Our full backs aren't good enough and are putting our keeper under pressure

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our keeper's limited all round ability is putting him under pressure and of the two full backs, Tav is the worst of the two. Only adding to the pressure to an already limited keeper. Wes cannot deal with cross balls, amongst other things.

I also thought Wallace had a decent game.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Wallace and Tav were fine today.

Hodson was wank. 

The only ones deserving criticism today are Hodson, Herrera, Miller and a lesser extent Jack. But nothing will be said about the goldenboy nearly costing a goal and shitting out a challenge 45 seconds prior to the world class save from Fod.

Was caught sleeping at their goal with Windass.

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Our keeper's limited all round ability is putting him under pressure and of the two full backs, Tav is the worst of the two. Only adding to the pressure to an already limited keeper. Wes cannot deal with cross balls, amongst other things.

I also thought Wallace had a decent game.

Well said BA, just don't see the need to keep Foderingham at all - he has improved since first signing, and a decent shot stopper. Wes' limited ability with the ball at feet and dealing with crosses is really poor, he is not what we require moving on. Sadly, he is prone to some monumental howlers as well. There are plenty of decent keepers out there, particularly on the loan market once the EPL sides announce squads. We really should be pushing for a replacement now. 

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Hodson was wank. 

The only ones deserving criticism today are Hodson, Herrera, Miller and a lesser extent Jack. But nothing will be said about the goldenboy nearly costing a goal and shitting out a challenge 45 seconds prior to the world class save from Fod.

Wallace was Murder the ball came in from his side constantly as he or Windass failed to track back.

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Hodson was wank. 

Windass?

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Many of Motherwell's attacks came from our right hand side. In-fact Wallace made a fantastic last ditch tackle to stop a tap in during the second half which came from the right hand side. 

Jack?

Jack had a poor game been good in the Friendlies but quiet today.

We let far too many crosses into pur box without a challemge. Not good when Fod is unconvincing on high balls. For their goal he should have commanded his area, come out and wiped everything out, not stayed flat footed rooted on his line.

Made up for that error with the late save today.

23 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Well said BA, just don't see the need to keep Foderingham at all - he has improved since first signing, and a decent shot stopper. Wes' limited ability with the ball at feet and dealing with crosses is really poor, he is not what we require moving on. Sadly, he is prone to some monumental howlers as well. There are plenty of decent keepers out there, particularly on the loan market once the EPL sides announce squads. We really should be pushing for a replacement now. 

Limited ability with the ball at his feet? 

Been saying this for a while, doesn't matter if yer Manuel Neuer if yer playing infront a Kiernan, Senderos, Wilson, and a horribly out of form Tav and Wallace yeed absolutely shite yerself anytime the ball comes near your end a the pitch.

Constantly left in the shits by his defence and then is expected to turn into David De Gea.

if he works on his decision making and dealing with balls into the box he will develop into a top class keeper, has already shown despite being young he's more than capable of playing for us.

needs time to gel with alves and Cardoso.

5 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Limited ability with the ball at his feet? 

I know this is a meme on other threads at the moment, but there is an element of truth to it. Recall the game against Hearts at Tynecastle in January?? What a shocker he had with the ball at his feet, cost us the match. He really does look shaky in many occasions when the ball is played back, hopefully with a better defence in front of him he can distribute with ball to feet rather than mainly blooter it with his fingers crossed.

7 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I know this is a meme on other threads at the moment, but there is an element of truth to it. Recall the game against Hearts at Tynecastle in January?? What a shocker he had with the ball at his feet, cost us the match. He really does look shaky in many occasions when the ball is played back, hopefully with a better defence in front of him he can distribute with ball to feet rather than mainly blooter it with his fingers crossed.

9 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

The amount of throw ins he's conceeded from kicking is horrendous

I completely disagree when it comes to his ability with the ball at his feet. I remember that Tynecastle pitch being horrendous  though but I can see where you're coming from in that game. The throw ins often come from when he clips it out and the full back goes up to challenge with the winger. If the full back is in space very rarely does he miss the target. We won't get a better goalkeeper when it comes to clipping the ball out to the full back or into midfield. I imagine the manager tells his to hit out wide and there is a small margin for error when you're doing that. While I don't think we could get a better keeper technically, I agree there were times he would look a bit shaky under Warburton but only because it looked like he was.being instructed to pass it out at all costs. From what I've seen under Pedro, he is kicking it longer now from goal kicks and occasionally out his hands.