Kenny and Morelos next week ?

Not sure why the manager waited until 83 mins to give Morelos a run ,, esp as for the most part Herrera was pretty much not in the game.  In all honesty I noticed more of Morelos in 7 mins than I did of Herrera in 83.

Perhaps the boss is thinking Morelos lack of experience was the deciding factor in team selection.  I know they both are still settling in and ideally having a big target man linking in with the wee man nippy man would be ideal,, so perhaps he intended to bring on Morelos for kenny when he started to tire,,, but for me thats a hard call as we all know Kenny can come good anytime and Herrera as yet we dont.

So should we try Morelos and Kenny together next week in the same formation?  Morelos for me, looks at least the hungrier and has shown he can score goals as opposed to Herrera only getting 4 last season ,,,,

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if Miller is getting a start just for communications sake, not sure how having the two foreign signings upfront would be this early on. Need to start giving Morelos 90 mins, going by that from Herrera we've nothing to lose from trying it.

Would prefer Hererra instead of Miller. He was no great shakes today but Miller's a man down most games. It gets glossed over cause he scores.

Think once Hererra gets used to how physical the game is here, he'll be far more effective in his role. Got into a good position for the chance Tav created but needs to offer more.

IMO Kenny should feature as he will and can get goals,, you can rely on him for that.  Wither you start with him or bring him on later for his energy when the game slows I think the point is the same,, Herrera and Kenny should be the ones rotating at the moment ,,,and give Morelos a run at least.  

Herrera is a target man and unless we're firing balls in to the box for him he'll contribute fuck all on a weekly basis.  Kenny just runs around like a headless chicken as always.  Morelos looked good when he came on and was holding the ball up, laying it off, and making forward runs.  If we're going to play 442 this season then we're probably in need of another striker. 

My guess would be that Morelos is taking longer to settle than Herrera. He's only young, speaks no English and is probably lacking a bit of fitness and confidence. If we have other players, I see no point in dropping him in at the deep end if he isnt ready. It seems clear that he is going to play a role for us this season, it is just a matter of easing him into the side in a way that isnt going to drop his confidence. 

2 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

IMO Kenny should feature as he will and can get goals,, you can rely on him for that.  Wither you start with him or bring him on later for his energy when the game slows I think the point is the same,, Herrera and Kenny should be the ones rotating at the moment ,,,and give Morelos a run at least.  

For all of Kenny's useless running around today he did setup the first goal with the clever header to Dorrans.  It's a constant source of frustration as he contributes very little to our overall play but does tend to be involved in the goals.