Louden

RFC55

42 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Lets be honest W - it was a pretty unedifying thread, rather than just a "few jokes" - albeit I totally disagree with the sanctions he proposed.

If thats people's beef with him then so be it - but  there is a lot of nonsense posted on this and various other threads reagrding The Louden.

I've read other posts previously saying he has done similar in the past. I also think it was @K.A.I had mentioned once that he moved people collecting for charity outside his pub because the money being donated wasn't being spent in his bar. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Smile said:

Like most pubs, they will use Bouncers as it will be easy for them to get their licence revoked. He is an old as well.

Aye fair enough

Like I say never been in. Will prob try it 1 day when it is open. Nothing against the guy and always thought his boy put his point across on here very well. RM is my only reference point for opinion on the place so will reserve judgement for if I ever choose to visit. Being a smoker I like the sound of a beer garden but nuff said for now

1 minute ago, D'Artagnan said:

If people dont want to drink in his pub CR due to their opinion or beliefs regarding him - thats their prerogative - but lets not make shit up or withhold the benefit of the doubt to our own.

I respect your opinion but I have seen him in action for years and his childish tantrums when things don't go his way.

His support of Rangers is not in question by me.

4 hours ago, its_an_extender said:

Tbf mate, I'd say the majority of people that go in on a Saturday don't have a clue about any of that stuff. 

Very true you are correct.

Sometimes I wonder if it's better that way - living in ignorant bliss. Must be easier. 

2 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

Well myself and the guys from the bus were in there yesterday - it was absolutley stowed out. I suspect the portaloos are a temporary provision until the renovations are completed - it is so busy that its an absolute nightmare to get to the little boys room from the beer garden, so I find them a Godsend rather than a source of ridicule. Especially at my age and with my bladder.

Hospitality was up to its usual standard - as it was on Wednesday - with rolls and pies free of charge to patrons.

We discussed the singing yesterday - Im quite sure there are the faux offended brigade in the neighbourhood who complain about the slightest thing emanating from the pub, particularly the beer garden where the sound carries further, and I did notice at one point the Polis visiting, possibly in response to a malicious complaint.

I sometimes think as a club & support under seige from haters, we are far too quick to turn on our own.

Ironic then given that's what everyone's problem with HIM is.

53 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I've read other posts previously saying he has done similar in the past. I also think it was @K.A.I had mentioned once that he moved people collecting for charity outside his pub because the money being donated wasn't being spent in his bar. 

Correct. Official Erskine or Help For Heroe's badge sellers about 10-years ago 

"you can't sell these in here, every pound per badge is a pound less in my till" was the line.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Very true you are correct.

Sometimes I wonder if it's better that way - living in ignorant bliss. Must be easier. 

Must of been brilliant circa 1940 when we had over 100k gentlemen inside Ibrox who were united by their love of Rangers. Social media should bring fans together but it seems to divide ours

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

"you can't sell these in here, every pound per badge is a pound less in my till" was the line.

That's brutal!

I do remember they refused to have a collection for wee Josh when we were doing that on here. To be fair to them though they did make a donation and said that they don't have collections in the pub as a rule

1 hour ago, D'Artagnan said:

If people dont want to drink in his pub CR due to their opinion or beliefs regarding him - thats their prerogative - but lets not make shit up or withhold the benefit of the doubt to our own.

No apologies, but he is not one of our own. God forbid!

The man is a class A rat exploiting the blue pound. That is is undeniable. His and his son's  performance on here was something else and that may sound good comng from me, but then again, at I'm not looking to turn a buck.

I will take the word of K.A.I. all day long than that lying grassing no mark. 

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The guy that sits next to me at ibrox told me the exact same thing as you posted there about him saying about it being a pound less in his till. He has no time for him whatsoever. 

I usually always go in for one or two before the games and never really think much of it. 

Only place I would really have the time to go to as it's usually 30 mins to an hour at the very most I have to kill before the games time the bus gets in.

Having said that, this is the first I've heard these stories.

2 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

It's kinda simple 

if don't want to drink in it don't.

my mates all drink in 1 pub in KP , I've never really drunk in it and tend not to, so I go elsewhere. 

You've no got any mates.

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No apologies, but he is not one of our own. God forbid!

The man is a class A rat exploiting the blue pound. That is is undeniable. His and his son's  performance on here was something else and that may sound good comng from me, but then again, at I'm not looking to turn a buck.

I will take the word of K.A.I. all day long than that lying grassing no mark. 

BA @K.A.I  ok finally have to ask what's the grading story?  I my day folk got glassed in pubs not grassed?  

14 minutes ago, drewgardiner88 said:

I like the place. Didn't have to buy a drink when I was in there in uniform pre armed forces day!

You seem to have stumbled onto a winner there everyone in Govan reading this will be wearing a uniform in the Pub next Matchday.

3 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

Lets be honest W - it was a pretty unedifying thread, rather than just a "few jokes" - albeit I totally disagree with the sanctions he proposed.

If thats people's beef with him then so be it - but  there is a lot of nonsense posted on this and various other threads reagrding The Louden.

I think you're in the minority on this one mate.

In addition to the grassing episode, he was a complete prick during the time he posted on RM then lied on other social media about why he was eventually banned.

I would honestly rather set my money on fire than give him one penny. I genuinely hope he comes to a bad end no matter what team he follows.

If I owned a Rangers pub id be smart enough to stay off social media, especially forums. Fair enough having one for the sake of publicity but i wouldn't use it as a way to voice personal opinions, it does no businesses no favours especially when it comes to the Rangers support.

Don't see what good he thinks arguing with folk and causing controversy online does, i had no part in the debates with him but after seeing the way he's acted towards not only fellow Bears but potential customers I've no real desire to drink in his establishment