Ibrox Stadium

18 minutes ago, TheBlueOne said:

Working in Ibrox primary and noticed boys out In a cherry picker measuring up the windows above the John Gregg statue! Think we'll be seeing banners above the statue like the "Icons of Ibrox" 

I would hope not. Nothing should detract from that Statue and the memorial to the disaster.

Hope not when they are minging they are going to be an eyesore. I sit in GF2 and when I look to each side I see the tops of the stands and the sheeting all needs replaced and the big white bit at the top of the main stand needs all freshened up. Our stadium brought back to standard would be the nicest in Britain imo way better than all of they big soulless new stadiums 

46 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I would hope not. Nothing should detract from that Statue and the memorial to the disaster.

Which has always been in the wrong place in my opinion.

Pretty much everything done to the stadium in the last 22 years has been planned and done so poorly in my opinion.

From the jumbotrons, to the memorial being in the wrong place, to the ruining of the Blue Room with the tacky paintings on the walls and the terrible carpet, to those banners that are up. I also dislike the large Rangers font on the Sandy Jardine stand and the ridiculous Family Stand sign.

The stadium in general needs a thorough restoration of its heritage and returned to a state that is more sympathetic to the time it was built.

42 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I would be surprised if any banners etc were put on the Main Stand it would only cheapen the look of it.

I'm guessing they wouldn't be allowed to anyway. Historic Scotland and the planning authority would probably say 'eh, naw'.

At least, I'm hoping they could have influence on banners. :notallowed:

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Which has always been in the wrong place in my opinion.

Pretty much everything done to the stadium in the last 22 years has been planned and done so poorly in my opinion.

From the jumbotrons, to the memorial being in the wrong place, to the ruining of the Blue Room with the tacky paintings on the walls and the terrible carpet, to those banners that are up. I also dislike the large Rangers font on the Sandy Jardine stand and the ridiculous Family Stand sign.

The stadium in general needs a thorough restoration of its heritage and returned to a state that is more sympathetic to the time it was built.

I guess it's all a matter of opinion and that we have fans who agree with you and those who don't. I don't get to see it too often these days but when I do, I still think it's the best looking stadium in Scotland by a country mile, both inside and out. Yes there are things that I wish were not there and I agree it has lost a bit of its lustre  in the past 20+ years, but if we are improving the team, then I'll forgive a bit of shabbiness until we can afford changes to it.