistically speaking I think it will take more than a couple of seasons to challenge Celtic.

i think with four good signings through the spine of the team, we would be far more consistent against the rest of the spl teams.  I would accept this as progress, this season has been an utter shambles from start to finish and we are still third tells you the standard.  Second next year,  closer points wise to them and some stability for a change.

If we managed this, then we could mount a challenge.  This season I wasnt expecting miracles, knew Celtic would be well ahead of us, but thought second was guaranteed given the standard of the rest but we made a right cock up of that.

19 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Did you write that mate? Quite enjoyed reading it.

Looking at the players you've picked out maybe you're the scout we've been missing :bow:

Not me ... guy called Dougie Wright 

29 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I want two fucking monsters in the middle of our defence.

A hardman sitting in front of him.

A physical presence up front..

Forget this new age pish of centre halves who are comfortable on ball, two big lads who'll hit anything that moves.

Then you fill in gaps around these four with playmakers/wingers and a poacher

Aye. 

I'd rather 2 big fuck off centre halves, big no nonsense eastern Europeans who would kick the fuck out their maw to get the job done.

And a snarling bruiser in midfield that takes shit off no one.

We need height, strength, presence and ruthlessness in tbe defensive spine.