This is how it feels to be Rangers

scottyc06

Anyone else absolutely buzzing about Rangers right now? We've been through some absolute shite on/off the park the last 5 years but things seem to have finally turned a corner:

• New Manager
  • Significant funding put into the playing squad; Mexicans, Portugese & Colombians to replace League 1 rejects.
  • Back in European competition
  • New retail deal that will massively benefit us, shelves being emptied as a result
  • Mike Ashley no longer a share holder
  • Investment from overseas
  • Close to 40,000 season tickets sold
  • Taking aberdeens captain & a highly rated youth keeper from celtic
  • Rangers fan group becoming the second largest shareholding
  • New DoF who spent the last 7 years as acadamy director at Man City

Cannot wait for the new season to start. Bring on the hibs, the hearts, the celtic! 

download2222.jpg

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I'll only be buzzing when I know we're actually a half decent team again.

This.

Yes, it has a been a great week for the club and finally we are beginning to make real strides. I've yet to watch any of the friendly games (literally about to) but I still have some concerns over Caixinha'a ability to bring us success sadly. In saying that, I really really hope he can.

I think this has been a good week. But we've had so much shite over the last few years I can't help but being cautious.

Off the park things look all good. On the park? It could go either way as the majority of players are unknown quantities as is our manager.

But, things have the potential to be fantastic.

Just now, The Dude said:

Guy that bought some of Ashley's shares

So he gave money to Ashley then?

I'm being pedantic (obviously) but there seems to be a few folk who genuinely think the guy has pumped money directly into Rangers.

Just now, FSM said:

So he gave money to Ashley then?

I'm being pedantic (obviously) but there seems to be a few folk who genuinely think the guy has pumped money directly into Rangers.

I think we'll hear about a rights issue soon where he will put cash directly in.

18 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Anyone else absolutely buzzing about Rangers right now? We've been through some absolute shite on/off the park the last 5 years but things seem to have finally turned a corner:

• New Manager
  • Significant funding put into the playing squad; Mexicans, Portugese & Colombians to replace League 1 rejects.
  • New retail deal that will massively benefit us, shelves being emptied as a result

Cannot wait for the new season to start. Bring on the hibs, the hearts, the celtic! 

download2222.jpg

Although you're technically not wrong, 'over 40,000 season tickets' would be a better way of putting it. :pipe:

23 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

• New Manager

download2222.jpg

Also new DoF, innovative season ahead for the development team playing higher calibre teams from the UK and further afield, incredible ticket demand for European return, increased social media presence. So much positivity and so much to look forward to this season! I've genuinely never known a week or two like in all my days. It's literally good news every day!

Of course the ONLY thing that matters is success on the park but with everything appearing to be going well off the park, for once, the foundations seem to be set for the primary focus of a winning football team. It's now all down to Pedro and the lads to really get us back to where we belong. A successful Rangers on and off the park has the makings of being unstoppable. It's not going to be easy but there is significant cause for optimism...........

4 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Wish we would stop copying the "this is how it feels" patter from those manky bastards. Seen it plastered all over fan pages on Facebook, cringy as fuck.

But yes, very happy with the weeks work!

It was being sung by us in the 3rd division, I havent heard them sing it until this season...

14 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Also new DoF, innovative season ahead for the development team playing higher calibre teams from the UK and further afield, incredible ticket demand for European return, increased social media presence. So much positivity and so much to look forward to this season! I've genuinely never known a week or two like in all my days. It's literally good news every day!

Of course the ONLY thing that matters is success on the park but with everything appearing to be going well off the park, for once, the foundations seem to be set for the primary focus of a winning football team. It's now all down to Pedro and the lads to really get us back to where we belong. A successful Rangers on and off the park has the makings of being unstoppable. It's not going to be easy but there is significant cause for optimism...........

Forgot about Mark Allen, too much going on this week :duh: Updated. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

Forgot about Mark Allen, too much going on this week :duh: Updated. :thumbup:

It's been that kinda a week. It's just been non stop. DoF was quite a hot topic for a spell but it's just been a whirlwind of late. Allen has almost sneaked in the back door ala Rod Wallace. If he can half the impact Wallace had then we'll be doing more than alright.............