Rangers to play Ards

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

We need to stop going to Northern Ireland for pre season and play teams that will actually give us a challenge.

Unless we are sending a youth side.

Rangers have a huge support in Norn Iron, think it's more of a thank you.

No way will it be anything like what will be put out in a competitive game. 

7 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

We need to stop going to Northern Ireland for pre season and play teams that will actually give us a challenge.

Unless we are sending a youth side.

"Rangers XI" usually suggests it will be the U20's.

5 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

I feel very proud that we always go to play in NI. Other clubs go on glamorous pre season trips but we as a club have never forgotten where a number of our support come from. 

Absolutely correct 

Although not Ards, will never forget Linfield played us in Windsor Park when the Bstds over here wouldn't even let us play Kelly Hearts in a benefit game SFA c&nts would not grant us a liecence they wanted us dead, ended up starting the season with 6 players to play Brechin, so NI every time fkn short memory.com?

4 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

The first round qualifiers could be against a Norn Iron team also, Ballymena United, or Coleraine. 

Both good Proddy teams. 

My da used to travel to Ibrox with the Ballymena boys for many's a year. 

My big mate across the water is a Coleraine boy and we are both hoping it's a tie we can enjoy..Rangers to win of course.. 

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

My big mate across the water is a Coleraine boy and we are both hoping it's a tie we can enjoy..Rangers to win of course.. 

Aye, although not from Ballymena, my da was brought up not far away, so we all used to go to the Sky Blues games. 

My brothers still go, and they're saying it would be a dream draw. 

Tommy Wright and Kenny Shields used to manage Ballymena at different times. 

Big local rivalry between Ballymena and Coleraine, derby games, handbags at dawn lol.

I always go to the Boxing Day derby game as I'm home, always Coleraine, either home or away. 

Tell your mate the Sky Blue Crew are sick battering the Coleraine boys lol

2 hours ago, Chineseboy said:

I feel very proud that we always go to play in NI. Other clubs go on glamorous pre season trips but we as a club have never forgotten where a number of our support come from. 

Mexico/Portugal next year then...

We need to remember to build bridges with clubs and fans across the whole football community in Northern Ireland Maybe a low key friendly against Cliftonville would be a welcome challenge for our club and fans in the pre-season ?

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

We need to remember to build bridges with clubs and fans across the whole football community in Northern Ireland Maybe a low key friendly against Cliftonville would be a welcome challenge for our club and fans in the pre-season ?

I agree.  Seems from the announcement in the Rangers website that its a 20's team plus a few first team fringe players (ps its Rangers' use of the word 'fringe' not mine).   I'm sure it will still be a solid enough Rangers team that takes to the pitch so the game should be well worth watching.

Haven't seen any news of other pre-season friendlies being arranged.  Probably still early days for that.    To help compensate for the short holiday time the players got maybe Pedro has arranged a pre-season training camp in Portugal or Mexico with some games as well.