Well done Pedro

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Friendlies mean absolutely nothing, he still has a long way to go to convince me that the team is on track, and moving away from the calamity in Europe. I'll wait until 6th August, at this moment I would still like him gone but that isn't going to happen so hope he can prove me wrong.

2 hours ago, Broxi said:

If we're going to slate him for the bad performances we can give him credit for the good ones. We looked really organised today and stood up well against a team a class or two above us. 4-4-2 may be the way forward

442 should be the way forward. To me it's pretty obvious that Celtic ripped us apart as a 433. 

It will all come together - he's done the right thing and start off by making us solid and hard to beat. As the team gels more than we will start seeing goals come! 

Most important part of today was to see some improvement and we definitely saw that and also looked like we had a game plan that the players knew and executed it well. 

People asking for him to be sacked is just ridiculous.. Cmon Pedro I've got your back :bangbang:

Loved watching us today, it showed we have genuine quality. The game was played at the pace a competitive game would be played at tbh and the tackles were flying in. We won't come up against teams like Marseille every week as well so it's gave me a bit more optimism about the season ahead, although I do still think Pedro has A LOT to prove. 

Everyone slated the team for getting beat off St Johnstone in a friendly so it's  only fair a good performance gets highlighted as well. Even though it drives certain posters on here mad when anything positive is posted about Rangers. Either beggars or chronic attention seekers who always need to go against the grain so they stand out 

9 minutes ago, standup said:

I wont be confident unitl someone vows that the goals will come

Or at least insists. They always vow or insist these things.

It was noticeable today that we were hitting more shots on goal than normal, Dorrans first thought about 25 yards out was to hit a shot, if that was Halliday or Holt then they'd look to do stupid wee passes and lose possession

Morelos hit a cracker as well and done well to get to the rebound, should have scored the rebound tbf but it was all round good play from him in that situation 

I like Pedro and still think he can do well here.  I'm convinced we'll finish with at least 20 more league points this season.  However, we still lack on those wide areas.  One of two more quality additions in those positions could take us to the next level.  

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

You gotta give credit where it's due that was a great result and a decent performance. 

One criticism would be lacking that killer edge final third but you can't be unhappy at drawing with Marseille and playing to a decent standard and as I said in another thread you can't criticise Pedro for St Johnstone and TNA and not give him credit for that - so kudos.

I am someone who never says friendlies don't matter. If your a Rangers fan you should want to see us win or do well at all times even if it's a friendly.

to flip it though, anyone that says the previous pre season results didn't matter in defence of Pedro but raves about today wants to make up their mind as I can see the comments now.

That doesn't make up for previous results and criticisms but what it should do is give us confidence going into the start of the season. They need to take heart from that. 

Good work out, performance and result. Good days work. 

Hello, hello, we are the Billy Boys.......:dance:

Thank fuck for that. Good post. :tu:

Todays performance was better than I'd thought we'd get. Looks like Alves will be the stalwart. Fucking like him. Thought Lee put in a decent performance, so I'm pleased for him.

Your right we still lack that cutting edge in the final third, but let's get building on that and start the season hitting the ground running.

1 hour ago, Jam_piece said:

Arise, sir pedro!

Done well today. Just a shame that we showed more desire in a meaningless friendly than we did in a euro qualifier. Nothing to do with fitness or not gelling, we just werent up for it and were second to everything. Based on that performace today we may just have done a little better in europe than any of us thought we would. 

I wish people would stop with the 'effort, desire' pish regarding the europa cup, we were shite, that's it! The players clearly tried , they were just shit 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

See this is just a load of rubbish and i'm going to call it out every time I see it on here. The two results against Celtic were terrible because the first was meek and the second he set the team up the same way and we got pumped. 

Re Progres no matter when we play the 4th team from Luxembourg we should win. 

You seem to forget we are not a wold force, nor a European force and not even a Scottish force anymore, but I witnessed today signs of a real revival with a new and very different manager, a new approach to our style of play and new signings that are a step up from the dross we've had to live with for far too long. There is defo change for the better. Early days for sure, but bed them in and build upon what we witnessed today and we will make serious inroads.

Whilst defeat against progress was embarrassing, I'll take it all day long if we can pull off this league title and put those scummy bastards to the sword and shut to fuck up all those mhedia haters.

Just now, MK Dumfries said:

I wish people would stop with the 'effort, desire' pish regarding the europa cup, we were shite, that's it! The players clearly tried , they were just shit 

They didnt really though did they. We had as many opportunities to score in the last 15 minutes than we did in the other 165 minutes of the tie. Because they thought, fuck, we better get our act together. They were strolling about thinking they had it in the bag, no dramas. Until they equalised. 

So we lost the tie because we're pish, thats the only reason. Matched them for EFFORT and DESIRE but simply they are better than us. Beaten by the best. No shame in that. 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

You gotta give credit where it's due that was a great result and a decent performance. 

One criticism would be lacking that killer edge final third but you can't be unhappy at drawing with Marseille and playing to a decent standard and as I said in another thread you can't criticise Pedro for St Johnstone and TNA and not give him credit for that - so kudos.

I am someone who never says friendlies don't matter. If your a Rangers fan you should want to see us win or do well at all times even if it's a friendly.

to flip it though, anyone that says the previous pre season results didn't matter in defence of Pedro but raves about today wants to make up their mind as I can see the comments now.

That doesn't make up for previous results and criticisms but what it should do is give us confidence going into the start of the season. They need to take heart from that. 

Good work out, performance and result. Good days work. 

Friendlies are always difficult to gauge but more so closed door friendlies.....for me they lack even any sort of crowd environment, 2day was more leaning towards a real match

16 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Friendlies are always difficult to gauge but more so closed door friendlies.....for me they lack even any sort of crowd environment, 2day was more leaning towards a real match

Yeah that's true.

I'm someone that does read into friendlies whereas some others don't - so I'm a bit more positive after today. Follow it up with another solid result against Wednesday next weekend and we are probably in a good place for Motherwell the weekend after that. 

I said when it was announced that I've no time for Marseilles but at last minute they are good standard of opposition and will give us the perfect workout. 

Thought todays game was played in a very competitive manner for a friendly, Marseilles looked quite advanced in their pre season and they're a big, fit, physical looking team, both teams were going for it and it wasnt really killed by subs, albeit we tired as they grew into the game more in the second half, on that basis think we can take a wee bit more out of it looking forward than the usual meaningless friendly tag. definite signs of progress but still a lot to do, esp in the last third.

9 points from our first 3 league games should be the bar set. Achieve that and the well dones can begin

Said after the st Johnstone game there were signs of improvement and today was no different.

We've got a long way to go but if we are going to lambast every failure then we have to recognise successes and I'd say today was a success. Many expected us to get horsed by Marseille and instead we looked relatively comfortable.

Will look forward to hopefully seeing highlights from the Watford game on Wednesday.